glamlash training on groupon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottishjoy

Reaction score
Now I'm not sure if this should be a blog - apologies if it should- but today on groupon Glam lash are offering their glamlash training for £69.

I was just wondering what people who have trained with them thought of this? Personally I think its a total no-no! If I had chosen to invest in their brand I'd be really peed off as I think it really cheapens the brand!

Would you buy training from groupon? At that price most people could afford it. Is this not going to encourage more and more cowboy lashers?

I've only every used groupon twice - once for a cut and highlights and once for a massage. I have to say I will never use it again. Both were supposedly high end salons but both treatments were poor. I didn't expect much from the massage tbh - finding a quality massage therapist is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I did expect more from the hair salon.

I suspect that it could be because they have so many of these 'offers' to get through that the service provided is hurried and (hopefully) not up to the standard that they would normally give a full paying client. I wonder if it would be the same with a training course?

Shame on them! :(

Agree with Sheila. I thought people used Groupon when they were desperate for business so even if that is not the case, I think a lot of people will think that.

I trained with this company and was gobsmacked to see this today!

Last edited:
I think that's disgusting. How unfair is that for the people who have paid good money and trained with them!

its a shame to see this, I shake my head with despair.
And if I had invested in training with this company I would be not be impressed.

When I've seen the groupon and kgb and living social offers come through to me it smacks of desperation.

its a shame to see this, I shake my head with despair.
And if I had invested in training with this company I would be not be impressed.

When I've seen the groupon and kgb and living social offers come through to me it smacks of desperation.

Completely agree. I understand that people taking up this offer will have to buy the kit on top. Can't help feeling this is why they have done it. To sell more products.
What this says to me is the company is struggling and if that's the case, I wouldn't want to start stocking their products because I would be worried about them going bust. That is just my personal feeling, I am not saying they are going bust or slating the company in any way, I don't know them, have never had dealings with them.
But now they are doing groupon deals, sorry that puts them in the cheep and cheerful bracket for me and I only like to associate with quality.
As for anyone doing this as a stand alone course, well I think they will come away with a much greater appreciation for lash professionals, and will think they have been conned into thinking a one day course will have the money rolling in.

Is this is a well established, quality training/lash company?

Times are hard, and it seems that many are doing all they can to survive. I to would be pretty fed up I had paid full price for a course and then found they were offering it elsewhere a lot cheaper, but, is this really any different from doing a training course with one trainer/college and doing an identical course elsewhere cheaper? In fact, prices seem to be coming down all the time and elsewhere discounts are offered.

As for anyone doing this as a stand alone course, well I think they will come away with a much greater appreciation for lash professionals,
Sorry, I thought eyelash extensions were a stand alone course. I suspect it will attract a few who were interested previously and will just take advantage of the offer which has come at the right time for them but the vast majority will be people who will find it's harder than it looks and end up not doing it professionally.

and will think they have been conned into thinking a one day course will have the money rolling in.
How long is a normal eyelash course? There are plenty of one day courses around that allow you to qualify and start charging in a day how would this be different.

The offer is for 'Lash in a Flash' training, in other words express lashes. The offer states that you don't need to have done an eyelash extension course beforehand, I think that's what Susie meant when she said a standalone course.
Now someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of any other company that will let you train in express lashes unless you are already qualified in eyelash extensions.

It's not the course I have a problem with. It's the fact that it is being offered as a Groupon deal.

I personally, feel it just cheapens the whole thing and does not give a positive impression of the training company.

Having said that, it has opened up the debate on here and, as we know, hundreds of people see these threads every day.

It's all publicity for the company and, as we know, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Or is there?

Last edited:
It just shouts 'Anyone and his uncle can do this, it's so simple and so cheap. Why pay salon prices when you can train for less than 2 treatments and do all your friends and family'.

We are all finding things tough at the moment either at home or work or both but some of us will survive through quality and service and others will underprice themselves out of a long term future.

Anyone want to pay full price for this course now? Any takers?

Mmmm dont suppose this would be the right time to ask for the link would it?!!!

Well theyve done it before some months back for normal ee. That is how i got into it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

There was also one yesterday advertising a one day waxing course

This doesn't surprise me at all with glam lash. I've just had to go through trading standards to get a refund on items that I bought with next day delivery postage and packaging that didn't turn up at all. Eventually after ringing and ringing (18 phonecalls in total) and being fobbed off with someone constantly saying they'd ring me back and never did I eventually had to go through trading standards to get my money back as they kept making excuses. Needless to say they refunded me (after I had to tell them how much the refund was for as they're that unprofessional and unorganised they didn't know and couldn't even find out without my help)

I personally would have no dealings with this company now ever again after my very bad experience. Best of luck to those who do is all I can say

This doesn't surprise me at all with glam lash. I've just had to go through trading standards to get a refund on items that I bought with next day delivery postage and packaging that didn't turn up at all. Eventually after ringing and ringing (18 phonecalls in total) and being fobbed off with someone constantly saying they'd ring me back and never did I eventually had to go through trading standards to get my money back as they kept making excuses. Needless to say they refunded me (after I had to tell them how much the refund was for as they're that unprofessional and unorganised they didn't know and couldn't even find out without my help)

I personally would have no dealings with this company now ever again after my very bad experience. Best of luck to those who do is all I can say

I was finally refunded 2 months after I placed and paid for the order and the products never showed up

Latest posts

Back