Glaze&Go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsallnewtome

Reaction score
HI, I am after a little advice. I have not been doing nails for very long and I am only recently qualified. I have been really busy and have not had any problems, but when I do my sister in-laws nails they go a bit yellowish and she likes them to be crisp white. I thought it was something that she was using and re-polished them a couple of times but when she came at weekend for a rebalance I applied Glaze & Go to one and hand and a normal top coat polish to the other. When I compared the two the glaze and go was definately a bit yellowish. I only bought the bottle at weekend and used the new one to make sure that it was nothing to do with my old glaze and go. Does anybody else have this problem. Or can anybody recommend any top coat gel that does not do this. Thanks.

ive never heard of glaze n go doing this.
what hand did you apply the it to was it her writing hand? if so as the polish hand was ok then i would say it was something your client was doing/using rather than the product eg cleaning,hair shampoo etc..
akzentz do a gel topcoat that is a violet colour to stop yellowing and it makes your whites whiter and your pinks pinker.x

I use glaze and go and never have this problem,
does you sister apply the tinted creams or fake tan this could be a factor, hth.

Does she smoke?

Does she have a curry and eat it with her fingers - as in dabbing it up with a nana bread/chapati?
Does she use sunbeds?
Smoking, as someone else has asked is a swine for turning nails yellow.

Best thing to do, is when she's got a yellowing nail - take a file and swipe it over the whites - if the area comes back white, it could be something she's doing.

My neice uses John Freida hair mousse for blondes (in a gold can) and it can make her nails look almost grey/fawn coloured.

Could she be applying her foundation with that hand daily, and not washing it off her fingers, or something like a dove summer sun moisturiser etc?

I use Glaze and Go all the time, I've never had a problem with yellowing until this weekend when we had an Indian takeaway, as suggested previously I'm positive it happened when I was eating onion bahjis or naan bread with my hands, it does come white again when filed. HTH.

I use glaze and go on my clients.. One of my clients worked in an Indian Restaurant and her thumb dipped in the curry when she waitressing!! It was yellow compared to her other fingers, I just filed the glaze & go off the thumb, applied a new coat and cured!! Everything was fine after that!! But I agree with the comments above it could be smoking (nicotine turning the nails yellow) or sunbeds.. I had a client as well who what I can only describe as abusing the sunbed the amount of hours she went on, her gel toes went yellow and cracked!! I think it is because of the watt in the sunbed damaged the gel.

Has she been for a false tan or applied her own without gloves?! Maybe the tan has turned the nails yellow?!

Could the yellowing be caused by old acrylic (white) under the nail if you did a rebalance?!

Do you use NSI products?! When I was training I was advised to stick to one nail supplier (manufacturer) and use their products only.. If you have mix and match your equipment, a chemical reaction may occur.

Did you use a lint free nail wipe with NSI cleanse before applying glaze & go?! To remove any filing, dust ect.

Are your UV bulbs in date.. They should be replaced every 6 months. If they are old, they might be NOT be setting the gel properly causing the gel to crack or turn yellow.

I'm baffled with your question, I hope you find the answer to your problem because when I do my enhancements I don't experience yellow nails & I think Glaze & go is a fantastic product!! x

Latest posts

Back