Glaze 'n' Go or Thermoshield???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainy82

Reaction score
Ok, so I have my first client tomorrow, but isn't having pink and white as she wants them painted! Can you use glaze 'n' go on top of the varnish, or is thermoshield better for varnish? Sorry, only never done a painted set!!!

Lainy. xxx

Hiya,
I use glaze nd go on top of polish,with no problems.
Just remember to tell your client that she shudn't try to remove it herself as it has to be buffed.....I forgot to tell a client once and she called complaining that she couldn't change her polish as she could't,and i quote her words, 'take the damnd stuff off'
ooppss :lol:
xx:hug:xx

Thanks Del, that should be fine then cos she's only having them on while she goes on a "cruise"!! Lucky for some!!!

xx

Glaze'n'Go is a gel top gloss, your last layer of gel (can be used over acrylic too), that always goes underneath your base coat and varnish.
Thermoshield is a heat/UV activated fast drying top coat and therefore the one you use on top of the varnish.

Glaze'n'Go is a gel top gloss, your last layer of gel (can be used over acrylic too), that always goes underneath your base coat and varnish.
Thermoshield is a heat/UV activated fast drying top coat and therefore the one you use on top of the varnish.

Sorry, I did forget to say that i use glaze nd go first and then apply base coat,polish and then a coat of glaze nd go to finish.

Ok, so when I have finished the nails, I apply glaze 'n' go before the base coat and the varnish, then use glaze 'n' go or thermosheild on top?! Is that right? xxx

That's how I've done it and I've had no problems.
Even though I use NSi products I'm not NSI trained, so if there is an NSI trained geek that can tell us how to do it a different way that would be fab.

I`d use the glaze and go first then the polish and use thermasheild not glaze and go on top of polish as the polish can crack under the gel:)

Thanks Jo-Anne! :green:

I'm NSI trained and I would also go with what Jo-anne said.
Glaze'n'go is not designed to go over polish and can yellow if it is (Ive tried :irked:).
Ive never used thermoshield, i've always used airshield, what is thermoshield like?

Thanks for that Jo. I have never tried the thermoshield!!

Thermo shield is just like air shield they are both air drying topcoats or can be placed under a normal light bulb
they seem the same to me :hug:

I'm NSI trained and I would also go with what Jo-anne said.
Glaze'n'go is not designed to go over polish and can yellow if it is (Ive tried :irked:).
Ive never used thermoshield, i've always used airshield, what is thermoshield like?

Thermoshield is a heat or UV activated version of Airshield. Apply it as you would apply Airshield, allow to penetrate for one minute, put in your UV lamp for three minutes and your client is ready to go. Amazing product!
I know Airshield is just as quick; the benefit of Thermoshield is that having your client to keep her fingers in the lamp until the polish is dry prevents smudging!:lol:

Latest posts

Back