Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just ask how you geeks stop the glitter from 'spreading' over the rest of the nail when applying the top coat? As you can see from this pic, as soon as I applied the top coat it kind of spread a litre over the rest of the nail.. Thanks in advance :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385670889.178283.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385671084.137948.jpg
Gelish tutti fruity with pink glitter. Much sparklier in real life.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385671256.027803.jpg

Another. Shellac hot pink with rockstar ring finger

Can anyone help me? If you only apply the glitter to the tip, how do you stop it spreading when you apply the top coat? Thanks in advance :) xx

Can anyone help me? If you only apply the glitter to the tip, how do you stop it spreading when you apply the top coat? Thanks in advance :) xx

I would wipe the sticky layer off the colour coat then add some colour coat to the tip cure then put glitter on. Then a clear colour coat to seal in glitter then top coat.

Or same as above except instead of wiping sticky layer once you've added glitter just put top coat or a clear colour coat of glitter first then top coat whole thing, after curing obviously x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

You could mix the glitter in your UV top coat, cure then top coat again.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385741976.934715.jpg

Shellac with some chunky mixed glitter over the top

Yay I can finally join the glitter club!! I had to mix my glitter in with a pale gelish colour as it wouldn't cure in the inhibition layer, any advice gelish users with led lamp? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385745439.168139.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385745452.717626.jpg

Christmas toes, these look lush in real life ☆

20131124_180655-1_zps1dde005b.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love this colour, what is it please? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385761496.391335.jpg
Hollywood with red and gold glitter x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385761570.350623.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385761550.820296.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385761550.820296.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 278
I would wipe the sticky layer off the colour coat then add some colour coat to the tip cure then put glitter on. Then a clear colour coat to seal in glitter then top coat.

Or same as above except instead of wiping sticky layer once you've added glitter just put top coat or a clear colour coat of glitter first then top coat whole thing, after curing obviously x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank u. I will try this next time :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385798947.433873.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385798958.800680.jpg
Here's my first Christmas set of nails this year!! Gelish rockstars 💅💖

Yay I can finally join the glitter club!! I had to mix my glitter in with a pale gelish colour as it wouldn't cure in the inhibition layer, any advice gelish users with led lamp? View attachment 49192View attachment 49193

Hi

Do you mean it wouldn't stick to the inhibition layer once cured? If so then I have the same problem and the only way it works is to cure the colour coat for 5s then add glitter then cure for 30s.

I never had this problem with my uv lamp so I think it's just where the led cures it so well there is really not much of a tacky layer left. Hth xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yep I even tried laying it on uncured layer then curing. Went to dust off the excess and it hadn't set. The only way I can get them to work is by mixing together first then applying. I think you're right that it's the led lamp and I used my uv lamp to do the pop sticks and they worked fine!

This baby pink is from goldleafsupplies on eBay. 😊 they have fab glitter
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah ha... that's the one... perfect ;) thanks hun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your welcome 😊 Its great when you find exactly what your after. Post a pic when you do the nails to match the Jumper. X

Will do :) you're a star. I am making her a ring too, to go with the nails, to go with the jumper! Haha xxx

Ah great can't wait to see the piccys. I love making rings with acrylic. Not done one for long time though 😊 might have to have a play 😃xx

This was the ring...

1385806190185.jpg

Not done the nails yet xxx

This baby pink is from goldleafsupplies on eBay. 😊 they have fab glitter

Ah ha... that's the one... perfect ;) thanks hun xxx

Your welcome 😊 Its great when you find exactly what your after. Post a pic when you do the nails to match the Jumper. X

Will do :) you're a star. I am making her a ring too, to go with the nails, to go with the jumper! Haha xxx

Ah great can't wait to see the piccys. I love making rings with acrylic. Not done one for long time though 😊 might have to have a play 😃xx

This was the ring...

View attachment 49289

Not done the nails yet xxx

Latest posts

Back