Glitter for eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeauty

Reaction score
any make-up geeks have advice on what to use to make gliiter stick on top of your eyeshadow?....I ask this because, yesterday at Scottish Beauty I purchased some very nice glitters for the eyes, now the lady demonstrating put some on me and said if I bought these today she would through in the 'special' adhesive used to make it stick, so i bought it....anyway having just checked my purchases this morning I excitedly went to try out my glitter and found that the so called special adhesive she gave me was in fact a 'cheap brand' clear mascara!!!....the stuff she used was in a different style of tube and had a brush (not a wand?) I know this because I looked closely at what she used and how she applied it....I'm angry and disappointed I never got the right stuff and wondered if any of you make-up professionals know what I can use now?....there was no leaflet in my bag either on the products or company and cant remember who they were or I would be e/mailing them!...:mad:....any advice would be great...thanks x

I have successfully applied glitter with plain old vaseline before.....so get an old make-up (probably a lip) brush) and give it ago. Vaseline on first, then dip the brush and very gently touch it to the are you want it, blending slightly as you go. Don't rub too much or you'll budge your eyeshadow....takes a bit of practise but once you've got it - no problem.

I get so cross at these people doing this to us at exhibitions. I've been sold products previously that have been very differnt from what was on display once you got it out of the tube or pot or whatever. The very reason I now avoid the 'cheap small' stands at the back.

I would mail the exhibition organiser and still let them know.

Hiyah

I have used a small amount of vaseline for my eyeshadow glitters in the past and it stays ons perfectly.

hth
Sue

hi its eyeliner then glitter on top i wear it all the
time i love my glitter

Does vaseline not make your eyeshadow crease?....I dont want to end up with a big crease along my shadow line...:lol:...but I will try it out..thanks guys x

I have successfully applied glitter with plain old vaseline before.....so get an old make-up (probably a lip) brush) and give it ago. Vaseline on first, then dip the brush and very gently touch it to the are you want it, blending slightly as you go. Don't rub too much or you'll budge your eyeshadow....takes a bit of practise but once you've got it - no problem.

I get so cross at these people doing this to us at exhibitions. I've been sold products previously that have been very differnt from what was on display once you got it out of the tube or pot or whatever. The very reason I now avoid the 'cheap small' stands at the back.

I would mail the exhibition organiser and still let them know.

Good idea....think I may just contact them as you said...cheers

hi i have ben putting glitter on my eyes since 89
and i alway used eyeline
if you use green eyeliner with green glitter it brings it out
i have all colors of eyeliner and glitter its alway diff every day

Hi Wild......so, do you line your eyes with the eyeliner and put the glitter on whilst its still wet?.....I only have black eyeliner which I hardly ever use!...I dont want to go the expense of buying lots of diff coloured eyeliners now for this to work...:confused:

hi redbeauty
put a thin line of black liner on top lid then dip your finger a clean
finger in glitter then dab on top of liner any color line with any
color glitter works mix & match

i use vaseline xxx

Thanks girls.....I will have a go see what happens....:green:x

i use vaseline xxx

hi
it will melt and drip and stick to your eye lashes in summer
and when it rain it will run

Thanks girls.....I will have a go see what happens....:green:x

Ok....just done my playaround bit and used vaseline....dosen't seem to go on very well it kinda stuck in some bits and not in others? and I found that when I opened my eye..some glitter had gone onto top eyelid.....:confused:..not very pretty...:green:, I applied it with a tiny brush so I dont know where I went wrong?....:o....will have to take it all of and try the eyeliner way the Wild mentioned next....:lol:

hi

like i said ~~but i only ben wearing it like this for 20 yrs

hi

Never had that problem....guess it depends on the shape of your eyes.

You only need the tiniest smear of Vaseliine...almost like a shimmer and it;s lovely. I know loads of peeps who do it that way no probs.

the vaseline has made my eyeshadow crease!!!..thats exactly what i dont want to happen....:lol:....

heyyy! just my two pennies... Pop Beauty (available in selfridges and some branches of topshop) do a product called 'Sparkle Sauce' which you mix with glitter to create a kinda watery paste instead of a gel...bad news is its £10...and i can't find it on the website! and it makes glitter stay on really well!

apart from that Sallys do a 'Glitter Gel' which you mix with your glitters to make a paste, i found this to take AGES to dry and doesn't last as long as the 'sparkle sauce'...but its only 99p

hth xxx

vaseline will not hold the glitter
if it 90 degress out the vaseline will run

Latest posts

Back