Glitter gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSRR

Reaction score
:) Hi there,

I'm new to this site so pls excuse me.

I currently use Akzentz gels which I love using. I'm still fairly new at this however I have mastered the basics quite well :) Most of the nails I do are french overlays onto the natural nail. I do have a few that require tips so all that is good :)

I'm now getting asked for sparkly glittery nails :rolleyes: i.e. replacing the white with a coloured glitter, and while I have a rough idea as to how | would go about this, I would love to hear other people's techniques.

I would love any advice on how to go about mixing glitters into gels and how to apply. Also does anyone use nail polish then seal with gel?

Any advice would be much appreciated :lol:

Thanks in advance

I mix my glitters with gel in a small 1/4 oz.jar
I use 1 scoop glitter and 2 scoops Natural clear. Your goal is to create mixture that is not runny, but not too thick.
I use dotting tool (marbleizing tool) for application and precise smile line placement. There is no need to swipe your smile line hence no glitter on the nail bed.HTH

i dont mix my gels with glitters.
i have a small pot of clear gel which i use just for glitters and i dip my dotting (marbelizing) tool into the gel and then place it in the pot of glitter i have found this the easiest way to get the mix ratio right everytime.and as lana said using the dotting tool allows you to creat a great smile line without having to sweep it,i also use this for my brush on white.
NSI do a product called theromshield,this is specifically for use over nail varnish.you apply it over the top as you apply a nail varnish and cure under a uv lamp.hths.xx

Thanks ladies, really good help and advice.

Has anyone else got any hints and tips for glitter nails??

Could anyone advise if using Akzentz Trilite Clear would be okay to mix with glitters? I would normally use natural clear but I have a pot of Trilite that I dont use so thought it might be good for glitters.

Any advice of this would be much appreciated, thanks

From Mandy xx

i dont mix my gels with glitters.
i have a small pot of clear gel which i use just for glitters and i dip my dotting (marbelizing) tool into the gel and then place it in the pot of glitter i have found this the easiest way to get the mix ratio right everytime.and as lana said using the dotting tool allows you to creat a great smile line without having to sweep it,i also use this for my brush on white.
NSI do a product called theromshield,this is specifically for use over nail varnish.you apply it over the top as you apply a nail varnish and cure under a uv lamp.hths.xx

On Tracey Louise's advice and after seeing the beautiful nails she makes, this is the method I started using and find it is brill.
Always apply a clear coat over the top of the glitter to cap it and then it doesn't get filed away
Cheers
Karen

Thanks karen, I'll definately give it a go, my only prob was if my Akzentz Trilite gel would be suitable for this. I'll just use it and see how I get on. I always try new things out on my own nails first so if it's not right I can sort it before doin anyone else, lol

Cheers Mandy x

On Tracey Louise's advice and after seeing the beautiful nails she makes, this is the method I started using and find it is brill.
Always apply a clear coat over the top of the glitter to cap it and then it doesn't get filed away
Cheers
Karen
aww,thanks hun. and your right about applying the clear otherwise you can end up filing the glitter off.
i usually apply the glitter on my bonder layer of gel and then this means that i am applying my builder layer over the top.this means that i know that i wont file any glitter off this way.
what type of gel is trilite?
i use nsi finish clear for the glitter as its a thin consistancy and quite runny.i find that if i use my builder clear i apply the glitter to thick.hths.xx

Yes Tracey Louise That's what I do too. Apply the builder over the glitter layer. OOpps I apply a clear layer over the glitter with L & P. Just getting a bit confused. Anyways this is the way that you told me to do it and it works a treat Thanks

Karen xx

aww,thanks hun. and your right about applying the clear otherwise you can end up filing the glitter off.
i usually apply the glitter on my bonder layer of gel and then this means that i am applying my builder layer over the top.this means that i know that i wont file any glitter off this way.
what type of gel is trilite?
i use nsi finish clear for the glitter as its a thin consistancy and quite runny.i find that if i use my builder clear i apply the glitter to thick.hths.xx
Tracey Louise .... you are awesome, as are your nails. I have been on here for 1.5 hrs now and only came on to find out if I could use gel over acrylic and discovered your posts about glitters. I cant wait to pop into the salon (tomorrow - sun ???) just to try the dotting tool method out, how sad is that? Thanks again, you are a geek encyclopedia...ha

Tracey Louise .... you are awesome, as are your nails. I have been on here for 1.5 hrs now and only came on to find out if I could use gel over acrylic and discovered your posts about glitters. I cant wait to pop into the salon (tomorrow - sun ???) just to try the dotting tool method out, how sad is that? Thanks again, you are a geek encyclopedia...ha
aww,thanks hun im glad i could help. this site has helped me so much so im glad i could pass it on.let me know how you get on with the dotting tool.good luck.xx

Latest posts

Back