Glitter nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mavric01

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
Just ordered some nail glitter as I have been looking through you albums and your nails are all so lovely and I just have to try the glitter nail art! So just wanted to know what I do! Is it best to mix the glitter in with the gel and then apply gel or do you apply gel then sprikle glitter on (I am talking about glitter tips not so much nail art) Cant wait to hear all your tips and handy hints of what to do - God I live this website!!!! x :lol:

you can do it either way hun,
if you are going to mix the glitter with your gel put some gel on a sculpting form and add the glitter bit by bit,
this way you will get the consistency you want and wont have wasted a full pot of gel, hth :hug:

hi hun you can mix it, but i prefer to apply my first layer of gel and using a seperate brush i pick the glitter up and place it on the tip to create a smile line then cure then apply my builder layer hth xx

Is it best to mix the glitter in with the gel and then apply gel
This is what I do... when I get to the end of a pot of clear or pink I keep it, then add glitter to it when needed, mix and use, if I need more I can add more clear/pink (depending on the colour of glitter I'm using).

Do whatever you feel comfortable with, there's no right or wrong way providing you get your end result without compromising the enhancement structure etc :hug:

i dont pre mix my glitter with gel.i use an empty gel small pot and pour the glitter you are using with the gel,i then dip my dotting tool into the gel and then dip my dooting tool straight into the glitter im using and then apply straight to the nail and cure then apply a layer of clear builder gel cure and file to shape.this way i have no waste.you will end up with glitter in the pot but i just have afew seperate pots for light and dark colours etc...

Latest posts

Back