Glitter Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*jadedanielle*

Reaction score
Hello Ladies...

There may be a very well known answer to this question but i havnt tried doing any glitter tips yet and iv been looking on photos and thinking wow how on earth do they get the smile lines neat and not get any glitter bits on the clear nail bed? What product do people use for the glitter and how do you get it so neat? is it just practice or is there a secret behind it?

Thanks

Jade xxx

The best tip I could give you (from a personal point of view) is to use 2 separate brushes, one for the glitter and one for your clear/pink powder, never using the glitter brush for anything else :D

NailGraphix is a fab line of glitters, whereby you add your own brand of clear/pink powder to the glitter.
Naturalnails (SalonGeek member) is the UK distributor :D

Nail Graphix glitter Acrylic

The way I think best so as not to spoil the pink with glitter is do the reverse method, create the clear or pink first making the smile line with that then do the glitter free edge by butting up to the clear/pink smile line. No glitter in your brush then until you do the free edge. x

You will find using glitter powders easier than using white. Use your glitter powder to do all ten nails and then go back and finish with your pink and clear. You may wish to use a different brush and monomer when using glitter but I don't personally, it could be an advantage when you are first experimenting though.

When the tip area is dry and before you finish the application, just check there are no stray bits of glitter on the rest of the nail and if there is a gentle scrape with a cuticle tool should remove them.

I use the reverse technique, always looks perfect especially with glitter tips!
xxx

I use Nail Graphix glitter and Young Nails they're are fab.
I've been doing nails nearly 12 months and do loads of glitter tips, i've got pics on my FB page (Twinkle Tips Mobile Nails By Alison) if you want to have a look. As a previous post stated the reverse application is probably the best way to acheive a good smile line, and a fair bit of practice!! Ha ha xxxx

When choosing your glitter, it's best to buy form a professional nail company.
I know some used glitter from craft store's...the only downside to these glitters is when you file your nails then can take the colour off the glitter...the result silver looking nails rather than the colour you started with.

Yes I have done thos myself..used a crat store glitter..they looked lovely then bam silver..not a great look :) xx

My teacher swears it's all in how you mix it, too much glitter= a mess, the right mix will hold the glitter in the polymer. I, however, hate when I can see through the nails and if it isnt thick enough and there isnt a ridiculous amount of glitter it drives me nuts... so I use a little extra glitter, do my glitter tip, move on and do next, then go back and do pink, so it's 2 color, 2 pink, 2 color, 2 pink, does that make sense? Perfect every time, if I do say so myself :)

Alison I can't find your fb page and I'm really interested
Hayley

Hi Hayley
Its working now x

Ive got loads of craft glitters and they have pigments in....I mix them with the clear acrylic from my system and then like has already been said I sculpt the glitter tips with a seperate brush just in case I contaminate the pink.
I wipe my brush before I swipe my smile line and never get glitter on the nail bed....would love to try reverse technique tho....sounds fun but just have not had the balls to give that a go! lol

:eek: hth xxxx

Give it a go! Its fab - have a look on Young Nails Website and they have video tutorials on it xxxx

As a gel user, I like to use a thin layer of coloured gel first and then a glitter layer.

For example if I do a silver glitter tip, I use a silver coloured gel first to get a crisp smile line (and higher coverage with a thinner finish) and then go over with the silver glitter gel (premixed) This method also makes it easier to buff off when they want it changed.

regards
Gina

Latest posts

Back