Glitzy Lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok this might sound like a silly question but...so if the rrp for clients to buy a packet is £29.95 and 1 application/treatment at the salon would be £15, if they have the one applied and they want the rest of the packet (say it's the first of the packet you have used) what would you charge?
Hope that makes sense!?
Rhiannon x

Ok this might sound like a silly question but...so if the rrp for clients to buy a packet is £29.95 and 1 application/treatment at the salon would be £15, if they have the one applied and they want the rest of the packet (say it's the first of the packet you have used) what would you charge?
Hope that makes sense!?
Rhiannon x

I would charge 15 to apply it and 29.95 for the pack ... unless you want to make it a DEAL for them to buy it. For a DEAL You could say first application 10 and the pack is 29.95 for all others it is a 15.00 appointment.

There is nothing stopping you making your own 'deals'. Just don't go ruining it for yourself and others by creating price wars. If everyone charges the same for normal services clients will not have a choice based on price alone and everyone will make what they should be making.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Glitzy Lips! Have managed to order four colours early this morning along with my new Shellac colours. My question is if you were to apply this as a service to the customer, what qualification would you need as I would want to be covered for insurance purposes.

Thanks

Amanda

(currently wearing Silver Lightening Leopard Minx Toes and Fedora Shellac Fingers!!!)

I would charge 15 to apply it and 29.95 for the pack ... unless you want to make it a DEAL for them to buy it. For a DEAL You could say first application 10 and the pack is 29.95 for all others it is a 15.00 appointment.

There is nothing stopping you making your own 'deals'. Just don't go ruining it for yourself and others by creating price wars. If everyone charges the same for normal services clients will not have a choice based on price alone and everyone will make what they should be making.

Lovely thank you Gigi :)
Rhiannon x

LOVE LOVE LOVE Glitzy Lips! Have managed to order four colours early this morning along with my new Shellac colours. My question is if you were to apply this as a service to the customer, what qualification would you need as I would want to be covered for insurance purposes.

Thanks

Amanda

(currently wearing Silver Lightening Leopard Minx Toes and Fedora Shellac Fingers!!!)

The same as if you were applying a glitter or foil tattoo I would imagine. There is no qualification for this .. it is a retail item ... you clients can buy it and apply it to their friends. I doubt you need anything other than your normal insurance. I would check with your provider to be sure.

when will be able to purchase Salon Posters for Glitzy Lips (would have a been good to have these when launched) and also additional adhesives ?

I would like to see smaller sizes for retail .. including smaller adhesives too

I did ask at sweet squared but they didnt know

thanks

kx

when will be able to purchase Salon Posters for Glitzy Lips (would have a been good to have these when launched) and also additional adhesives ?

I would like to see smaller sizes for retail .. including smaller adhesives too

I did ask at sweet squared but they didnt know

thanks

kx

The sizes they have now are the retail size and if the client wants not to buy it then you can apply it in the salon for her.

This is something VERY new ... would you rather have had the products at the launch or a poster?

If you wear it to sell it you will not need a poster lol
Be your own advertisement.

All will be available to you in due course and in the meantime you can sell this service or retail very well, as it sells itself, as you can plainly see by the comments and excitement in this thread.

Glitzy lips is so new, Athena brought the stock for the show with her!!! We had none before that!! So you are on the threshold of something new and fun and something that can make you quite a nice boost of money. It's not for everyone but it is for many ... it's very now and it's here.

geeg-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+shellac+images++%26amp%3B+glitzy+lips-picture41025-glitzy-lips.jpg

I have just posted a picture on my Facebook saying 'Glitzy Lips coming soon' and my clients have gone mad! :D Thank you S2!!!
Rhiannon x

If you want in the salon, you can charge 15.00 to apply them.

Ok Just to be sure if your a nail tech and hold non other beauty qualifications ,

Check with your insurance before offering in salon aplication ,

Rember glitter tattoos ? I wanted to offer these a few years ago , there was no class for them they are soo easy they dont need a class, so i called my insurer the Guild told me NO not the minimum I would need was facepainting or a spray tan qualification ! before I was able to be covered to apply them ,
It might have changed but you shuld probably check just to be sure.

If not use them as retail .I hope to be able to get some in for retail in the party season . X

Just to let you know, I have the MSDS for the Glitzy Lips adhesive if anyone at all wants it sending .. usual rules apply .. send me your S2 customer number with the request for the MSDS for the Glitzy Lips adhesive to

[email protected]

Just to let you know, I have the MSDS for the Glitzy Lips adhesive if anyone at all wants it sending .. usual rules apply .. send me your S2 customer number with the request for the MSDS for the Glitzy Lips adhesive to

[email protected]

I'm sorry if I'm being thick here but what does MSDS mean?
Rhiannon x

I'm sorry if I'm being thick here but what does MSDS mean?
Rhiannon x

Material Safety Data Sheet - if you have done training in the professional industry you should have been taught about this and physically have them on all products you are currently using...;)

Material Safety Data Sheet - if you have done training in the professional industry you should have been taught about this and physically have them on all products you are currently using...;)

Nope never been taught that!
Rhiannon x

It is a legal obligation, Rhiannon, of every nail technician who uses potentially hazardous product, to have in their posession, the MSDS ON EVERY ONE OF THOSE PRODUCTS. MSDS on all CND products are available to down load from the cnd.com wesite.

As far as Glitzy Lips is concerned, there is an MSDS on the adhesive that you should also have.

As responsible suppliers we make these available for you.

MSDS contain all the information a Dr. or Hospital would need to know if you accidently splashed liquid in your eye or if a child got into your products and ingested something etc. It is for the reason of safety (and that by law you MUST) that responsible technicians keep these things to hand in case of an emergency.

MSDS also contain correct stroage information, flammability information, ingredients listings etc. HTH

At CND we teach this information on all Foundation classes. Very important.

Is that like a COSHH folder Gigi? X

It is a legal obligation, Rhiannon, of every nail technician who uses potentially hazardous product, to have in their posession, the MSDS ON EVERY ONE OF THOSE PRODUCTS. MSDS on all CND products are available to down load from the cnd.com wesite.

As far as Glitzy Lips is concerned, there is an MSDS on the adhesive that you should also have.

As responsible suppliers we make these available for you.

MSDS contain all the information a Dr. or Hospital would need to know if you accidently splashed liquid in your eye or if a child got into your products and ingested something etc. It is for the reason of safety (and that by law you MUST) that responsible technicians keep these things to hand in case of an emergency.

MSDS also contain correct stroage information, flammability information, ingredients listings etc. HTH

At CND we teach this information on all Foundation classes. Very important.

Thank you Gigi!
No idea why I haven't been taught this on a single course I've done but now I know I'll be putting a folder together.
Rhiannon x

Have just seen CND now do it.

Have just seen CND now do it.

CND have been supplying MSDS for 35 years .. they don't now do it .. they have always done it. We didin't used to be able to down load them we used to have to photocopy thousands of them to give to clients. :lol: I myself have photocopied millions of them I think ... I used to spend hours in front of that darned photocopier doing them for customers!!! Glad those days are over.

I too was never taught this in my training. So do we download and keep in a folder or do we need to give out to clients? See, yet another thing learnt from SG today :)

Latest posts

Back