Gloss for finished acrylic nails, anyone got any suggestions??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I'm looking :eek: for a UV gloss that you can put on over acrylic.:idea: I have Quattro by star nails but it gets a lot of air bubbles in it. Please can you give me any ideas.

Also I am not CND trained til April, roll on April.... so I can't get their products yet.:Scared:

ibd intense seal?

im sure lots of companies do a uv finish gloss.

The brisa uv finish gloss is ace.....

I think ezflow / nsi do one too.

amb xx

if you're training with cnd in april (which isn't far off) then why not wait and get the Brisa finishing gloss, it requires curing in the Brisa lamp and gives fab results... until then a bit of solar oil and elbow grease or the new cnd Glossing Buffer will bring your L+P up like glass :D
hth's xx

interactive do a uv gloss,

i had reccommended to me from a cnd tech,

haven't used it get on any one but myself,

I use Intense Sea by IBD, no fuss, no mess wiping uncured layer away etc. Has the tendancy to 'spike' a little, but ok if use spareingly.

NSI do 'Perma Gloss' which is good, but it's a right clat! you have to cleanse, then prep, apply gloss, then cure & the cleanse!!! Too much time wasted IMHO.

Or you can do as Sandi say's & use oil & elbow grease!

I tend to use both options, it depends on your clients i suppose. The seals are great if they like using nail polish as they can change their polish as often as their knickers & it won't make their nails go dull!:lol:

BUFF and elbow grease

I recently changed from IBD ultra seal to IBD intense seal, but I will soon be changing back to ultra seal!!! I dont like the intense seal as it spikes no matter how thin I try to apply it, its letting my work down - never had probs with the ultra seal, just thought I would give the intense a try as everyone was raving about it so much! just goes to show 'if it isn't broke, dont fix it' :irked:

Young Nails do a fantastic top gloss for over acrylics/gels.

thanks all. By the end of 2 hours I'd rather apply a gloss than elbow grease, it lasts longer!! xx

NSI glaze 'n' go is good. it comes in a bottle, you just apply it like polish and cure for 90 seconds. Quick and easy.

I've got some NSI Glaze n Go too - easy peasy, no spike (that I have experienced) no residue to wipe off and stays super shiney for ages.

WHAT DOES SPIKE MEAN????
:biggrin:

I'll apologise now if this doesn't come out very well!! "Heat Spike" is sometimes felt when curing gel under the UV lamp. The reaction while the gel is curing can generate heat that you can sometimes feel on your nail bed.

HTH

nailzoo said:
BUFF and elbow grease
on that note ezflow have a liquid miracle shine which you put on to a leather buffer and go for it... my god it really shines up and lasts for two weeks... i do this too!

nailtech17 said:
WHAT DOES SPIKE MEAN????
:biggrin:
heat spike is the exothermic reaction felt when curing gel, it normally happens if the gel has been applied too thickly or the client has thinned/sensitive nail plates.

sam chaney said:
Young Nails do a fantastic top gloss for over acrylics/gels.

I use this and think its absolutely brilliant! Its called "Finish" and it comes in a bottle which you paint on like nail varnish then put under your lamp, it has no sticky residue so you dont have to wipe, just apply cuticle oil and its finished.

thats not the sort of spike i meant! I am talking about an actual spike like a bit of glass sticking up off the nail, if you do a search for intense seal you will see that I am not the only one that has had this problem, there was a whole thread related to it!

Latest posts

Back