Glue Bottles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiche

Reaction score
Has anybody got any advice on how to stop glue bottle lids sticking?

I seem to be getting through loads of glue as I can't open the bottles!

Thanks x

Run some Vasaline around the thread on the neck of the bottle and this will prevent the lids from glueing shut! Hope that helps x

Good idea leemac! Better than my plyers keeped in my nail drawer! :)
I will use that tip. xx

I do the same but using cuticle oil - seems to work for me! x

Hi
Yes cuticle oil/vasaline same idea really just stops the glue from getting into the thread of the neck of the bottle and keeps the lids from stuck together with glue. I do this with my EE adhesive all the time and it works for me. xx

Thank you!

Funny enough my husband recommended vasaline - but I thought 'what does he know!!!'

Best I go and find some!

Great idea

now if I can just get the lid off I will try this out!!

I prefer brush on adhesive for this reason.

excellent thread, will save my poor teeth.

i have to admit i use my teeth when the client isn't looking :smack:

excellent thread, will save my poor teeth.

i have to admit i use my teeth when the client isn't looking :smack:
I use to use a door frame in my last salon before i bought my tool to get the lid off :lol: I door no one ever see of course!

I prefer brush on adhesive for this reason.

I do agree,, come on ladies keep it pro,, adhesive not Glue,,, glue should not be used by us , do we not agree??? Xx

What a great idea..Never thought to try vaseline or oil....:)

OMG So simple and a great idea! Thats what i will being doing from now on ..

Fab idea!
I'm only now starting out, i haven't had the problem of lids getting stuck yet but i have gone to use my glue and the whole bottle has been rock solid, i have sometimes gone a couple of weeks between 1 treatment and the next so just wanted to check that its normal for the glue to solidify?

I just buy bullet size tubes and leave the lid off. I keep it upright by slipping it into the springs on my lamp. Voila!

Latest posts

Back