Glycolic night peels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Ok I'm really getting into this whole cosmeceuticals thing and have started stocking a 15% glycolic night peel! It's a 21 day course and I'm trying it on myself and I'm loving it!

Is anyone else using/retailing these kinds of products at the minute?

Hey
I have used peels a lot at home over the years. I used to use glycolic and lactic and tca peels on myself. Had a few years stopped using them but still stuck to more results driven products. I am now back to using bha and aha products again and my skin is improving. I use a 20% salicylic peel once a week and I alternate btwn 2% salicylic and a 5% or 10% glycolic on a daily basis! These really help to keep my pores clean and my skin smooth! I am 30 but no one ever believes this is my age and usually put me at 23ish! I put this down partly to having oily skin and also to using these products! I also use a vitamin c serum which I believe helps re hydrate the skin after peels. I'm thinking about ordering a strong glycolic and lactic peel to alternate with the salicylic. I have to say that the 20% salicylic one I use is pretty uncomfortable but the results are worth it. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation which I am trying to get rid off and the aha and bha do seem to help. It is however a slow process and not an overnight thing. Saying that after the first peel you should still notice a difference in the skin.
Where have you sourced your products from?
Sarah x

Hey
I have used peels a lot at home over the years. I used to use glycolic and lactic and tca peels on myself. Had a few years stopped using them but still stuck to more results driven products. I am now back to using bha and aha products again and my skin is improving. I use a 20% salicylic peel once a week and I alternate btwn 2% salicylic and a 5% or 10% glycolic on a daily basis! These really help to keep my pores clean and my skin smooth! I am 30 but no one ever believes this is my age and usually put me at 23ish! I put this down partly to having oily skin and also to using these products! I also use a vitamin c serum which I believe helps re hydrate the skin after peels. I'm thinking about ordering a strong glycolic and lactic peel to alternate with the salicylic. I have to say that the 20% salicylic one I use is pretty uncomfortable but the results are worth it. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation which I am trying to get rid off and the aha and bha do seem to help. It is however a slow process and not an overnight thing. Saying that after the first peel you should still notice a difference in the skin.
Where have you sourced your products from?
Sarah x

I'm currently using Teosyal radiant night peel and I really like it!

How long do you leave the 20% salicylic one on for?

I only leave it on for 3-4 mins at the moment cos it is very strong and its very uncomfortable while it's on. The instructions say you can start off leaving it on for 1-2 mins and build up to a maximum of 7 mins. The other stuff I use overnight cos the % is very low.
It's fab using these sorts of products but I do find I can never go back to standard products cos you just don't get the results and I find them a massive disappointment.
Sarah x

I only leave it on for 3-4 mins at the moment cos it is very strong and its very uncomfortable while it's on. The instructions say you can start off leaving it on for 1-2 mins and build up to a maximum of 7 mins. The other stuff I use overnight cos the % is very low.
It's fab using these sorts of products but I do find I can never go back to standard products cos you just don't get the results and I find them a massive disappointment.
Sarah x

Definitely!

Do you need something to neutralise the salicylic?

I would be interested to know what products specifically you are using if u could inbox me!! Thanks!

Blimey!
The strongest peel we stock is 15% BHA and it stings like the devil!
Using it once a week seems very frequent to me; does it not over thin the epidermis?
As for the pigmentation patches you might want to consider using something containing any of the following, which wouldn't be as harsh as a 20% BHA peel.

Lactic Acid
Malic acid
Arbutin
Vitamin C

We have a whole range dedicated to treating pigmentation and our salons are telling us that they're getting great results with their clients, some of whom have suffered with it for years.

As far as neutralising the BHA, how do you do it? With our BHA peels you just paint it on and leave it. Adding water would just re-activate it so we tell our clients to leave it on overnight and wash off with cool water the next day. It may, of course, be different for different brands.

Nimue have had an Active gel and Active lotion used as part of the daily regime at 10%, which has been at the core of their skincare system for years. It really depends on the pH of the product/peel used. One peel can be really strong compared to another depending on the pH, buffering and other additives that it is combined with. True comparisons can only be made when all these factors are known and what the peel is trying to accomplish. Demaquest do a 15% glycolic face wash and that is meant to be on 3mins max and it can sting - Nimue also do a 15% combined buffered peel which is really comfortable and left for 20mins if required.

I just rinse with water as that is what the instructions say. It may seem like a very high strength peel and they do recommend starting with a lower strength but my skin is quite used to using these sorts of products so I just jumped straight in. For someone not used to these products it would probably be far too strong. I also prepped my skin by using the low strength daily bha/ aha products.
Also with regards to it thinning the skin the company I bought from recommends taking breaks after 6 week usage and also taking a break after a year so I shall take regular breaks as I think it's better to alternate between things anyway.
I am going to get a lactic peel for hyperpigmentation.
The peel I use only has 4 ingredients in it one being water and one being the salicylic acid so there is very little else in it to avoid irritation.
I do use vitamin c serum already which I find very good. However I use a homemade one which I get better results with than any one I have ever bought! :)
Sarah x

Oooo I love this.

Sarah did can you tell us about the course? X

Latest posts

Back