gmex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys
thanx for the congratulations!
it was a great day, apart from getting lost in manchester (AGAIN)!
my model abby & i say the same every year, that we will get the train nxt yr!
met up with ruth & faye sat evening at the brittania sachas hotel... ruth described it perfectly... all fur coat, no knickers!
in other words the reception & resturant was very impressive & grand, with a young funky atmosphere.
however the room was by far the WORST i've EVER experienced anywhere.
there was a really bad mouldy damp smell when u entered the room (come to think of it u could smell it BEFORE u got into the room!
when we decided to use the trouser press, we discovered the cause of the smell...
a huge wet, damp patch complete with it's own fungi growing uuurrrggg!!
the breakfast was an hour late coming & the milk was off uuuuurgg!!
but... the show was great, & winning the comp was a great relief, as i've had 4 2nd places on the trot now!
also, i had to do tip & overlay because we couldn't b there 2day to do my comfort zone that is sculpting!
having to speak on microphone was a bit difficult as i was a bit emotional (just for a change like!)
there were over 30 people in that catagory, which is one of the biggest ive ever been in, it is looking good for the compitition circuit.
also on a positive note, my friend & former student/client lisa humphries won the gel cat.
deni, who i persuaded to compete while she was taking her master classes came 2nd in the novices cat. (i bet u aren't so scared about qualification day on wed now eh!!?)
&the fabric nails that the geeky girls did were the business, congrats to caroline for picking up 2nd place, & to ruth & dawnie who must've been close behind, their nails always amaze me.
roll on the nailympics & excell!
lets see even more of you guys there as well!
liza xx

What Liza did forget to mention .............. she had the highest ever achieved score in PB Competition history.................
Now thats worth a trophy on its own...............
It's been a long year for Liza as i have seen her place in top 2 but always just missing out, by literaly 1 point at one competition.............
So this is the best result anyone coulds have achieved.............
As they say "if ya gonna score then you might as well score flippin high !!!!!!!!!!! and boy did you do that"

the First place fibreglass win went to Elise......still can remeber her first name..... her nails where so fab....

Well done Caroline.............must have been snapping at Elises heels, points must have been very close.......

Next year we will stay in a proper hotel, one where the running water is in the tap and not down the walls.............
I think we would have got more sleep if we had slept at Piccadilly station......
Faye and I got about 2 hrs sleep.........
So we will think off a plan for that one for next year.......
As I found out if you dont sleep you can't see that well the next day and it does help if you are competiting lol.....................

But all in all still not something i would have missed for the world.......
But this weekends highlight, the train ride home..............
We had a brill time and lots of giggles............ Oh did I mention Marian Newman sat with us lol...?????...........
Thanks Marian for making a long boring trip back to London so much fun xxxxx

Samantha thanks delivering my Masters badge to me just in time for Comping....my uniform just doesn't look the same without it........
Thanks babe I love ya xxxx

Hey Ruth - jurys inn for you next time girl its reasonable and very very clean and new...and a stones throw to Gmex...I am sad I didnt get to meet you again.....:-(

Just got back from G-mex really enjoyed it, Got to meet Sam and had a chat.
Just wish I could have made yesterday to meet all the other geeks (will in feb)

Congratulations to you all, especially Liza and Deni, you will have to tell me all about it on Wednesday.
I have to agree with Debs on the fact Deni always says "they are crap aren't they?", she will never be able to say that again after a great 2nd place.

Congratulations again!!!!!
Helen
x

Hiya

Congratulations!!!!! to all who took part! :hug:

I had a great day at g-mex met the very lovely Samantha, the equally lovely but slighly nutty Samuel :wink2: i will see if i can find you some nice hair styles, Ruth, Dawnie and joanna! Oh and the very cute ant buckley!

Great to meet you, i had hoped to meet more geeks but well there is always next year.

And a special thank you to Sam for my Moxie gift, i thought that was really nice of you and i have been playing with it today! :wink2:

we will have to start a new thread after yesterdays conversation at the cnd demo about hair styles for gmg.....
p.s we were't slaiting his hair style (looks good as it is) but gmg cant decide what to do with it

Well done everyone!!!
:):):):):):):):)

Jess
xox

hi guys thanks for all your congrats

was a fab day but still very tired now

well done nic on your win huni ( told ya you could do it ;) )

Big well done to liza your nails were fab huni and what a score

pics are now in my photo album for you to have a look at

Congratulations to everyone who entered the comps :D I think competitors are great and winners and those placed....awesome :D :D

I loved 'interviewing' the winners (sorry to put you through it) and hearing their comments really make it interesting for everyone. I had to play it down a bit and keep it very brief but.....next time..... :biggrin:

Obviously, I was delighted Lisa won her category ( :hug: ).She's had a great year! (All 4 cities next year?) Denise had a bit of a trauma but what won't be know is that her nails scored very highly on the first 'run through' (where judges look at the 'wow' factor) You'd better be back next time Denise.

The train ride back was ghastly! But Ruth and Faye made it very very short (Ruth chatting up all the males from 16 to 70, by accident though!! Then falling backwards off her seat trying to take a pic of me and Faye :rolleyes: ) And Faye....well, she's as sharp as a brand new cuticle knife :D .

See you all at the next show
Marian

PS Thanks for the 'nail goddess' Louise :o. Very flattering but I think Nail Crone more fitting ;)

I have just uploaded my 3rd place nails in my album...........
Cant wait to see Lizas in the geeky album..........
Thanks for all the nice posts, made my weekend xxx

Fabulous Ruth
clap.gif

Jo xx

hiya marian
it would b cool to do all 4 cities next yr, but hopfully i will know about it a bit more in advance!!
you were very gentle with your interveiwing technique, but in the heat of the moment, i forgot to say that i used MOXIE!
samuel told me that mine was the 1st win in the u.k with it!
roll on feb. & lets see more geeks competing!
liza x

Latest posts

Back