Going back to the freedom of being a traveller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzBall

Reaction score
Today my husband and my kids are packing up and moving back to our roots.

Going back to a shaly, get away from all the horrible things that I never want my kids to see.

I never told any geeks or clients I was a traveller but now I feel no shame.

So any questions fire away ladies!

How are you going to earn money being on move?

Were settling on a local site (legal may i add!!) and hubby is a jack of all trades with his brothers.

:)

oooh how exciting!

Ive just finished reading a book on my kindle about a women and her hubby and 3 kids that got in financial problems after their main source of income went bust (a car company).
They had to sell their house before it went bust and they decided to buy a narrow boat,home school the kids untill they found somewhere they wanted to moor in and just take time out from the rat run.

I couldnt think of anything better to be honest with you.
I would love to pack us all up into a motor home and travel around just enjoying the freedom and time with everyone.
Life is such a hectic mess these days and everyone just generally feels ****e at the fact that its accepted.

Well done guys and hope it goes well1

Why the hell shouldnt you do it,and anyway why feel like you cant say your a traveller??
x

Going back to a shaly, get away from all the horrible things that I never want my kids to see.

I never told any geeks or clients I was a traveler but now I feel no shame.

Wy shame?love to do that freedom you can take your home everywer love it.

Good for you ,i had a fue traveler friends as a teenager,there is a percentage for the traveler community that give it a very bad name but I always take people at face value we had a traveler family live across the street for a year or so , the thing I would like is to be able to stay at home and not work if you don't want to look after your home and kids that the way it should be ,good luck with your move and if you are up in Aberdeen any time look me up for a cup of tea or a hair do or something :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

It's sad when we feel shame over something that we should be proud of, chin up my lovely we're all equal on this site.

Except for those who think they are better than us of course :rolleyes:

Be happy and make sure your children are happy.

And stay with us on this site!!

Peace and Respect

xxxxxx

i was always really jealous of the circus people that came to town because they had MASSIVE lorry motor homes, imagin living in one of those! luxury!

We have a caravan in wales, i'd happily live there! its nice being able to stroll out of your caravan in the morning and shout hello to like 20 people without leaving your pitch.

Are you going to live in a caravan or more like a park home? the one thing that puts me off the idea is slippery steps, park homes and caravans always have slippery steps when it rains x

I have many traveller clients as there is a site just down the street from my salon. They are all lovely people, not like what people would have you believe travellers are like. Although I haven't seen them for months cos they are away working!

Best of luck with the move x

OH and I always say if we didnt have so much stuff and the dog we would totally buy a campervan as it would be so much easier because we move house every year or 2 (to different cities and countries... not up the road lol). I often joke that I must have gypsy blood somewhere in me because ive been on the move for the last 10 yrs :lol:

Good luck :D

OH and I always say if we didnt have so much stuff and the dog we would totally buy a campervan as it would be so much easier because we move house every year or 2 (to different cities and countries... not up the road lol). I often joke that I must have gypsy blood somewhere in me because ive been on the move for the last 10 yrs :lol:

Good luck :D

Funny you should say this ive given my hubby two choices; we either buy a retirement property in sandwich at an over 55's place or we sell up, buy a motorhome or caravan and travel round this country and france come retirement. We'll bloody do it as well knowing us pair!

Good luck lovey enjoy be happy, we only get one life time so live it and love it. X x x

Be proud of who you are and what you do...
Will you still offer treatments when you move? I know some travellers work and some are not permitted to..
Good luck and I hope you and your family will be happy wherever you go.
Take care xx

You shouldn't feel shame about where you come from some non travellers could really learn at thing or two from travellers

The site that were goinv to is just travellers and romani.

Im allowed to work but I really don't know if I'm going to want to. I also think clients would be far less willing to come onto the site and walk all through it to get to me.

Our shalys like a mini bungalow and completly static.

Im staying on the salongeek dont you worry, I need some kind of portal to express myself.

I think its fantastic. You have an amazing culture so why shouldn't you be proud of it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Don't feel ashamed! Am envious of your culture!

Would love to experience it!

Good luck with your future!

xxx

I tell you what travellers think that all country people are going to look down on them and judge them and from all your replies I see that its not true.

Thank you all :)

I tell you what travellers think that all country people are going to look down on them and judge them and from all your replies I see that its not true.

Thank you all :)

Nope- that's just the Daily Mail and ignorant people.

Nope- that's just the Daily Mail and ignorant people.

There seems to be a fair few round here!!

All I get asked normally is 'oh did you have a massive wedding dress!?'

There seems to be a fair few round here!!

All I get asked normally is 'oh did you have a massive wedding dress!?'

We arnt all like that. I have a large amount of clients who are travellers and they are all lovely. I got some people telling me to stay away as they would be trouble but I'm so glad I didn't listen to them.

I think the way travellers are treated is discounting. If you treated coloured people like that you would be in court for rasisum

Latest posts

Back