Going to London tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
I'm going to London in the morning with my OH. We are staying for 2 nights & coming back late Wednesday night.

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so is there any recommendations of things to do ( already done most of the tourist things.

I'm thinking Camden market one day, but dont know what else.....so please help.

Thanks geeks

Covent Garden

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

No matter what else I do, I always go and see a show when I am in London.

Then, I usually head out to the East End, go to Brick Lane, Spittafields, enjoy the atmosphere and have some great food.

I am not keen on the usual Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Leicester Square sort of things - too many tourists, although sometimes I take a run over to Notting Hill as they have some nice shops and also Portabello Market but it is horrendously busy market day but that's Saturday so not an issue here!!!!!!

Last time I was there the weather was gorgeous an we went on a boat trip down the Thames. Sat upstairs. It was really nice.

We are going to see billy elliott tomorrow night, but dont know which show on Tuesday night..any suggestions?

the boat trip down the thames sounds good.:)

Then, I usually head out to the East End, go to Brick Lane, Spittafields, enjoy the atmosphere and have some great food.

Agreed - Have just spent day in East End, really fab part of London, get off train at Shoreditch High Street and you are in the coolest part of London, full of great food and shops - vintage, record, art galleries, lots of ecentrics and all ages groups - Spitalfields is like Covent Garden when it first opened.

Hope you have fun x.

Recently I did a free day in London. Only paid for buses and lunch. I went to the science museum, natural history museum, then took a bus to Piccadilly and walked to the Royal horse guards, then walked past Downing street, then walked to Big Ben, then decided to see if they would let me inside and the police officer said yes and it's free. We sat in on a debate in the House of commons

I would suggest Richmond - lovely area in south London. Lots of lovely shops, coffee shops and lovely pubs by the river. Also Richmond park is amazing, most of the time you will be lucky enough to spot deers.

We've seen We will rock you twice, but last month I wanted to see Rock of ages because JLC is in it. It was good for a laugh, especially if you are in the front row like we were ;)

How about The Comedy Store aswell? We had a brilliant night there and saw Paul Merton and Josie Lawrence etc.

It was freezing when we went, but we still attempted a walk along the south bank and then over the bridge to Aldwych? up through to Covent Garden, which is a different way than we normally go. It would have been really nice to do it in the sunshine.

If you are in need of places to eat, then Jamies Italian, just off Long acre was nice and really reasonable for London.

Hope you are having a great trip.

Other "classic" musical shows I have seen that are still running and maybe to consider are Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Mama Mia and We Will Rock You.

The last show I went to see was Love Never Dies but I am not sure if it still on as the ending was ropey and I heard they were reworking it. I had read the book years ago so knew what happened but it didn't translate well on stage really but still worth a visit if you have seen Phantom already.

Or perhaps a play like the Mouse Trap.

For me next time I am in London, it would probably be Shrek or Woman in Black.

My favourite is Phantom of the Opera but I have seen it twice so I keep hoping I can sneak up to New York for the weekend and see something on Broadway but alas work has me shackled and chained at the minute:sad:

Thriller is on the list for next time, as I have finally convinced the Husband to go.

What I liked about our trip this time is the fact we walked about exploring everywhere. Walking back to the hotel at night too, I didn't once feel unsafe.

Hope you're having a great time Cath, looking forward to hearing what you did. :)

Latest posts

Back