Good/Bad Customer Service from Suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
How many of you actually complain if you receive bad customer service from your suppliers or compliment if it was good ?

I have encountered some pretty appalling customer service from some of the companies I have dealt with over the last year & even wrote a letter to one company with NO response !!

Often I don't say anything as I think that the person Im speaking to wouldn't care as it didn't involve there department etc or be bothered to pass on the feedback, is that right ?

So if I was annoyed my order had taken 3 weeks to arrive from placing the order would someone actually look into it or would they just fob me off ? (Just an example)

I have emailed some of my suppliers before asking a query & never heard back !

On the whole I have found customer service from most companies very helpful but I do agree that one wonders whether or not a complaint actually gets passed on to the relevent department. Often you have to lodge your complaint with customer service and when you ask what they are going to do about it they just say, "Oh it has been logged on the computer":irked:
:rolleyes:

I've had a moan to my main supplier on a few occasions now, once about little black specks imbeded in my tips, once about a wrong order and another time because my box of 500 tips only had 489 (I was bored so I counted them:eek: ) and on every occasion I have had a speedy reponse, my tips are always 500, no more wrong orders and no more black specks.

Also I've recieved glitters, cuticle oils etc by way of an apology, so overall customer service, fab!!

HTH Teri x:hug:

I always complain if justified however I equally compliment good service.

Even in shops I have stood for ages for a manager to come and see me to compliment staff who have just done that little bit extra for me or someone else. I normally have to pick the managers off the floor cos they expect a complaint:)

I've always addressed product issues immediately. Either rung or dropped in and just said (as nice as pie) "Oh, this ______ is ______. Could you please replace it? If I have the same trouble with this new one, is a refund possible?" Most people respond well if they don't feel blamed. However, if I did come across a place that was rude or refused to do the right thing, I would complain and take my business elsewhere.

There is a place I refuse to buy from because I cannot stand how rude, uppity, and unhelpful the sales-staff are. You can either be nice to me and get my business, or be rude and lose it.
The owner of the salon continues to buy from them (hairdressing stuff), even though they have not ordered in the products she has requested, been late with supplies, the list goes on...
She gets a monthly account with them, and that is her whole reason for continuing to deal with them.

Places that treat me well, get my continued business. I may not spend a lot, but I will always go to them first. The place I deal with now appreciates that I am loyal, and have given me a discount card, even though I don't qualify for their regular "salon discount" program as my monthly spend doesn't meet their usual limits. They are awesome!

I have just black banned one supplier due to their poor service.
They sold me something based on incorrect information & when I complained I got fobbed off. They originally told me a gel was a soak off, when I complained that it wasn't she told me she would never say that:mad:

On the other hand one of the reasons I chose my skin care range was the excellent customer service. I had it narrowed down to 2 brands, one had great service, the other not so much. So I went for the good service, and let them know that.:)

TBH I've never had cause for complaint really. (Ellisons, Graftons, NSI). The customer service seems really good.

recently placed a large order with s.d, the customer service on the phone was top notch and the delivery was quick but i was quite shocked to find that everything was floating loose in a big box, i had three rolls of couch roll, then foundations, various other make-up,emery boards and a ton of other little bits just in a pile, no padding at all, i had to empty the box just to find the lids to put on. If the timing had been any different i would have complained but have so much on at the moment, i couldn't be bothered. won't be using them again though, there was a small silver lining though, they put in an extra compact powder, perfect shade for me! so i think that makes us even x

How many of you actually complain if you receive bad customer service from your suppliers or compliment if it was good ?

I have encountered some pretty appalling customer service from some of the companies I have dealt with over the last year & even wrote a letter to one company with NO response !!

Often I don't say anything as I think that the person Im speaking to wouldn't care as it didn't involve there department etc or be bothered to pass on the feedback, is that right ?

So if I was annoyed my order had taken 3 weeks to arrive from placing the order would someone actually look into it or would they just fob me off ? (Just an example)

I have emailed some of my suppliers before asking a query & never heard back !

In November last year I ordered the Riva Bella 3 tier trolley case in pink from a certain wholesalers because it was on special offer plus I had a 10% discount voucher, and I paid for it on a VAT free day - 1 November, so it was a bargain, anyway delivery would be 2 weeks, I think I got it the week before Christmas, anyway I complained because it was always me that chased them up and purely by off chance I rang wholesalers about something else and they told me my case had arrived, because of the delay I also got another £10 plus Vat off, think my case came to about £43 which I was well impressed about because they are £70.

Anyway dont have problems with other stock as tend to bulk buy at the show to last me till next show or go to OSNS if I need something urgently.

Thanks for all your comments :)

Over the past couple of weeks Ive had an issue with a supplier about training & have even wrote a letter to complain (no response) so yesterday decided id had enough & called the rep to have a moan & she sorted it out instantly so that has restored my faith in them !!

Thanks for all your comments :)

Over the past couple of weeks Ive had an issue with a supplier about training & have even wrote a letter to complain (no response) so yesterday decided id had enough & called the rep to have a moan & she sorted it out instantly so that has restored my faith in them !!

so happy you got this sortedxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back