Good workout DVD's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesslilyxx

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Can anyone tell me any good workout dvd's they know of?! I want to get one but not sure one which one to get as there are so many!!!

Thanks

I used an Elle Macpherson one a few years ago which was good but then I lost it!

And Geribody Yoga was great for gentle exercise.

What are you trying to achieve? Lose weight or tone up?

CadenceAlex said:
I used an Elle Macpherson one a few years ago which was good but then I lost it!

And Geribody Yoga was great for gentle exercise.

What are you trying to achieve? Lose weight or tone up?

I want to lose weight babe xx

princesslilyxx said:
I want to lose weight babe xx

Those step machine things are really good and doing it with loud music on is great, or even whilst you watch TV.

I find the vids/DVDs boring after you've watched them a few times!!

Yea I have seen those step machines in Argos! I was also thinking of those trampolines, those little ones. Does anyone know if they are any good?!

Davina mcall and the charlie brooks ones have got good reviews. If you go onto the www.amazon.co.uk and look in fitness videos/dvds there are reviews from people who have tried them.

Those balls are absolutely fantastic for doing sit-ups - not sure what they're called but am sure Argos will sell them - I know NEXT do! Makes it feel easier.. but you get the same result.

I bought the Jordan workout a month or so ago ... I used it a few days then gave up :o it was too much!! I looked at the ministry of sound one too but I never have the "get up & go" when Ive worked all day!!

I'm joining pilates next week instead!!

hi ya i have just brought a fantastic one called kinetic,
you do need a playstation 2 though.
if you already have one it works by a web cam and by playing games and copying the activities on the screen you earn extra points you even get your own personal trainer, (he is gourgous)

it does a 12 traing programe but i have noticed the difference already.

it really is good, or go for a dance routine dvd!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000AHB1BU/ref=dp_nav_0/026-2685982-5652452?ie=UTF8&n=300703&s=videogames

Hi Clair,

I've got Kinetic too, but only managed about 3 weeks of it :biggrin:

I was planning to start again this week and try and do the whole 12 weeks this time

How long was it before you noticed a difference, and did you start on easy, intermediate or hard?

Blondie21 said:
hi ya i have just brought a fantastic one called kinetic,
you do need a playstation 2 though.
if you already have one it works by a web cam and by playing games and copying the activities on the screen you earn extra points you even get your own personal trainer, (he is gourgous)

it does a 12 traing programe but i have noticed the difference already.

it really is good, or go for a dance routine dvd!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000AHB1BU/ref=dp_nav_0/026-2685982-5652452?ie=UTF8&n=300703&s=videogames

That sounds good! May give that a go and go into Game and get it!! I'll have to get the eye toy as well!!! Not bad!!

princesslilyxx said:
Hi geeks!

Can anyone tell me any good workout dvd's they know of?! I want to get one but not sure one which one to get as there are so many!!!

Thanks
Gym Balls are great for toning,you can get the ball from Argos and DVD.However this is designed for toning not to lose weight.A trampolene is great and a skipping rope .Play some of your dance CD's and away you go.Some of these dance routine CD's are hard to follow and you can quickly lose your motivation.I have all of what I have mentioned and have really noticed a difference.Cant do a thing at the moment though as have hurt my back so got to be careful.Oh if you do get the trampolene make sure you wear good trainers or you can hurt your ankles.Good luck and enjoy.HTH

I've had a few workout DVD's, Davina's, Ministry of Sound - which was way to energetic for me and I don't have much co-ordination with that sort of thing so that one went on eBay very quickly! :lol: I also have Jordan's - that one is good and fairly easy to do and Charlie Brooks - well again I struggled with the co-ordination! I've also got a Reebok stepper thing from Argos which is really good and an ab trimmer! :green:

I can't believe I'm admitting to this but the only ones that have ever worked for me (and I have most of them from Davina to Lorraine Kelly!) are Beverley Callards! I like Rapid Results, Real Results & Ultimate Results ... I also have her latest one but it doesn't seem quite as good, too much fiddling about with broom handles and things lol!!

I started a bit of a fitness regime again a couple of weeks ago doing one of above videos every other day and already feel better and have lost a couple of pounds.

Hope that helps! xxx

Whatever happened to good old Mr Motivator???

I got the jordan one, used it 4 a while but then my motivation went out the window!!! ops!!! I couldn't walk 4 a while after all the squats in it though!!!

I managed to go on a run 2day, I'm about nackered now though, I need another hour in bed now!!! he he!!! i'm guna try and keep at it though, coz I've really got 2 get fit and toned!!!

I think my biggest prob is eating right, I'm 2 much of a chinese-aholic and just eat anything and everything even when i'm not hungry, I'm guna try really hard this week and try and be good!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Charlie Brooks is worth a go! It has diet information and 4 exercise workouts, warm-up, disco, combat, hi-intensity and pilates cool-down.

It is hard at first, but with practce it's much easier!

Ive got the davina Macall one, but ive only ever done it twice, its so much faffing with various bits of equipment. I love the rosemary conley ones, ive got two, they have 3 different levels so you work out at the level best for you.

Latest posts

Back