Google Adverts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meekz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a pain and keep going on about google ads but was wonder if anyone could help me......... I'm currently paying £72 a month to be on the front page of google, when I seach this I cant find myself. I've contacted the web team who placed my ad they say its because I seach it to offten from my own IP address.....I dont know what this means and feel I'm being ripped off!!!! I've noticed I can never find it once I've paid my monthly fee but just before payment is due I seem to have a surge of calls:mad: am I paranoid is this the norm or am I just being ungrateful ???

Thanx:eek:

Hi, I don't really know much about this, but it sounds to me like your being ripped off. I would cancel with them and do it yourself via ad words if you want to pay to advertise. Your better off doing it direct with google.
I don't pay anyone to do mine and end up at the top a lot of the time. You just need to word your website well (search salon geek for website help and meta tags).
Hope this helps and hope other geeks can help you more than I can!x

I think I am too... Its my husband who did it for me and he thinks thats the way it works but i have this feeling somethings not right.. Not sure what you mean with regards to (search salon geek for website help and meta tags). could you explain to thicky please ?

I'll try (I'm not really a website geek!)
Meta tags are words that Google pick up on. For example my meta tags are 'hairdresser, hair, west midlands, highlights, haircut etc' Then you try and use these words as much as possible on your website, this will up your ranking on google.
Also you can advertise direct with google, this is called adwords. As far as I'm aware you pay per click (so every time someone clicks through to your website you get charged) you can cap this per month (so if you only want to pay £30 a month).
If you search 'website help' or 'google listing' on Salon Geek you find loads more tips. Sorry I can't be any more help!x

You have helped thanx will look into it x

I'd also recommend having a word with Phil (Salon Guru - Salon Websites and Internet Marketing - Hair and Beauty Salons) - he's done some excellent work for some of my web clients and his monthly charges are on a par with what you are currently paying for Adwords - but he will do a full appraisal of your website and suggest areas for improvement, as well as also assisting with getting the best out of Facebook.

If you're not particularly technical, then Phil would be an excellent choice, as he can advise you on all the relevant techie aspects.

Just picking up from Ruth's point...... Salon Guru have a facebook page and a website that have some great tips on things you do by yourself.

It's all written really well in a humourous way with no Jargon.

I didn't realise you pay when people click ur website through google as they put my website on there themselves and I don't pay? A lady near me does well on bio sculpture she included the title in with the name of her business so ifbu google bio in my area she comes up first , I'm trying to work out how to do this myself xx

Thanx everyone looking into it :biggrin:

I didn't realise you pay when people click ur website through google as they put my website on there themselves and I don't pay? A lady near me does well on bio sculpture she included the title in with the name of her business so ifbu google bio in my area she comes up first , I'm trying to work out how to do this myself xx

You only pay Google if you are signed up to their "AdWords" scheme, where you can pay for your website to appear in the "sponsored links" at the top of the Google search results.

You don't have to pay Google for your website to appear in the standard Google search results.

Latest posts

Back