Got 3 points on my license - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as you appeal the points don't get put on your license until Judges hammer goes down.

1 more point is more insurance though - remember that. If you go to the insurance company and say I have 3 points for jumping a red light (they dont care if you did or didnt) thats not as bad as saying 4 points. Thats just my viewpoint. Then if you get caught again and you got another 3 and appealed that adds up to 8 etc. You only get 12 points and then your banned. Points stay on your license for five years and have to be declared to insurance companies for this length too.

Yeah your right there! Idont know what to do as yet.....i dont even have a license in my hands yet their still making it so i got time to wait for that then decide. I need proof before i appeal and so does the poilice officer, so unless i can get proof i wont appeal.
xx

Its not naive to say that i am truly a better driver than my mum, she's been given a ban, had speeding tickets, jumped lights more times than i can remeber has terrible road rage.

I agree i have allot to learn on the road dont doubt that i still cant park straight :lol:

I think this is all getting a bit silly now. You have asked for advice; you have been given advice. Decide what you want to do and let us know how you get on.

Joy x

Ive seen a few people mention about me speeding and offending. I didnt actually do anything wrong it was an amber light its not illegal to go through an amber yes you should slow down and prepare to stop but nothing says you cant go through amber.

I mean common this police officer didnt see me go throuh a red light i asked him he said no he didnt see he counted 4 seconds! Seriously how can you even go by that? Its ridiculous.

Regarding insurance going up because new or young drivers are seen as a risk on the road im a better driver than my mum and shes been driving for 23 years! Ive never speed in my life

Violet, love, not a good attitude to have at all. My father in law once said, once you have your licence you are in charge of a machine that can kill people!

No matter what speed you are doing, it is WHAT you do that matters. You have to be aware, anticipate and react accordingly.

After reading all of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that it is no wonder that insurance companies ask for such a high premium for new drivers, attitude and driving a car never mix.

As I said in a previous post, I lost my best friend in an accident through the actions of another driver, and have a metal plate in my knee and scars on my face, but then I am lucky, it could have easily been me as we sitting together in the back.

If someone who was just doing their job has caused you this much grief, get the bus! Sorry but this is just stupid now!

Violet, love, not a good attitude to have at all. My father in law once said, once you have your licence you are in charge of a machine that can kill people!

No matter what speed you are doing, it is WHAT you do that matters. You have to be aware, anticipate and react accordingly.

After reading all of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that it is no wonder that insurance companies ask for such a high premium for new drivers, attitude and driving a car never mix.

As I said in a previous post, I lost my best friend in an accident through the actions of another driver, and have a metal plate in my knee and scars on my face, but then I am lucky, it could have easily been me as we sitting together in the back.

If someone who was just doing their job has caused you this much grief, get the bus! Sorry but this is just stupid now!

Well A young 18 yr old lad rear ended my 4 x 4 (thank god for small cars) with all my kids in the back. He claims his brakes failed - he was doing 40 round a sharp bend. He killed his car and just dinted mine but 4x4 or no 4x4 my fella was laid up for weeks. He admitted it but getting his insurance details and him to admit liabilty to them was a nightmare!

I had his mum screaming at ME telling me HIS insurance is already £3K a year and now it will be even higher! I'm sorry but if that was my son I would just be glad he was alive and it wasnt more serious. If we had had a small car it certainly would have been a hell of a lot worse!

We have all been there with extortionate insurance though and hopefully her son was so shook by the whole thing (and the fact he probably won't get insurance cheap for a very long time) he will be safe. Although expensive insurance deters people from getting any and when they do crash into people you have no comeback.Is it something like 2 in 10 people dont have insurance?

My Godfather Fell asleep at the wheel of his car and died. Luckily no one else was involved. His body was so smashed in that no one could recognise him. I also see a lot of horrendous crashes driving about as I do 30K a year. One I took a picture of to show someone I know who takes risks. The two people in the car were soup.

When you crash yourself and come out ok, or you see or hear stories like this or fifitrixs it makes you think about the risks you take driving.

It will all eventually get safer though as cars are getting more advanced. Although Violet star thats not helping you right now!

Although on a positive note - you might have to become more successful and learn how to get more clients and make lots more money so if the insurance does go up - you don't feel it. And be the annoying slow driver rather than the fast one - least then you can wind people up behind you :green::green::green:!!

can you not do the driving awareness course? im doing it soon :irked: its either that or take the 3 points and i might learn something. Its £60 fine or £60 for course so know what i would rather do, Im pretty sure you can do the course. Although you can only do the course once in 3 years. xx

I cant do the course they only get offered by speeding camers not when you get pulled up by the police :(

Well A young 18 yr old lad rear ended my 4 x 4 (thank god for small cars) with all my kids in the back. He claims his brakes failed - he was doing 40 round a sharp bend. He killed his car and just dinted mine but 4x4 or no 4x4 my fella was laid up for weeks. He admitted it but getting his insurance details and him to admit liabilty to them was a nightmare!

I had his mum screaming at ME telling me HIS insurance is already £3K a year and now it will be even higher! I'm sorry but if that was my son I would just be glad he was alive and it wasnt more serious. If we had had a small car it certainly would have been a hell of a lot worse!

We have all been there with extortionate insurance though and hopefully her son was so shook by the whole thing (and the fact he probably won't get insurance cheap for a very long time) he will be safe. Although expensive insurance deters people from getting any and when they do crash into people you have no comeback.Is it something like 2 in 10 people dont have insurance?

My Godfather Fell asleep at the wheel of his car and died. Luckily no one else was involved. His body was so smashed in that no one could recognise him. I also see a lot of horrendous crashes driving about as I do 30K a year. One I took a picture of to show someone I know who takes risks. The two people in the car were soup.

When you crash yourself and come out ok, or you see or hear stories like this or fifitrixs it makes you think about the risks you take driving.

It will all eventually get safer though as cars are getting more advanced. Although Violet star thats not helping you right now!

Although on a positive note - you might have to become more successful and learn how to get more clients and make lots more money so if the insurance does go up - you don't feel it. And be the annoying slow driver rather than the fast one - least then you can wind people up behind you :green::green::green:!!

and thank goodness for the traffic police ... and the other emergency and rescue services that were there to assist and help in all these circumstances....:green::green::green:

Would someone please close this please, it has been exhausted to death and tbh really getting my goat now! It is simple really, drive safely and correctly and you wouldn't be in this position. Don't blame the traffic police for doing their job, and then when you need the other emergency services as Angie said, as I did, to be cut out, think on! :irked:

Would someone please close this please, it has been exhausted to death and tbh really getting my goat now! It is simple really, drive safely and correctly and you wouldn't be in this position. Don't blame the traffic police for doing their job, and then when you need the other emergency services as Angie said, as I did, to be cut out, think on! :irked:

agreed - this is long overdue being closed.

Job Done...Closed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back