Gotcha Shellac Applied Too Thinly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmit2

Reaction score
Hiya

I've done Shellac on my nails today for the first time and tried the Gotcha out of the kit. It's not quite opaque with the two coats i applied and I can still see my natural smile line and free edge. Do i need to apply thicker or is this the "look" of this colour?

I want to start doing other people but need to know if i have applied it too thinly.

Thank you

Hi. I did mine with Gotcha yesterday for the first time and I could see the natural smile line too. I don't think it was too thin so would like to hear what others have to say. I put a single coat of iced coral on top and that improved it as well as giving it a nice pearlescent touch.

i would be interested to hear as i have this problem with quite a few colours, i think thin and wonder if perhaps im applying too thin x
Sorry not much help x

It's a sheer one. Not all of them are full coverage.

Is it on all of the nail or just in places? Make sure you are shaking the bottle vigorously. If it's not mixed properly it can go a bit patchy on the nail.Hth

Hi,
I love this colour, but it is the one I struggle with the most. You have to shake that that bottle, otherwise it definitely goes on patchy as previously stated. It is possible to achieve full coverage with this colour, however this may be because I apply 3 thin coats.

I use 2 coats of gotcha and then put iced coral over it, very yummy and lots of complements.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I apply three thin coats and I get full cover.

give the bottle a real good shake. i apply 3 coats of colour and get good coverage.

Latest posts

Back