Guess what my 5yr old son brought back from Paris?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmummy

Reaction score
Scarlet Fever.:irked:
Yes, you read correctly, Scarlet Fever. After going to the Lister Hospital out of hours clinic yesterday we got a diagnosis for him. The doctor hadn't seen a case since he trained 6 yrs ago.
The poor little love had a hellish sore throat and looks like a mottled beetroot. The sunburn type rash is more prominent in the folds of his skin, inner elbows, groin, back of knees etc, but his back, chest and face looks just like a bad case of Brits abroad sunburn.
We're always telling him off for licking windows, railings etc. The grebby little toad must have picked it up this way.:o:rolleyes:
Anyway 1-2 weeks off school and horrible smelling pink antibiotics, (the colour & smell is not going down well at all.) On the bright side he's fairly quiet and needs lots of cuddles.:green::hug::hug:

Well i never knew that you could catch scarlet fever this way,i always thought it was caught like a flu/chickenpox/mumps etc you know the kind.So by licking things you can catch it,see i learn something everytime i come on here.Anyway hope your little boy gets well soon bless him xxx i would put geek hugs on but i cant see any here xxxxxx

Oh no! Give him a big :hug: from me!

I hope he's feeling better soon x x x

Well i never knew that you could catch scarlet fever this way,i always thought it was caught like a flu/chickenpox/mumps etc you know the kind.So by licking things you can catch it,see i learn something everytime i come on here.Anyway hope your little boy gets well soon bless him xxx i would put geek hugs on but i cant see any here xxxxxx
Thanks for the hugs, he needs them.
We can't recall him being near anyone sneezing etc. The doctor thinks someone must have been coming down with it, sneezed or coughed , possibly into their hands and then touched the railings at Disneyland. Then my little toad has gone & licked his way down the railings:eek::rolleyes:. We'll have to get him a muzzle. :lol:

I'm really sorry your little lad is so poorly .......but I can't stop giggling about your little toad running around Paris licking railings:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do hope he's better soon

Oh the poor love. My heart goes out to him he must be feeling awful.
Belive it or not i had it when i was 7 we are not sure how i caught it eaither, i remember walking past my school on the way back from the Drs and boasting i had to have 2 weeks off my mum was going nuts and made me cross the road as i was infectious.
Bet he will never lick things again but remember his trip to paris for ever, hahaha:lol:

Cheeky little munchkin licking windows railings as if they were lollipops!

Big hugs to wish him better very soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm really sorry your little lad is so poorly .......but I can't stop giggling about your little toad running around Paris licking railings:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do hope he's better soon
Yes, if it wasn't my son who was the mucky little toad I'd be laughing too.:rolleyes: Actually I do find it a bit amusing.
Luckily that's all he caught, the first 2 days were spent in Pigalle, just around the corner from the Moulin Rouge. Basically the heart of Paris's red light district, thank goodness he did most of his licking railings whilst we were queuing at Disneyland. On a lighter note my hubby and 14yr old son had an interesting evening stroll to buy crepes, I think he's a little more enlightened as to the ways of the world now.:eek::lol:

aww bless him.sending him a big hug :hug:

Oh that's awful, I haven't heard of scarlet fever for years :hug: :hug: for your little toad.

One of the mums at school was saying that she had her son at the docs and he thought it might be mumps! Quite scarey I think that these illnesses that you don't hear of for a long time are resurfacing again.

Oh bless him, I hope he gets better soon. Make the most of the hugs, before you know it he will be up and about again and won't need them xxx

Awwwwwwwwwwwww
Poor feller!
Hope he's much better and driving you crazy real soon.

Kids are pretty resilient critters.

:hug: to both of you.

Glad he's feeling better! You made me laugh when you said 'grebby little toad'!! :lol:

Aw poor little chat. My daughter had this a couple of years ago and the dr finally diagnosed it because she started to peel all over!
So watch out for that.
Hope he feels better soon. :)

Aw poor little chat. My daughter had this a couple of years ago and the dr finally diagnosed it because she started to peel all over!
So watch out for that.
Hope he feels better soon. :)
I'm looking forwards to the peeling, not. Glad your little one was eventually diagnosed, if left untreated it can turn into rheumatic fever which is really dangerous.
Thanks for all your kind words. He's feeling so sorry for himself this afternoon. He cried himself to sleep in my arms.:cry: Said he was feeling very sad & wanted to go back to Disneyland. Of course that got me crying too.
I've made him a chocolate cake with buttercream filling for when he wakes up. Hopefully that will cheer him up. It's so hard as at 5 he doesn't understand that he's contagious, and why he can't go see his friends.

My daughter and her BF were in Disney in Florida last year. He came back with chickenpox, at the age of 30!

My daughter and her BF were in Disney in Florida last year. He came back with chickenpox, at the age of 30!
Maybe Disneyland is the new place to go for contagious diseases.:lol:
If adults get chickenpox it's usually really bad. Did he have a bad case of the pox?

Aaaaahhh. Going crazy cooped up at home all week.:irked:
Just come back from the doctors, the service was amazing, our butts didn't even touch the seats in the waiting room before we were called in.:eek::green:
He's got to stay off school until next Thursday unless we have any more rash come out. We're gonna go even more stir crazy!!!!
He's now so bored at home, all day cbeebies looses it's appeal after day 2.:lol:
Hubby bought him a pack of multicoloured chalks so Hughie can go out into the garden and get some air, he's coloured all of our patio slabs in different colours. Very artistic.:lol:

:) Ah bless him my daughter had scarlet fever last feb couldn't believe it she got up in the morning said she didn't feel well looked like we'd dipped her in boiling water can laugh now but was a nightmare her sister didn't catch it though. Got over that, week of being well then came down with chicken pox and both of them got that :lol: that month i don't want to repeat:lol: Kids whould have em:lol: Michelle

How is your little man feeling now Odette?

Latest posts

Back