Guinea Pigs Needed!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just uploaded the latest version which I have been testing on my laptop.

This adds a "list users" page which will currently list all users in alphabetical order. Then you can click on a username to view details of that user and the treatments they are happy to guinea pig for.

Now to think about the search functionality which will be somewhat more complicated :green:

Also, I've noticed that some people have registered but have not edited their profile yet; you won't appear on the user list unless you enter some details on your profile.

The only other issue is that some web sites listed are missing the "http://" at the start of them. I need to add validation to the web site field that will force that; meanwhile I'll probably manually update the database to add the http:// bit in...

hi ya, just registered,
so do you get an email from someone when they need a model?
:)

That's the plan :)

What I will end up doing is adding a "send message" link to a user's profile where if you are logged in you can send them a message and it will be emailed to that user...

So much to do, so little time lol..

Its looking good Ruth and is a great idea,
on your waxing list you don't have a section to tick for underarms or bikini,
it might be a good idea to have seanny put a link to your site from his site too as that gets a lot of visits from people in this industry hth

I've just added underarm waxing. But I thought that bikini would be covered by female intimate, or is it sufficiently different from that to need its own entry do you think?

I've just added underarm waxing. But I thought that bikini would be covered by female intimate, or is it sufficiently different from that to need its own entry do you think?
I do think it would be a good idea to list it separately as some people are comfortable to perform a bikini wax but not comfortable or are untrained to perform intimate waxing hth

I do think it would be a good idea to list it separately as some people are comfortable to perform a bikini wax but not comfortable or are untrained to perform intimate waxing hth

Cool, I have added bikini waxing :)

Hi

I think it is a brilliant idea, and will be excellent when you have finished with the search facility.
Also it is nice and easy to use,lol

great idea ruth,i've registered xx

Add me sweetie x

Right I have got Search working now.

On the search page, you can choose a number of treatments by checking the boxes.

Then you will see a list of guinea pigs matching at least one of those treatments, with the people matching the most treatments listed first.

Off to bed now though as I am insanely knackered!

Have found a small bug - if you do a search on Eyebrows (Permanent Makeup) you also get matches for Eyebrows (Waxing) that you shouldn't get - am going to fix it in the morning as I can't handle any more XQuery tonight!!!

Well the search is almost fixed - the only problem now is that if you search on permanent makeup -> eyebrows and waxing -> eyebrows, then if someone only has one of those checked, they are counted as having both. It's a strange XPath issue that I am trying to get to the bottom of. Seems to work fine for everything else though :)

Is it possible to lock your site somewhere on here, otherwise we will have to go back for your posts.:D

Is it possible to lock your site somewhere on here, otherwise we will have to go back for your posts.:D

How do you mean lock my site? I'm confused as to what you mean, silly me...

What a wicked site, Im signed up, well done Ruth..:hug:

How do you mean lock my site? I'm confused as to what you mean, silly me...

I think it means by putting your site on the salon geek ruth hun so that others can be lead directly to it instead of putting advert on one of the forums.

I have signed up too, it is a great site well done Ruth.

Great idea, just registered. I think it could be useful to have a 'comments' or similar section for the profile for additional info. ie for me, I could add that I don't have my own transport, so I can only guinea pig for someone local, unless they can make arrangements to collect me etc
Brilliant idea though :D It'll be a great resource

I've just added an "About Me" section for any comments like that - thank you for the idea :)

I think it means by putting your site on the salon geek ruth hun so that others can be lead directly to it instead of putting advert on one of the forums.

LOL, i should of explained my myself better.:confused:

Yep, that is what i mean:hug:

Latest posts

Back