Had a really bad day, green hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Hey geeks I need to rant! Ok so today was a real bad day! I just don't know where my head is at today! I had a client come in with full head H/L's, she wanted to go blonde all over! No probs I thought! So I bleached the roots with 6%, left to develop and then applied bleach and 9 to her mid and ends as it was a gingery colour from her putting a bloody box colour over! Anyways I rinsed and noticed it was quite ginger, so I put 10/8 on with pastel 1:2 ratio ofc. Well it went green! Urggggh I should of known! I do know this! But today I just didn't even think! So I bleach bathed it out and applied 10/96 with a but of 0/65 as we had no other violet toners left grrrrrrr!! It came out ok, nice milky blonde! But I'm really kicking myself for making such a BASIC stupid mistake! :'( xx

I know my mistake was yellow + blue = green. And that I should of left the roots to develop 10 mins longer, but I DO know this and its really upset me, the fact I didn't even think :/

Well I obviously can't give any useful or technical advice hunni (nail tech in case your reading on your phone) but I can send a hug :)
It sounds like you just had a bad day, but sorted it appropriately in the end xx

The upside is that you knew how to fix it.

Making mistakes is how we all learn.

I know my mistake was yellow + blue = green. And that I should of left the roots to develop 10 mins longer, but I DO know this and its really upset me, the fact I didn't even think :/

Don't beat urself up about it honey , its one of them things. Thankfully you knew how to rectify it :) x

You made the mistake knew how and why it happened and fixed it. I bet she went out as a happy client.

We all have should have, would have, could have moments.

Tomorrow is a new day don't dwell on this x

Well after years of making silly little mistakes myself and kicking myself for doing it my boss has always said its knowing how to correct a colour slip up that shows you have the knowledge,not the actual slip up itself.

Dont beat yourself up about it,just have a gin and breathe a sigh of relief that you fixed it
x

Thanks everyone! This is why I LOVE salongeek! Your all fab!! :D I just like perfection with my work, its an OCD haha! I hope you all enjoy your night! :D xxx

I think you may find most hairdressers have bad ocd!!

I know i have!
One of my best ones is rinsing conditioner well.Ive had so many juniors pass me back slimey heads over the years and i have to take clients back to basin to re rinse again that the 2 trainees we have had for the last 2 years STILL get told "Please rinse with hot enough water and for long enough"everytime they shampoo or colour rinse for me lol!
They roll their eyes but i havent had a slimey head for a long while!!!

I think you may find most hairdressers have bad ocd!!

I know i have!
One of my best ones is rinsing conditioner well.Ive had so many juniors pass me back slimey heads over the years and i have to take clients back to basin to re rinse again that the 2 trainees we have had for the last 2 years STILL get told "Please rinse with hot enough water and for long enough"everytime they shampoo or colour rinse for me lol!
They roll their eyes but i havent had a slimey head for a long while!!!

AHAHAAHAH! Oh god im the EXACT same!! I cant stand it when you comb the hair and conditoner is still in the hair! It makes me so angry! But now I do all my own shampooing as I like to make sure its done right! :D xx

:hug: :Grope: :Kissing:, dont stress! u fixed it! job done! x

Oh I hate when people make no effort to rinse properly no need at all, pure laziness. My blood boils when I'm combing through and conditioner still in the hair. Grrrrrrrr

Conditioner left in the hair is a pet hate of mine too! I tell the juniors time at least four minutes when rinsing! Nothing worse than blowdrying conditioner, ugh.

Also agree with everyone that the fact you knew exactly how to rectify and where you went wrong shows your skill. Not the fact it happened in the first place. We all make silly mistakes, i once picked up my normal scissors instead of the thinning scissors, eeesh never ever will that happen again! X

Conditioner left in the hair is a pet hate of mine too! I tell the juniors time at least four minutes when rinsing! Nothing worse than blowdrying conditioner, ugh.

Also agree with everyone that the fact you knew exactly how to rectify and where you went wrong shows your skill. Not the fact it happened in the first place. We all make silly mistakes, i once picked up my normal scissors instead of the thinning scissors, eeesh never ever will that happen again! X

I know a girl that did this!! Don't worry mister, I made a mistake today.... To much mix master violet in 7.35.... Nice color though lol x

This comment made my day. I picked up the thinners today instead of scissors. Diddnt snip because I noticed I had the wrong pair but I would've cried if it was the wrong way around :/ 💇

Lol a cold sick feeling washed over me when i did it and i was white as a sheet haha! I was shaking for the rest of the day honestly ha NEVER again. Luckily it was a gent and i managed to blend and chip my way round it but i really did cut a chunk from about 5cm to 1mm! Ugh i feel sicky just writing this lol!! X

Hey geeks I need to rant! Ok so today was a real bad day! I just don't know where my head is at today! I had a client come in with full head H/L's, she wanted to go blonde all over! No probs I thought! So I bleached the roots with 6%, left to develop and then applied bleach and 9 to her mid and ends as it was a gingery colour from her putting a bloody box colour over! Anyways I rinsed and noticed it was quite ginger, so I put 10/8 on with pastel 1:2 ratio ofc. Well it went green! Urggggh I should of known! I do know this! But today I just didn't even think! So I bleach bathed it out and applied 10/96 with a but of 0/65 as we had no other violet toners left grrrrrrr!! It came out ok, nice milky blonde! But I'm really kicking myself for making such a BASIC stupid mistake! :'( xx

where i'm from they have a saying one day 4you and one day against "rough translation from arabic to english mind". u rectified it and the client went out with a great result. just add it as one of those you'll never guess what happened to me today HAHA!!! big hugs to you anyway and hope you feel better now xxx

Latest posts

Back