Had my nails done and been cut open....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pluck

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just looking for a bit of advice really,

2 days ago i went into a beauty salon and had some nail extensions done as a treat from my partner after having our baby.

Anyway, i had acrylic nail extensions done and when she had completed them she cut my cuticles down only to cut into my skin and made me bleed, later when i went home and tried to rub off the dried blood it was really really sore to touch along with stinging due to being cut open.

i went back to the salon the next day to say to her what she had done only for her to be sat infront of her other client and start shouting and verbally abusing me, i went in with my aunty as she was with me that day, and even my aunty had a mouth full off her too!

i asked for my money back as i wasnt too happy at being cut open, and all she could keep saying was ''well u carnt have it back, wot else u want me to do'' well nothing was offered to me in replacement to my money back nor to recieve the money back too. im left with scabs forming on my cuticles (most worse on two nails)

What is the best action to take next???

all help and advice is very very gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Sarah.

Hi...sorry to hear of your terrible experiance...Its a shame you couldn't have said something at the time she did it...I would have got up and left.

Was she the manager?

unfortunatly yes she was the manager of the place

Fail to see how successful she will be in this business with that attitude. I wonder how she would have reacted if you told her at the time you had your nails done. She has alot to learn about dealing with clients.

I dont know where you go from here with it though.

Hi there,

Just looking for a bit of advice really,

2 days ago i went into a beauty salon and had some nail extensions done as a treat from my partner after having our baby.

Anyway, i had acrylic nail extensions done and when she had completed them she cut my cuticles down only to cut into my skin and made me bleed, later when i went home and tried to rub off the dried blood it was really really sore to touch along with stinging due to being cut open.

i went back to the salon the next day to say to her what she had done only for her to be sat infront of her other client and start shouting and verbally abusing me, i went in with my aunty as she was with me that day, and even my aunty had a mouth full off her too!

i asked for my money back as i wasnt too happy at being cut open, and all she could keep saying was ''well u carnt have it back, wot else u want me to do'' well nothing was offered to me in replacement to my money back nor to recieve the money back too. im left with scabs forming on my cuticles (most worse on two nails)

What is the best action to take next???

all help and advice is very very gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Sarah.

Maybe a different approach was needed as you say she was doing a client and it does not look good if someone is standing there saying....i want my money back .....it would have made her angry as you are making her look bad infront of her clients ....that said....

What it might pay you to do is go back and ask to speak to her in private.....i know she has already been rude to you....but ....she might see it from your point of view then ....failing that ask to speak to the manager in private and then you can say how you feel about your nails.......hth xx

yeah you shouldnt of told her infront of a client this would of annoyed me aswell however being a professional i would of asked you to take a seat or took you in to another room away from the client and tried to sort the problem out. Maybe just take it as a bad experience and dont go back there with her attitude she wont be running for long anyway!:irked:

That is really bad!!
You should take pic and go to the doctor,
then go to small claims court!

Well firstly her attitude stinks And secondly its not very good to use cuticle nippers to clip away the cuticles as the skin is meant to be there and for the reason being that if anything gets in it then it could cause bactirial infection. Anyway just leave it to heal thats the only thing you can do try not to touch it as you dont want to cause infection. I think perhaps go back there with a calm approach and a nice approach and kindly ask her for partial or full refund back as she has caused you unessesary pain. :hug: xxx

Ladies, please, some of you really really need to learn to toughen up:hug:
Sara has had a bad experience with a bad tech, she has returned with a witness and this is the same person who saw what happened the day before.
Technically Sara has been assaulted and has returned to be verbally assaulted.
The last thing she needs to do is return again and try to pacify this woman.
As the tech, what should have happened is something like
I'm sorry we have a problem, as you can see I am with a client, could you come back when I'm free and we'll have a coffee and see what we can sort out.
But no she has left herself wide open to Sara going all over town showing people her nails and saying this was done at this place and she was abusive to boot!
She's also left her self open to the other client going all over town saying that while she was having her nails done her tech started screaming etc at another client:eek:
Where you go from here Sara is to your doctor for a report of your injury, then to the small claims court for compensation for the injury and the verbal abuse don't forget to get a statement from your Auntie.
Personally I am so sorry that what should have been a lovely treat has turned into such a bad experience, I hope you won't let this put you of having enhancements in the future and I also hope that you will use this site to help you find a reputable nail tech in your area :hug:

Everyone calm down!!! If your that upset over it (im sure you are !)go back if she is busy ask in a calm adult mannor if you could possibly make a time where you could go in and discuss the matter further . How is your finger now has it healed ok? I dont think its nessesary to be going down the claims court route! If she had any nouse about her she will realise her mistakes and want to put the situation right ie refund you.

thanks for all of your advice girls!

can i just add please also that my approach to her wen i first walked is was exactly '' hi there, i had my nails done the other day, can i have a quite word with you about them please.''

so basically she chose to sit there and not move herself from her other client.

they still have not healed from the day after i had them, and i immediatly took photos of them as i thought i would have no proof if i didnt take pics if i were to take her to small claims court.

once again thanks x

I guess you live and learn and advise others to keep the hell away from the place.

Grr, I reckon you have grounds to sue her over this and get some money from her insurance (that is, assuming that she actually *has* insurance, as the way she sounds like she is running things is putting her distinctly into NSS territory)...

If you really wanted to put the boot in, there was a woman from BBC3 on here a few days ago who wanted to hear from people who had bad experiences in salons - as she gave you such a lot of verbal abuse when you questioned her about the way she'd hurt you, I reckon naming and shaming her on the telly would be quite fitting lol...

Oh Pluck, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I have to say that embarrassingly enough when I was at the Client side of the manicure table I had the exact same thing happen to me... EVERY SINGLE TIME I WENT TO GET MY NAILS DONE!!!! :irked:

Particularly bad was the time I had my nails done after I got engaged. I wanted to have gorgeous nails to show off my engagement ring and all I had to show was bleeding and scabby skin and cuticles!

Nowadays, tho, I know that this should not happen, having been trained by an excellent company. I understand that it's not easy to go back to the tech that you had problems with so I was very proud of you for doing so. I'm just mortified that the tech reacted so badly towards you.

I sincerely hope that you are not put off by this experience and that you find a tech that understands you, works with you and that you can develop a good relationship with!

:hug:

That is so unfair on you!!! it sounds silly but could you threaten to take legall action like sue them or summit if it was expensive and dont give ya your money back. Or What I would do is go in and argue with her until she gets sick of you and just gives you a refund to make you go away. Hehe. sneaky sista :p

do what u think will work. I hope this 'advice' works for you

u go 4 it gurrl!!!!!

x
x
x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I think you should have got up and walked away as well when she made the first cuticle bleed , what made you stay :eek: ?

Did the shop look like it had any decent hygiene levels in place ?

Well apart from the sore cuticles what were the nails like ?

Ps massaging some solar oil into them would make them a lot better :hug:

You could inform your local health and safety office if you thought that the place was dirty and a possible health risk

Ps , I don't know why but I feel a bit sorry for the Nail Technician
as well as for you too
I would hate to be in her shoes :cry:

Your other option of course is to speak to your local Trading Standards office. sure they would be very interested to hear about the 'service' that is being offered.

Could for you for going back to complain in the first place and I wish you luck in finding one of the many much better techs that are out there.:hug:

I think it is important to first acknowledge if it was indeed being "cut open" or a nick...??

Latest posts

Back