Had to call police on client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyathome92

Reaction score
Hi guys i dont know if ive done this right its my first time posting on here but here it goes.......

I am a mobile therapist im only 19 but have been running a succesfull mobile buisness from home for the last year and absolutely loving it!

Today i had an elderley client in for luxury pedicure, gellux on hands and eyebrow shape. I did all of the above and client was very happy when she left saying she would book again. i sat down to have my lunch about half hour later the door went and it was her she said she didnt like her nails and she wanted me to take them off so i stopped what i was doing let her in to my beauty room to look at them, i had a look and they looked lovely not a thing wrong with them (she was complaining they looked messy and she didnt like the colour she chose) so i said im sorry you feel like that i can take them off free of charge but i cant give you your money back, she then started saying was i blind or stupid, i should give her her money back and said she was going to report me to trading standards and complaining to everyone she knows in the end i said im sorry but due to your threatening behaviour i dont feel comfortable doing your nails could you please leave she then went hysterical and screaming at me saying she wasnt leaving so i picked up her bag and walked towards my front door and placed it by the front door and asked her again nicely to leave or i would have to call the police and she still refused so i went in the other room and called the police.

When they arrived i spoke to them and they told me not to worry she didnt have a leg to stand on as she should of said at the time if she didnt like them before leaving, they finally managed to get her to leave.

I am so shocked that someone could behave like this in my home and it was frieghtening to think that i couldnt get her to leave as i was the only one in my house ive never experienced anything like this before!
Im now worried about what she might do next :( could someone please give me some advice and let me know if i dealt with this in the right way?
She was so lovely when i did her the first time but she come back like a different person and was quite scary :( im only young and trying to run a buisness and have lots of very happy clients and regulars just a bit shocked today x

Oh not nice!

It sounds like you were trying to be accomodating, but it wasn't enough. It also sounds like you were quite clear with reflecting back to her how she was coming across, but she chose to stay and continue to intimidate you.

What is interesting is that she stuck around until the police came! What was the outcome regarding this going on record? I'm just thinking further down the line if you say you are worried about what she may do. Did they give her a friendly warning?

If you are worried, phone the police and ask if this has been logged officially as you fear repercussions.

Generally, people will back down when it gets this formal, so try not to worry. but it's totally understandable to feel shocked.

Pour yourself a stiff one and let her take responsibility for her actions today. :hug:

Wow what an ordeal, I'm pretty sure you did the right thing, if someone is threatening you in your own home then calling the police is the only option you are left with, if you had forced her out of your house then I'm pretty sure she could of reported you for assault. Its a funny old world, chalk it up to experience and if you get any further problems with this lady keep a diary of dates times so you can report her.... Hope your day gets better :)

O. M. G. I hope you are ok.

Take a deep breath and some time to relax.

You definitely did the right thing as you stayed calm and didnt loose your temper.

She could be ill and didnt know what she was doing or she may have simply changed her mind.

Whatever the reason - this just shows how important your safety even at your own home is.

Take a deep breath and put this behind you...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Oh my god! Poor you! I am also a young therapist starting my own business when I was 18. I am now 24 and still self employed. I have never experienced anything as horrible as you have described however I have experienced negativity from clients and students because of my age. People automatically think that because we are young, we haven't got the knowledge or industry experience as some of the older therapists and sometimes they try to get something for nothing because of it. I 100% think you did the right thing!! This 'woman' needs to learn that she cannot treat you like that especially in your own home. You must have been so upset and shaken! I hope you are okay

Hugs,

Jody xx

From your first decision to remove the nails for free to your final decision to call the police - You behaved perfectly!!

And for a 19 year old you showed remarkable presence of mind.

If this lady had been very pleasant on a previous visit and behaved in this very alarming way on her second visit I would definitely say that she is unwell.

So don't be worried, I very much doubt that she will return and any family she may have will no doubt be aware of her unusual behaviour.

I would however decline any further appointments, it's not worth the risk or the stress.

Well done my lovely xx

Big hug to you:hug:, as previously said you behaved impeccably, it's a one off, put it down to a life experience you'll probably never have another experience like that again.

Chin up, best foot forward and carry on the good work :wink2:

thank u so much guys i can stop worrying now! Just dont want her to slag me off :sad: i love running my own buisness and really love what i do its just hard when things like this happen i didnt expect anyone to react like that! I suppose in this industry you have to take the good with the bad and its definately more scary when you start young as i think alot of people underestimate you and some try to intimidate you like today but i wouldnt change my job for the world and im so lucky to have some lovely clients and look forward to building my empire hehe :D love this site it has helped me grow from the day i started reading on here xx

Oh my gosh you poor thing.

You did all the right things, I would definitely say it sounds like she has some issues.

Do you know anybody else that knows her? How did she find out about you?

Try not to worry, I really don't think it will damage you in anyway.

Xxx

Aww poor you,but well done for how you handled the situation.It is natural to feel shaken up,I would too if this happened to me.You sound very professional and a great therapist,keep up your already good work and try not to worry,big Hugs :)

Wow that is shocking!
I wouldn't worry about her bad mouthing you...whats she going to do show people her beautiful nails and you'l gain more clients lol!
Have a large glass of wine hunnie xxx

Wow you did everything right! I couldn't of stood my ground like that at 19 so well done! Just wanted to say don't worry about her slating you she is clearly not of sound mind so people will not take notice of her anyway! Again well done xxx

Big hugs hun! That must have been horrible for you! You definately behaved perfectly though very polite and professional xxxx

As everyone has said you dealt with this beautifully.

I feel fairly certain that she had a mental illness problem, or was on drink or drugs. To come back and complain is one issue, but to lose it the way she did is completely irrational.

It may well be that she is already known to the police. It's also true to say that if she does try to badmouth you nobody will listen.

You happened to be the one she picked on today. Tomorrow it will be her doctor, a shop assistant or her husband.

Big hug, and well done.

I think you acted well, you are doing your job which is a beautician not a beautician and fortune teller so you can't guess if she will like it later for her. You couldn't eat a cake from tesco then take it back saying it didn't compliment your dinner can you?

Well done for staying calm and giving her the option. These clients are extremely few and far, maybe one per 10 service givers per lifetime. Yours is over with! Well done! Now have a triple vodka xoxo

You need be assertive sometimes for this job. Keep getting more experienced and by the time you are my age you tell them straight and look them in the eye, old people can sometimes get silly neurotic and attention seeking, sorry to generalise but let's face it working woman or mothers are too busy for all that. All that free retirement time focusing on themselves.

You need be assertive sometimes for this job. Keep getting more experienced and by the time you are my age you tell them straight and look them in the eye, old people can sometimes get silly neurotic and attention seeking, sorry to generalise but let's face it working woman or mothers are too busy for all that. All that free retirement time focusing on themselves.

i think the op acted and behaved with maturity beyond her years.

the client involved obviously had some sort of mental problem.

i think your statement is very disrespectful, unfair and demeaning towards old people .

i'm hope the op will maintain her considerate, professional attitude and not become so cynical with age

As others have said you handled the situation brilliantly. Well done.

I think you were more then generous to remove her nails for free, considering it was her that picked the colour in the first place. You had every right to not even offer that!

I think you handled it really well. You are probably not the first this has happened too, and it won't be the last. Chin up. Nothing serious came from it. It will just make you stronger in what you do!

Firstly I don't think u should have offered to remove FOC your work was worth paying for!

You would not go for a meal eat it then at end say sorry not paying as I should have ordered the fish instead,

But other than that you acted professionally and to the point.. Chin up wont be last time you have a pain client but stick to ur grounds all the time, xx

Latest posts

Back