Hair colour disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but using 12% on yourself regularly could damage your scalp in the long run. If you're really going to insist on doing it yourself at least use 6%, cos after this happening hopefully it will put you off ever using 12% again. Also its going to take a while for your scalp to heal, so do you really want to risk damaging it again?
But better still, complain to those crappy hairdressers and try to find another one. I know its hard to put your trust in other stylists after one messes up like this, but word of mouth and online reviews are your friend, plus going into salons for a consultation and asking what percentage of peroxide they would use, and if its higher than 6% you can leave.

Yeah, after this disaster I'm not using 12% again. I'm nervous to phone them but I need her to know my full fri he is blistered and my fringe is pink. I refuse to go out like this for my birthday :( x

hiw long is it since you had it done? its just looks on photo and with you saying its bit gunky like there may be some infection? i would nip to docs to be on safe side. and as for she couldnt be bothered to blow dry words fail me!!!

epic fail on all counts!!:
Scared:

Yeah, after this disaster I'm not using 12% again. I'm nervous to phone them but I need her to know my full fri he is blistered and my fringe is pink. I refuse to go out like this for my birthday :( x

Pick up your phone and call them

Firstly, I've had this done to me using clynol blonde range by the clynol educator. You will need to see your doctor who will hopefully put you on a steroid solution to put on your scalp. That will help with the blisters, weeping and bleeding.

Second is dont colour your hair yourself, your not a hairdresser so shouldn't really be buying the products.

Third is dont apply anything to soothe the scalp until consulting with your doctor/ dermatologist or trichilogist. You don't know if you may be making it worse.

Call the salon and explain what happened. They can't re colour your hair, and don't accept conditioning or other treatments until after speaking with your doctor. Hope it gets better soon xoxo

Spoke to the stylist and she's apologised and told me for the pink to use bleach 3% and shampoo on it and watch it in the mirror til it lifts then wash it off. I've not got enough back bone but surely knowing I'm not a hairdresser she shouldn't be advising me to do this at home ??!

And as for the blisters she just apologised and said putting milk on them will help.

I feel let down and feel this isn't my mess to tidy up but I don't have the nerve to complain and say I deman it gets sorted or a refund :(!x

Spoke to the stylist and she's apologised and told me for the pink to use bleach 3% and shampoo on it and watch it in the mirror til it lifts then wash it off. I've not got enough back bone but surely knowing I'm not a hairdresser she shouldn't be advising me to do this at home ??!

And as for the blisters she just apologised and said putting milk on them will help.

I feel let down and feel this isn't my mess to tidy up but I don't have the nerve to complain and say I deman it gets sorted or a refund :(!x

Phone and ask to speak to the salon owner. Don't let yourself be fobbed off. Advise then that you will be seeking legal advice and need the name of their insurer

No you shouldn't have been told to do it yourself and shouldn't have been recommended "home remedies". Awful customer service xoxo

Just to add "bored of drying your hair" telling you your hair looks "Simpson yellow" sounds like a very professional stylist......

Pm me their number and il phone as your friend

you must go back hun /go to docs thats a chemical burn on your scalp. you must be in so much pain:(

This is terrible, I really feel for you, im amazed they have advised more bleach to correct this, have they seen your blisters?! Unfortunately you wont be able to do any kind of colour correction until your scalp is healed, if you put anything else on broken skin you risk allergic reaction or infection. I know you are unhappy with your hair but I honestly think as advised before you need to address the scalp before the colour. I hope you are sorted soon xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Go back, complain and sue them! Sorry but they have burnt your scalp! Don't touch it with any colour again until it has healed and you have have a skin patch test!
Get some Paul Mitchell shampoo three to lift the pink out

Oh for crying out loud. Sue them? really? Help the industry why dont you.

But, I do agree you really must go back and have them sort it out for you. Perhaps the salon owner could do it for you?
xx

Oh for crying out loud. Sue them? really? Help the industry why dont you.

But, I do agree you really must go back and have them sort it out for you. Perhaps the salon owner could do it for you?
xx

Totally agree with CHarvey!! Hairdressers take out insurance to cover themselves in situations like this. As for 'helping our industry', hairdressers like this give our industry a bad name and should be named and shamed!!

Totally agree with CHarvey!! Hairdressers take out insurance to cover themselves in situations like this. As for 'helping our industry', hairdressers like this give our industry a bad name and should be named and shamed!!

No naming and shaming. And as for going straight to a no win no fee place, the blisters would be from bleach, which you can't skin test for.
The op hasn't said she was on any medication or had any health changes, used any product that may be incomparable etc... And personally I feel unless the person is self employed (in which case you speak to them direct and their word is final in regards to the salons actions with it) then you speak to the manager and not the stylist xoxo

No naming and shaming. And as for going straight to a no win no fee place, the blisters would be from bleach, which you can't skin test for.
The op hasn't said she was on any medication or had any health changes, used any product that may be incomparable etc... And personally I feel unless the person is self employed (in which case you speak to them direct and their word is final in regards to the salons actions with it) then you speak to the manager and not the stylist xoxo

ok, so what would you have done if you were the stylist involved in this situation? advise the client to try to correct it themselves without asking them to return so you could assess the situation? I know I certainly wouldn't. Very irresponsible and negligable!

This is awful!!! And disgusting customer service!! I'm appalled at this stylists advice!! Totally out if order and unprofessional!! I'd be suing there asses off now!! Your right u need a back bone get it sorted! On the other hand I hope your okay, and have seen a doctor by now!!

These kind of cow boys need to be reprimanded for such terrible services!!xxxx

this is why i hate doing on scalp bleach, normally if i do them i always just do full head foils splices' so no product touches the scalp, it does take ages but honestly the outcome is just the same (did one the other day and the lady was so impressed as she cant have colour on scalp and wanted the colour all over)

ok without saying what you should have done..i would at the very least,now call the salon and explain that although you are unwilling to have any further service by them you feel they should know how they have sent you home.
I do not think you should put any color on your hair atall until the scalp has healed.Your best & safest option would be to put your hair up for going out.
Poor you though not what you expect when treating yourself :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

This might sound weird but, try dry shampoo on your roots but dont brush it out. It should temporarily cover the yellow for your night out xx

Latest posts

Back