Hair colour disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might sound weird but, try dry shampoo on your roots but dont brush it out. It should temporarily cover the yellow for your night out xx

But not on top of those blisters risk of infection they are seeping

This might sound weird but, try dry shampoo on your roots but dont brush it out. It should temporarily cover the yellow for your night out xx

Yeah that's what I'm going to do as I can handles tinge of yellow but I can't handle a pink fringe or blisters :(! X

Yeah that's what I'm going to do as I can handles tinge of yellow but I can't handle a pink fringe or blisters :(! X

No don't be adding powders and chemicals to the blisters. Like said its an open wound and can get infected. Infected areas could become scarred and scarring doesn't grow hair.
Have you been to your doctor yet? Xoxo

You really do need to see the salon owner if the stylist is employed, or see the stylist in person if they are self-employed. They need to see it for themselves, and you also need to take photographs of your scalp.

You may decide to just leave it, but at least have these 2 steps done in case you want to take it further.
Bring a friend along for moral support if you are nervous.

I have a client who was blistered and scarred and now has little bald patches all over her head, from bleeding highlights at a very well-known national salon. She was too traumatised to go back and complain at the time, but I wish that she had taken pics and given them the chance to at least offer conditioning treatments or something(once it had healed).

Please see you Pharmacist, if you can't see the doctor.

All the best

See your GP first as you might need medication or ointment; if the blisters are seeping there could be infection and your doctor would need to take a swab. Don't leave it or ignore it please as you could end up with scarring. Don't use any products other than ones the GP will prescribe; careful you don't irritate the scalp further so finger comb your hair and try not to scratch any itchy bits.

Please don't recolour until the scalp has healed. The stylist you went to was completely unprofessional and you need to speak to the salon owner, as this stylist needs retraining!x

oh my god, after just reading your post it amazes me how there are still so many un-professional hairdressers out there. seriously like what the other geeks have said go back and keep going back until you get the salon to take responsibility for the lack of ability in their staff. she sounds to me as though she shouldn't be on the salon floor.

Just so you know, as a professional, even on hi-lights i never use anything stronger than 6%, most bleaches aren't meant to be used on the scalp and it sounds to me that this could also be the case here.

i hope you get it sorted, the salon shouldn't touch your scalp until fully healed and as said before go to your doctors you don't want to risk infection on top of everything else.

Defo do not put dry shampoo on as it may irritate your blisters more. I've been following your 'story' and I'm horrified that someone (who calls them self a hairdresser) had left you in this state. And I'm even more horrified that she has told YOU How to 'fix' it yourself. I wouldn't sleep if I had done this to a client. How is your scalp/colour now? Did you go back to the salon or go to the doctors??x

Have u been back??

Yes did you get anything sorted? X

Omg I'm quite shocked by this, the pink will be the purple running through when rinsed but the blister and using 12% with bleach is disgusting!!! I never go above 6% and I do a lot on skalp bleaching and toning and never had a problem.
I agree with the rest go to the salon and show them what she has done, it is not on at all.
As for bleaching it yourself with 12% you must be amazing at not overlapping, I'm surprised you've got hair left on your head!!
Good luck and don't be fobbed off. Xx

Did u go back hun? Please don't leave it. This happened to me a few years ago but it was actually where I worked as a Saturday girl so I didn't feel I could say anything. I have to be very very careful now when getting my hair dyed now as my scalp is so sensitive and I have a few bald patches too. DO NOT LEAVE IT!
We're saying this because we care xxx

How is your scalp now?? Have you decided what you are going to do? I have never seen anything like it!! Xx

Much longer and a salon won't take responsibility. They need to know within a reasonable time to rectify Hun xoxo

Can I ask the OP...did they put you under any heat at all during the service?

Hi everyone sorry I've been really busy over the weekend for my birthday! The doctors couldn't see me until this week and even then I would have to phone at 8am for an emergency appt!

I tried phoning the salon 7 times on Saturday and no answer.. I was so busy that I couldn't afford to lose any time going up there and waiting ages until someone seen me ( they are in conjunction with a photoshoot studios ) so would have been super busy with that - yes they should see me straight away but was scared this wouldn't be the case and I had too much to do to waste time.

I rectified the pink withs small amount of bleach 3% and shampoo and then washed with silver shampoo and it came up perfect! Which I know I shouldn't have had to do myself and I'm still really annoyed I did but I felt I had no choice!

I have not touched the scalp not put anything on it and it is getting better but I do have plenty of pictures and will be going up to the salon this week at some point.. Back to working 18 hour shifts this week so will be hard!

My mums also phoning them today to speak with the manager of that salon as there are many throughout the country, so will see what her outcome is tonight hopefully.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice and I will let you know how we get on xx

You won't have any case against them now that you have touched your hair x

You won't have any case against them now that you have touched your hair x

That's what I feared! But I have only touched the ends of my fringe. The blisters are still there x

dont think it will make a difference you have touched it yourself so they will prob not do anything about it:( sorry but thats what they will prob say xx

Latest posts

Back