Hair Extensions - good or bad and which ones.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulnails1

Reaction score
Hiya
Im a nail geek and have had balmain hair extensions before but they were done by a complete newbie and i was their guinea pig so to speak.
Ive always had fine hair but think it made it slightly finer with the way they were taken out. Rushed.
I currently use clipins but find them a real pain when want to put hair up, i am trying to grow my hair and it is currently shoulder length i would like chest length really.
Can someone tell me which hair extensions are good and what to avoid?
There are so many out there and its confusing for a non hair person...
Thanks in advance.
Also if there is a hair extensionist willing to do mine in exchange for nails doing? I know its cheeky but can advertise each other... lol

Thank you everyone.

I use great lengths and have found them to be the best. I have tried many! Great lengths are more expensive initially than racoon but you don't need in-between top-up/maintenance visits as you do with racoon so works out about the same price or possibly slightly cheaper in the long run and the hair is fantastic, just make sure you keep up with your at home maintenance.
That said Racoon are also a fantastic product and beautiful hair and I would not hesitate to use them if Great Lengths were not an option! You won't get everyone to agree on which are 'the best' as it is down to personal preference!
Good luck xx

hair extensions confuse me so much! european? remy? russian? cuticles this way and that way?

i've wanted them doing since i had my last lot took out (the hair was horrible, just a mass of yuckyness although like i'm sure we've all had i was promised it would be fab hair) which was a while ago now and since i've been really weary about where i go as i'm scared of spending out several hundred pounds (i've read on here expensive hair costs alot and if it's a low price it'll be naff as you can't get expensive hair for cheap fullstop) and it just ends up i've been ripped off and have yucky hair. i have no girlfriends i can ask for recommendations as people i know don't have them *shrug* i wonder how many hairdressers have lost out on business because those of us who have had a bad experience are scared to try again? :\

on every website too it's always 'i use top hair' 'i use the best hair' 'i use the same hair that Jordan and Cheryl Cole use' blah blah blah haha so i don't know who/what to trust!

i wish the hair geeks would just get together and come up with a list of whos in what area so that we can choose a trust worthy hairdresser to do and style them for us without the risk and worry of going to somebody who wants to rip us off! :D x

Its a shame they cost so much and dont really last that long either, i was expecting them to last at least 6months.
I just dont know what to do, ive heard of great lengths and they get good reviews as do racoon.
Confused.

Hair extensions in my experience are really down to the quality of the bonds good bonds mean good long lasting extensions not only that what about aftercare some many clients who pay a lot for extensions then go away and wash and condition there hair with John Freida. this breaksdown the bonds. At the money you are paying I would ask to see some proof or testimonials of previous work.

If hair extensions are done correctly they can last upto 6 months and the hair is yours and can be reconditioned and recolour if you wish and re-used

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back