Hair Geeks! (Chemical straightening)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I have really curly/frizzy hair, and have had it chemically straightened a couple of times which my hairdressers said was just the reverse of the perm, and it does help but I still have to really pull it down when im drying it and then go over with the straighteners. It only costs me about £35! I have seen some salons do it for well over £100 up to £300. I know that it will only lasr until the roots grow in and understand will have to get them done but please can someone tell me if this if a different type of straightening and if it works any better, and is worth the money!

Thankyou (I am totally clueless about this, but am getting really lazy about straightening my hair, especially in this rubbish weather!)

:lol:

hi
Yes the one you are getting is perm lotion thickened with something like talc, basically something from the late 1970's:!:
Not an expert on these brands but straightening systems such as yukiyo (not sure i spelt that right) will straighten hair permanantly and leave your hair in fantastic condition.
Change of stylist may be in order here:confused:
j

Hi djane, not knowing whether you are from an ethnic background, but I use hair relaxing cream by dark and lovely. This cream comes in 3 different strengths, regular, medium and strong. This will depend on how thick or dense your hair is. My advice would be to go into a good hair salon and mention D&L and they should advise you on what cream to use, also, it would be a good idea to give your hair a deep steam cleanser once a fortnight which nourishres leaves the hair soft and silky. Hope this is hepful :hug:

we use matrix opti smooth and have very positive reults, it comes in three strengths too, resistant normal and chemically treated hair. . we use the hot technique that involves washing the hair and drying it and str8ening it before putting the neutraliser on. . and like i say doing it that way seems to keep the clients happy. . xx

Thanks for the advice! I am white and once my hair is straightened it is poker straight and luckly quite thick.

My salon dont really do straightening for anyone else and my hairdresser has never done it before so im guessing its not the best stuff! So I think I will have to go to a bigger salon in edinburgh or glasgow to get it done with a better kind.

:)

Latest posts

Back