Hair Laser Removal Burns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishclaire

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently got my legs lasered last week and they got badly burned :(. They were on fire in the care and i had all these circular red spots on my skin. I havent been out in the sun in awhile but i do retain my tan well. Ive had this treatment done lots of times before so i thought i would be ok.

Its been over a week now and most of the bad burns have turned into dark patchy kinda scabby marks. Some of them are starting to peel and there is white fresh skin underneath. Im terrified im gonna get hypopigmentation. Is there anything i can do??

Also hear is a pic of how my legs look now :(

As you can see some of the bad burns are starting to peel and the skin is qutie white underneath. Any info would be great peeps.

photoqt.jpg

You can go back to the clinic right now and show them, and ask for their advice. I know nothing whatsoever about laser hair removal but that cannot be right! And definitely keep out of the sun.

Omg!!! I'm with lynne go bk and show them that is awful to leave u in that way!! I don't know anything bout laser either but that looks painful!! Hope u get it sorted Hun xxx

Go to your doctor sharpish & then go back to the clinic & show them.

I used to have an IPL machine many moons ago & know that you should not get a reaction like this!

Ouch. One thing I picked up on is that you said you do retain your tan, if you were suntanned then they should not have treated you. You definitely need to go back to them to show them, unfortunately what they may say is "One of the side effects of this treatment is a burn" but as I said with a tan they should withold treatment. I don't know what their policy is with regards to not tanning before a treatment so it may be worth checking and looking to see if their notes state what energy they used on this treatment and your previous ones.

If it was your first treatment, did they do a skin test?

x

agree with the above, go to your Dr first you need to get some medical attention. from the photos you look like you have severe burning through the epidermis(where the pink skin is showing). it must be so painful. and let the clinic know immediately something went very wrong.:(

oh my! No advice at all here as know nothing about the process but that does not look right at all! Enough to put anybody off getting it done!
Let us know how you get on with the clinic xx

Omg......I agree with every one. You should go and see doctor and show this to clinic as well. I wonder was therapist aware what is she doing? I hope you feel better.

that is terrible. definetly go to doctor and go straight back to the salon. i do laser and this is not a normal reaction. was it not sore when you where having it done. it surely looked burned during treatment no?

I have only done a little bit of laser over the years so not going to offer any major advice other than that your skin looks quiet tanned and as far as I no it should not be carried out on tanned skin or depending on the machine a particular setting should be used for darker skin. Go to ur doctor straight away and then let salon no. Hope you get on ok Hun

Did she put gel on your legs? She might not have used enough.
I do think you need to go to your doctor asap (not that it's urgent) but they maybe able to give you something to help it heal.
I do think you need to go back to where you had them done and complain because I think you could possibly end up with some scarring.
Was it a clinic or beauty salon?

hi girls

Thanks for the replies :). Yeah it doesnt hurt anymore but i went back to the clinic alright. She said i shouldnt have any scars and everything should return back to normal. I guess i'll have to wait on see how it looks. i just hope i dont have hypopigmentation on my skin and ill have these white spots. I assume though if the clinic told me i wouldnt then i shouldnt

Did she put gel on your legs? She might not have used enough.
I do think you need to go to your doctor asap (not that it's urgent) but they maybe able to give you something to help it heal.
I do think you need to go back to where you had them done and complain because I think you could possibly end up with some scarring.
Was it a clinic or beauty salon?

yeah she puts lots on and they were on fire though after a few hours. I really thinkg they were 2nd degree burns i got!!!

yeah she puts lots on and they were on fire though after a few hours. I really thinkg they were 2nd degree burns i got!!!

I have laser done and I have had a few minor burns, left me with a blister once and a few marks that look like grazes nothing as bad as these. Hope they heal for you, she's lucky you haven't sued her.

I have laser done and I have had a few minor burns, left me with a blister once and a few marks that look like grazes nothing as bad as these. Hope they heal for you, she's lucky you haven't sued her.

well ill be going back once it starts to heal up. I dunno what it will look like yet . They will be fixing it if anything goes wrong

ouch!i do ipl and i have never seen anything like this! i have had people get the odd superficial burn but not over a whole area and not to this degree. i think you need to make sure you get lots of photo evidence and get a doctors opinion and then go back to the clinic and say you are not happy. maybe even go to somewhere else that uses the same machine and see what they say because im sure this is not right. good luck and i hope it gets better, let us know how you get on :)

Oh god this is not good !! As an IPL therapist i can tell the person who treated you had no clue what they were doing !!! Did you not expose your skin to sun light or used a different medication which could have made your skin photosentitive ? You said you had had that treatment before, did you get a patch test done ? Have the settings been increased more than 2J at a time ? This is not a normal reaction, and you should be fully refunded immediatly. It is important for you to ask the maximum of questions, maybe the person doing it wasnt qualified ? If so she shouldnt be treating and perhaps the salon should close down to avoid further incident ? Some damage can be for life !
Hope you are feeling better ? You definetly need to complain, IPL is very safe nowadays, this is very very bad service.
Good luck
Caroline x

hi irishclaire, how are your legs are they starting to heal?

You really shouldn't tan your skin after the Laser hair removal treatment.

The stuff from that Laser clinic didn't tell you about what you need to pay attention to after the treatment?

The first thing is, you need to keep your treatment area away from the sun.

PS. Did they do the skin test for you?

Anyway, just go back there and ask them about what you have to do now.
I think based on your situation, you really need months to get better.

Latest posts

Back