Handling complaints - before I even get them...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerries

Reaction score
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else is like me.

Since opening the salon, I constantly dread the phone going and it being a client who is calling to complain, or say they're not happy. I am so paranoid! I always check with my clients that they are happy when they leave, but I get so stressed when my phone rings as I fear it's a client calling to say they're not pleased...

I have only had one client call so far to say that something is wrong - it's a client who came into my salon with completely wrecked nails, and after nearly 3 hours of trying to get rid of the old product on her nails I refused to put a new set on, as I didn't want to worsen the damage. I Shellac'd her instead. She has called today to say that the Shellac has peeled on one nail (no idea yet how/why this has happened as I was very careful applying it). She wasn't nasty or horrible - she has just asked if she can come in so I can have a look and re-do the one nail for her. Since taking the call though, I have reacted like it's the end of the world!

Is it just me...or is anyone else worried about complaints before they even happen?

Prob just me lol x

i worry about things before they have a chance of happening. just making sure your client is happy when they leave and if they do phone to complain about something you just have to try dealing with the complaint and move on. the thing to bare in mind is you cant please everybody!! chin up hun!! xx:hug:

Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else is like me.

Since opening the salon, I constantly dread the phone going and it being a client who is calling to complain, or say they're not happy. I am so paranoid! I always check with my clients that they are happy when they leave, but I get so stressed when my phone rings as I fear it's a client calling to say they're not pleased...

I have only had one client call so far to say that something is wrong - it's a client who came into my salon with completely wrecked nails, and after nearly 3 hours of trying to get rid of the old product on her nails I refused to put a new set on, as I didn't want to worsen the damage. I Shellac'd her instead. She has called today to say that the Shellac has peeled on one nail (no idea yet how/why this has happened as I was very careful applying it). She wasn't nasty or horrible - she has just asked if she can come in so I can have a look and re-do the one nail for her. Since taking the call though, I have reacted like it's the end of the world!

Is it just me...or is anyone else worried about complaints before they even happen?

Prob just me lol x

It sounds like you're a little over anxious. It's good if you channel it and use it to make sure you're giving great service and your customers are happy.

Do your best and if there are complaints, try your best to put it right and learn from it.

If you one customer with an issue has come straight back to you and explained the issue nicely - I think it shows that you're doing really well.

Take a few deep breaths and focus on enjoying having your own salon.

I hope this helps?:lol:

I haven't had this prob with shellac but I have had something like this with both L&P and gel on clients who had been some where that uses uurrm a very low grade product ,

The natral nails under the product wear prittty wrecked and nouthing I could do would stay put! It made me feel like it was my problem something that I was doing worng, (other clients who hadn't had the other places product on there nails wear fine) so I called my educator (lol)! Explained my issue , and was toled that better quality products need a cirtian amound of keritean in the nail and these products require the damage to adhere so by the time the clients got to me there nails wear basicly to wrecked for my product!

So I stopped blaming myself and doing new sets on them and insted explained it to them , gave them manicures , lots of oil , and weekly thining of the nails they had on , by the 6th (ish ) week there was enought new healthy nail growth to apply enhancements again!

Sure some clients wear pissed , or just wanted instant gratification of nails and they went back to the other place , hopefully slightly more educated lol
Moral to the story , Do the best you can , & don't expect to please everybody.

If i went to a salon and they kept asking me to confirm I was happy with the treatment it would annoy the hell out of me AND I'd wonder how you wouldn't be able to tell that I was happy and had to ask me?? It ..would make me think you were very anxious and unsure of yourself. It would put me off.

Not everyone will be happy, as much as you want them to be. You have to toughen up a bit and have confidence in yourself and in the products you use or your clients will not have confidence in you. They will sense it.

As for one nail peeling off?? Rubbish. Charge her for redoing and tell her not to pick. I spoiled one of my Shellacked nails on the cheese grater and had to redo it ... they are not made of steel.

Complaints will come in all shapes and sizes and you will find that some of them are down to you (or your staff, assuming your little salon grows soon) and some will be down to the clients. You have to remember that part of customer service is complaints.

If a person has a complaint it doesnt mean they will not use your service again, in fact if it is dealt with well they are more likely to recommend you for your aftersales service.

Its all experience and you will get better at spotting genuine complaints, complaints where its mistakes on the clients part and those that are blatantly looking for a freebie.

As soon as you see this womans nail you'll know what caused it. Just remember you're the one who's trained in the technology and many clients will underestimate what you can tell just by looking at them.

Latest posts

Back