Has any one else noticed a difference ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoilt

Reaction score
ive always had week nails bendy and see through? ive been using the gelish base coat colour n top coat and ive had 4 colour's on now so. they have grown > but they look like they do when ive been in the sun and on holiday > a client has also noticed this.. does any one have an explanation. has it happend to you or a client and does it happen with any other nail products . :confused: i have used nail hardners in the past but this is unbelievable :hug: . ? x elisa

how u doing huni xx well im gonna post a photo of my amazing growing nails !! as i really cant get over the fact . they have grown strong and do not bend !!!!:hug: i wonder if I'm the only one that has noticed this . of if any other products work .. as just a nail strengthener .

I know it's late but Is it only me totally confused here ????
Lol

And on topic.. I have been using Shellac since May and Gelish for the last few weeks.... and yep my nails are fab and stronger than in a long time I think both products are a godsend !:green:

Spoilt are you ok? :confused:

shellac has done this for my nails. it's not a nail hardener though as they work very diffrently (something to do with polymerizing the keritin cells in our nails with formalin we won't go there lol)

The extra support from shellac has done wonders for me , sounds like gelish is working out well to ,

It's going to be an exciting time in our industry the mote
more people find out just how amazing these products all are :)

I have shellac not gelish but yes I have noticed the same, both on myself and on clients. My nail beds seem to be getting longer too. (They were always fairly long but where I've had buff off gels in the past I got a bit of lifting of the nail from the nail bed, at the free edge, think it's called oncholyosis-? But they seem to have repaired since I've been using shellac.)

Some people grow their nails wonderfully well just by using polish!

Anything that wraps the nail in a protective coating is going to help grow your nails. There is nothing magic about it. some people need a stronger product then polish to help them.

I actually find Shellac stronger than gelish for MY nails and they are all long now and have been for the last 8 months.

For 6 weeks I used gelish and I found it was much bendier than Shellac for MY nails and length of my natural nails. I did not like the feeling and need more support. I need a harder product than polish or a thin gel. Shellac is that product for me. My nails and I feel vulnerable without it. I repeat, this is what I have experienced with MY nails ... others will have different experiences.

I found the same, I'm a 'chewer' which I never noticed before while wearing l&p, and I have noticed my nails feel slightly more flexible while wearing gelish compared to shellac, seems to still be strong enough for me to have no breakages so far, but yup there is a noticeable difference.

I said the other week to my boyfriend ' you won't understand this, (which he didn't) but I feel like I have my old hands back' I Always had long strong nails with decent nail beds etc. . . And I do again woo !
And it is down to shellac (and maintaining a good length for my lifestyle) as I've been wearing shellac for 4 months,

I'm still baffled by the first 2 posts though. Has someone deleted a post in the middle or something ? :confused:

Last edited:
I'm still baffled by the first 2 posts though. Has someone deleted a post in the middle or something ? :confused:

I don't think so, I think it was a stab at sarcasm as no one replyed quick enough.

a little ... like being at home when all i have is the wall.! it worked though lol... so what do you think is in the products that are making our nails stronger,,its fab... polymers . whoosh right over my head. are gelish and shellac the only polishes that are doing this , of has anyone using other gel based products finding the same x:) elisa

Latest posts

Back