Has anyone ever had a call from Trading Standards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just had a message on my home phone from a guy at Trading Standards asking me to call him back. I was going to call back but my doorbell went so I just hung the phone up. Went to listen to the message again to get the number and it's disappeared :irked:

I have no idea why TS would be calling me (and on my home phone) but now have to either wait for another call or letter?

Has anyone ever had a call from TS and if so, if you don't mind me asking, what it was about?

Thanks in advance

xx

Why not call your local TS office and explain what happened... just in case it's important... and if it isn't then at least your mind will be put at rest :D

Thanks hun, yeah I think I will.

Nervewracking though!

xx

Maybe im being cynical- but not getting the message might have done you a favour.

By getting the number for the local office rather than ringing the number back- it'll make sure it actually is trading standards, rather than a con-artist.

Seems odd you wouldn't get a letter.......

I'd agree with the above poster but then I'm very cynical! Are you sure it's not a con? I'd definitely phone the local trading standards directly and make sure you've not been given one of those numbers that costs a fortune when you dial it back.

You annoyed anyone and there trying to upset you by reporting you for something stupid?

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Thanks guys,

As far as I know and can remember the number he gave me I think was an 0800 but I can't be sure...

As far as annoying/irritating anyone, I've been trying to think, but nothing comes to mind. I would hope if I had done something to irk someone, they would come to me first.

I'll find out tomorrow! Xx

I had TS drop by to check that everything I was selling had suitable labelling on it.

They never warned me by letter or a call. Luckily he was the real deal - no con, and it was really useful speaking to him about what my products warning labels should have as a minimum. I could go back to suppliers and inform them what was a must.

Also he never stopped me selling anything - gave me weeks to correct my stock.

These days so many people are selling home made products and these items need to be clearly labeled. So don't be scared of TS, they are there to help you not put you away or fine you into bankruptcy.

Sometimes if they are unsure if what you offer they will contact you or they are just being proactive by keeping up with the local businesses.
That's my experience so I would not be worried.

X

they came to my premises a few years ago and the one thing they told me off over was not having a sign up saying where the ltd company was registered at etc. They never gave warning for their visit but try not to worry about it.

what do you mean where the ltd company was registered??

what do you mean where the ltd company was registered??

Ltd companies are usually registered at the accountants. Its a place for corespondence etc to go involving the financial side of business.

Hi guys :)

I called the TS general number and explained I had recieved a message but couldnt contact them back as the message had disappeared.

It turns out that because I had applied to the local council food agency to allow me to trade from my kitchen baking and selling cupcakes, they were checking up on me.

I hadn't heard anything so assumed it was ok to go ahead. I had actually decided against doing it after I had put in the application, so though nothing more of it, and it was them making sure I was complying (even though I had no calls or visits which I thought I would have had) so as I explained I wasn't trading because baking and then selling was going to be more trouble than it was worth, and I just do it as a hobby, they were happy.

Just goes to show, don't jump to conclusions, lol!

xx

Latest posts

Back