Has anyone Ever had their drink spiked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Hey guys,
At the weekend I was out with friends for birthday drinks and had 2 drinks before I left went to this very nice place for cocktails, had 1 drink in the place last thing I remember is drinking that drink, apparently I went very strange could not speak slurred words, falling everywhere my friend looked after me and took us home ( this was at 10.30 on a sat night !) was violently sick by time got home could not use my legs and had to be Carried Into bed her mum was so worried I eventually passed out, woke up in the morn very confused and disorientated horrible feeling have felt very down about it. Has drink spiking happened to anyone else ?

Xo

Yes, don't worry! You are not alone so don't feel down... Just learn from it. Don't leave your drink alone. While I'm out, I always hold my glass and even take it to the loo! I go to the bar myself or a trusted friend. Never let anyone buy me a drink that I don't know.

There is a lot of it happening especially in run up to Christmas/Party Season.

You are ok now, don't dwell on 'if'.

And just take care when you are out in future. X

It's never happened to me but do not ever take your eyes off your drink. If I have left my drink and came back to the table, I wouldn't finish it. I'd order a new one.

What you went through is very scary. I'm so glad you are OK! :)

When I was at college I was on the Students Union executive committee. It was only a small place with about 5,000 students and one bar. We had an incident where somebody had their drink spiked one night and had a very similar reaction to you. Fortunately we had amazing student door staff who looked after them.

We made it *very* clear to the student body that if we ever found out who was responsible we would press charges - up to attempted murder if we could. Some said that was a bit harsh ... I asked them when is it OK to poison somebody as that is what had happened.

I am so so pleased your safe and well, and also thank you for sharing this experience - hopefully it will help others think about their and their friends safety when out.

It's happened to me before. I'm always really careful when I go out, I never leave my drink unattended and always keep an eye on my friends as well but the time it happened to me I was at my own home with people I thought I could trust (they were friends of friends, I didn't know them very well but it never crossed my mind to be worried that they would do that).

It was an awful experience and now if we go somewhere I'm an absolute fanatic about our drinks. I'm always telling my best friend off for forgetting about her drink and walking away from it.

I had mine done about 12 years ago. I was out with my bf, his sister and some of their friends. I was drinking vodka cruisers and only had a couple. I was playing pool and put my drink on the table we were all standing at.

I was standing there and thought I started to feel drunk which was unusual as I had a fairly high alcohol tolerance so I went to the toilet to sit down for a few minutes. Next thing I know I wake up a short while later and started to vomit.

I vomited nearly every half hour for 13 hours.

The scary thing was that my bf had left early cause he had to work the next day and the people I was with were friends and their friends. So it had to be someone in the group that did it.

I'm very glad you had your friend there to look after you.

I had an unfortunate yet lucky experience of having my drink spiked. My friend and I were having a girly night out (just the 2 of us) and obviously having a few drinks. We both have quite high alcohol tolerances but after just a couple of drinks we were out of it. I don;t remember hardly being out as we were only there a short time and the next thing I remember was being in the back of a car with 3 men and my friend. They told us we were in a taxi on the way home. Next thing I know my friend said she was going to be sick so I asked them to stop but was told they cant because we were on a motorway...there is no motorway between town and either of our houses...
Needless to say I became slightly hysterical and I think the driver thought better of it when my friend was sick in the foot well and all over the blokes next to hers legs and shoes. He stopped the car and we got out on the side of the motor way.
We were lucky that a traffic officer pulled up to see what was happening, turns out it wasn't a taxi and the guys fled as soon as the TOs turned up. They looked after us and very attractively wrapped us in silver blankets until my other half arrived. He hasn't let me out on my own with the girls since and to be honest I don't think I've ever got over it enough to have a boozy night out without someone who can look after me being there.

Sorry...that went on a bit didn't it. I was lucky and would never risk puttig myself in that situation again. I always drink out of bottles now as I think I can keep my hand over the bottle more easily.

Kxx

yes I have too.

went out for a wednesday drink for someone's birthday, just 3 of us and one (thankfully) was driving.

was in a wetherspoons and had a couple of glasses of wine. Next thing I know me and my friend are giving it large on an empty dancefloor.

got home, took all my clothes off and sat on the backdoor step inbetween the house and outside hyperventaliting for an hour and not sure if I was sick.

we both had bad hangovers the next day, my friend couldn't lift her head off the pillow.

thankfully our friend was driving and got us home OK.

Last christmas I was out and had a jug of cocktails and we saw someone rub his fingers over it, so I gave him the jug and told him to drink it himself.

Yes Kathryn this has happened to me a few years ago and to two friends while I was with them.
I ended up taking one of my friends to A&E, where she spent the night. She felt ill for days afterwards.
My other friend, afetr I left her home to her boyfriend, tried to climb out her window- she lived on the 4th floor- terrifying. She didn't recognise her boyfriend and eventually cried herself to sleep. She was really down and paranoid for about a week after, it was horrible for her.

I hope you feel better soon hun, it's awful that this happens but thank God nothing else happened to you and you'll know to be extra careful now.
xo :hug:

Hi glad ur ok .yes it happened to me I had given birth to my daughter who was very premature and was in hospital she was bout 2 mnths old by this point I had got home from hospital after goin to c her been there for bout 12 hours my friend rang and asked if I would like to meet up at a friends house to have a little break I said yes but I wasn't going to drink coz I was expressing my milk to take to hospital every day so I got there they were drinking there was a mixture of some lads and girls that I knew I was drinking juice i got up and went to the toilet I got back drank my drink coz they said they were moving on I stood up the room starting to spin I remember walking down the stairs to get out and aft a that nothing I went out at 8.30 and didn't get home till 6.30 the next morning I was covered in mud lost my handbag and very suspiciously sum1had posted my mobile through my dads door at 4.30 in the morning someone I knew very well did this to me and one of the lads I don't know wot happened to me and I really woulnt like to know the lad I left with was questioned by my dad he denied even seeing me even though I was in the same house so we know who did it so it docent just happen with alcohol it can happen with juice.scary stuff xxx

I had my drink spiked 2 christmas's ago I left the club to get a taxi and from then I couldnt remember anything at the time from shock. but I was jumped/attacked and lost my wallet with my weeks wages in. I made my way to the salon I worked at and slept on the doorstep to be woken up by the owner on the Saturday morning. Vile Christmas that was.

Yup. Went to a weekender just for the sat as I had a gig the next day. Had one drink at 7pm then was on water for the rest of the night. However at one point I stupidly left my glass of water by the entrance as the bouncers wouldn't let us take our drinks outside. Went to get changed, came back a while later, picked up my drink and carried on my night. Then at about 2-3am I started feeling strange....like very drunk and my arms were feeling most bizarre. Then I started throwing up for the next 12 hours every 20-30 mins. I had nowhere to stay but luckily some girl who I'd been introduced to that night took pity on me and gave me her bed for the night. I barely slept from having my head on the side of the loo (!) and had to drive back from great yarmouth to Kent the next morning, still throwing up in a shoe box on my lap (couldn't pull over on the country roads). I kept having to stop to sleep as I kept falling asleep at the wheel. It took me 6 hours to get back instead of 3. God knows how I done that gig that night. And it was our debut gig so I couldn't even cancel!!

I defo learnt my lesson that night.....very scary.

Hey everyone, thanku all so much for sharing I cannot believe it has happened to so many people!!!
I am def going to be more careful my last memory is buying my Drink at the bar i vaguely remember a group of fellas chatting I drank my drink with friends ... And then thats it next thing waking up in my friends house the 1st thing I said was why are we here ? Cause I thought it was still night time very odd today is the first day I feel myself again,

But everyone be very careful in the run up to Christmas !!! You cannot trust anyone

Kathryn xox

Oh my goodness!!!! Am so sorry you went through this, very scary!! Glad you are safe, keep it that way, NEVER leave your drinks unattended and always hold your glass/bottle with hand or finger over the top! xx

It's scary how common this is!! But, yeah this happened to myself and a friend on a night out, we had two drinks and neither of us can remember anything from that point :confused: Luckily it was my older brothers birthday so there was plenty of close friends/family there to keep us right! The next few days were horrible!! So I really hope you feel better soon! xx

It happened to me and a firend about 7 years ago now. I'm not a big drinker, in fact I don't really drink at all now, so I knew something was wrong when it happened. Me and my friend both couldn't remember anything past the same point. I still don't know how we managed to both get home safely as we live at opposite ends on the city. I woke up covered in bruises and I have no idea where they came from and I spent the whole day throwing up in work and my friend called to say that she had been the same. It was quite scary. I've been extra careful ever since.

Yes me almost 2 years ago in Tiger Tiger

I was fine 1 min went to the loo & just collapsed. Everything went real numb couldnt talk or anything to draw attention to myself. I went out clubbing with my gay best friend & i could hear him loads of times send different girls into the loo asking them to call me, which they were but i could not repsond

I was in the loo for 1hr 45 mins & bouncers then came in.. It was awful in my head everything was clear but not being able to move or speak

I was taken to hospital & was told that the only way to be 100% was for a blood test but even the doctors at the hospital said id had it spiked from how i explained what happened, Id hardly drunk anything either

This happened to one of my friends too. Three of us were out, but my friend (L) wasn't really drinking much as she's normally the driver and isn't a big drinker. She'd had 1 drink, 2 drinks absolute max but suddenly L was slumped all over the bar like she'd be necking vodkas all night. A bloke was there trying to get off with her so I went mental at him but he denied everything. We then left the bar and walked home as no one would pick us up as L kept throwing up. She was sick all the way home and when we got back to mine.
In the morning she said she couldn't remember anything past 10pm! I was ready to go to the police all guns blazing with a description of the guy but she was really embarassed and just wanted to forget about it.
Scary how common this is and also how similar these stories are.

Latest posts

Back