Has anyone lost their salon to redevelopment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
My town is having a major redevelopment. I received a letter this morning from the investors saying they have been in contact with my landlady about acquiring the building. They want to demolish it to make way for the new plans. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so can you tell me how it panned out?
I have to go to a meeting next week. I can't believe it. I've just bloody decorated four of the rooms. I've had such a bad year and this is the last thing I need. I just feel like packing it all in :(

oh my lord!

This has never happened to me business wise but a few years ago my mum was forced to sell her house to the council for re development purposes. She looked into fighting it as the house had been in the family for such a long time but to no avail.

I really feel for you honey, the only positive I can think of it that these things do take time and so it won't happen over night but if they want the building, they will get it x

:hug: Sending positive vibes! Right my buisness head is telling me this is not fair and you may be awarded either compensation/relocation. Either way by the sounds of it, they're gona try and bulldose to get thier way.
1- call insurance- ask for thier solicitors
2 get number of solicitor- explain situation- hopefully they can argue your case for you.
3- draw up how much you've spent- on this building.
4- draw up accounts of expense/profit
5-client information- you may be a small or massive business but if you lose earning due to this reloaction/empolyees.
6- if the relocation/ lease on building is brought out or whether you will have the new area at smaller fee if you agree....negiotate.

Its about being prepared to bulldoze them! hths xoxo

I can't offer advice but sending empathy!

A town shopping precint next to my town is currently being bulldozed. It has taken about 7 years from them first having it approved to them finally getting it done. The remaining 3 tennants fought snd fought and it really dragged on. I say this because I'm really happy it's gone but I would guess time will be on your side, especially if you're a viable business. These things take ages and ages. Good luck.

just to add, my mum did get compensation for having to move as well as money for the house and she got all her removal expenses paid.

So maybe seeing a solicitor to at least make sure you get all your expenses covered is not such a bad idea x

I have known this happen to someone and they got a lot of money from it!! If you're still in a contract lease and your landlord wants to sell (not a compulsory order) they will have to pay to get you out. Get yourself a good solicitor !!!

Do you have a lease Angelina? I would be inclined to have half an hour with a solicitor to discuss what you can do. Your landlord will be compensated for this and so should you. It must be devastating for you x

Latest posts

Back