Has anyone worked for massage beach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanya H

Reaction score
Hello Sg,

Just wondering if anyone has worked for massage beach before they are in Marbella and Ibiza and I think its kind of like a mobile company, they have vananices for jobs this summer in Marbella and im interested in going, Just wondered if anyone could give more info if they have worked for them in the past or had treatments by them before.

:):):)

Can't help you I'm afraid but sounds fab, go for it!

I just got of the phone to them and this is bascially a run down please let me no your opinion I could really do with some advise as well.

I would be self employed as I am already so shouldnt make a difference.

Pay for my own flights to Marbella

Pay for my accomadation is a nice appartment for around 350 euros a month, sharing with about 2 other girls.

Will either be working at a fixed venue such as budda beach taking home 30% of my earnings, I would be offering people massages and beauty treatments and would have a bed set up there for me to do treatments.

Or working at nights in various clubs were I would be offering a euro a minute massage with a minium of 10 minutes , so 10 euros a minute really on a 40 or 50% takings.

Then would also if offering clients a mobile service were I go to there hotel and do them treatments , with transport supplied by the company on a 40% takings.

All equipment is supplied as well as uniform , they have a company insurence policy and I would have to pay to be added on to that not sure of the price.

At the monent I think it would be a good way to spend the summer and earn some money, but am just to sure about how much I would earn and how busy I would be.
:|

Sounds like a lot of risk for you and no investment from them... That being said a euro a minute massage for 10 minutes would be 10 euros per massage. So you would have to do 70 of these 10 minute massages just to cover your rent if you were giving 50% back to the company.

Let's say you want £300 spending money to eat and go out you would need to do 120 massages a month. You'd probably need more as Marbella isn't cheap and the temptation to go out would be great!

So that's 30, 10 minute massages a week. So 6 a night if you work 5 nights. It's manageable if the business is there.

Also how do they tax you on your earnings?

Last edited:
I think you need to do more research and try and speak to someone who has done this job. You need to think about your safety and security too. Going to hotels for appointments? You just don't know what you will find there or what you may be asked to do by the client!! It just doesn't sound professional to me, but hey that's my opinion but certainly won't be everyones I am sure, that's what good about this forum you can see all opinions. Xx

Just wanted to add that I'm not sure how ethical it is to massage people in clubs as alcohol consumption is a contraindications! But i know loads of companies do this. They have a website
Massage Beach - Welcome

Last edited:
10 minutes is the minium for the euro a minute massage , so if someone wanted 30 minutes then it would be 30 euros ect. Although Im not to keen on doing massages on drunk people in nightclubs although I think maybe I could earn quite a bit doing this, weather it would be enjoyable or not i really dont no.
She said to me that she would pay me cash and that I can still work as self employed??? Not sure how that works in Spain I would have to ring up the self employment help line to see what they said.
I like the sound of doing the venues on a more perm basis though on a 30% takings , the massages range from 40 euros up to 100.
Doing the mobile side of things I would of booked in the treatments myself so the clients would no there would no funny business going on lol

this is the web address please have a look and let me know what you think?

Massage Beach - Welcome

I just can't see someone spending more than 10 euros on a massage in a club! I'm guessing they want you to be self employed and to give you cash in hand as they don't want to deal with the tax implications!

She said that they used to employ people but they starting to take the p@ss taking lots of sick days ect, Im not sure how If im self employed here how it would work in Spain very confusing. I really want to work aboard this summer I did Italy last year and really enjoyed but am not having much luck this year :( I even thinking of packing up here and going to Aus for a year or too!!! Am confused at the mo.

Last edited:
Thanks for that hun and for your replies, too be honest I think its too much hassels for what its worth, I wouldnt mind if they were paying for my flights and at least a bit of my accomadtion. Im gonna have a good think about it.
:confused:

Hmmmm, I don't like the sound of this:( They want an AWFUL lot from you without much reward. I'm amazed that they are not at least offering you help with flights or accommodation. It is a hard sell and you are expected to work very hard for not much in return. IF and it is a big IF you get business in night clubs - is that the right place to do massage? As mentioned above, it is not good doing treatments on people who've had too much to drink!

it looks to me that the company is the only winner here - don't get sucked in with the website hype.

I dont mean to offend anyone here and I could be way off the mark but going to peoples hotels to do massage and going to clubs seems really dodgy to me, ie- are you sure thats the actual 'service' your expected to provide?
I wouldnt take the risk x x

Personally I think 30 % is not much to take home if you've got to spend on accomodation, food, etc..and there's no telling how busy (or not!) you may be, so what happens if you don't make enough money to cover your rent, let alone food. Sorry to be a bit old fashioned, but giving massages in nightclubs and going to clients hotel rooms sounds VERY dodgy to me! Not quite the image I would want to be associated with, but perhaps its just me...? Accomodation might just be sharing a small room in a scummy flat too! Any chance you could have a short holiday there yourself to see what goes on if you cant find anyone who has actually worked for them? Might be an expensive way of research but might save you a lot of heartache in the long run..Good luck anyway..x

hairandbeautyjobs, hairdressing jobs, spa managers, beauty therapist recruitment, beautyjobs

Have a look at this website there are also other sites that are advertising for therapists etc.You could maybe even apply for the cruise ships via Steiner or Harding brothers depanding on your qualifications and experience.
I too really do not like the idea of this.It doesnt sound like a very good deal to me.

There is another company called pamper by the pool which are in corsica and Majorca you caould have a look at them too

Last edited:
I am also sceptical. Speaking as a mum, I wouldn't want my daughter(s) working in this kind of set up. The website looks very professional but that can easily be achieved. It looks as though they are aiming at the corporate market and ladies in particular but a nightclub and hotels, I'm not so sure.

You could try contacting them again and ask for a couple of girls contact numbers and obtain their view on it all. They may decline and could even just get friends to give good references about the business.

I like the idea of Australia, go for that. I took a sneak peak at your website and you have some lovely skills to take with you.

My advice, be safe, there are other options open for you, just need to find them.

Good luck

It does sound a bit dodgy to be fair. If your paying for all your stuff yourself, you could do the massage off your own back and pocket all of the money yourself. They should at the very least pay your flights and give you accommodation, even if it was a shares house or something.

Is sounds too dodgy to be honest with you. Apart from all the massages in nightclubs. The reason they will pay you cash in hand is because if you worked there legally you would have to get an NIE number ( Numero Identificacion Extranejero) and they would have to pay taxes. If they havn't mentioned this NIE card to you, you can bet anything that they are not declaring their earnings. I don't think everything is above board here. I worked abroad in spain, doing something different, but still had to have an NIE number. hth

As for the rent even though it is in the Marbella area at 350 euros per girl staying there sounds a little steep to me. I had a brand new 3 bedroom apartment and it cost me 330 euros a month. Could be that they are renting the apartments to you and taking a little extra for themselves? Also don't be fooled that food and drink are cheap there! its 3.50 for a bottle of water!!

Hi there, just thought I would add something. Rentals in Marbella/Puerto Banus are very high, so 350€ seems about right. To work here self employed you would need to get your NIE number (to allow you to work legally) being self employed you would have to pay your social security which I think the minimum per month is 320€ (although I know quite few don't bother, but you then run the risk of being caught, as they do checks) and finally I notice their website says that they are sales and target driven, so are they saying that if you don't hit your targets, they get rid of you? The past few seasons here have been VERY quiet, and as the pound/euro exchange is rubbish, the few tourists that are here are not spending. Going out in Puerto Banus/Marbella, you are looking at about 15€ for a mixer:eek: and don't think about eating out in those areas :lol: Sorry if I seem as if I am trying to pour cold water on your dreams, I am not, I am not just trying to help you get things in perspective. Good luck with your decisions and I hope it works out for you:hug:

Latest posts

Back