Has the Recession made us Killjoys...or were we always this miserable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter does Ann Summers and they have an inflatable man called Roger moore.Google him and you can see how lovely and handsome he is and he is fully equipped.

Because she only has a two seater and not much boot he is always left inflated and when she goes to parties he is strapped into her front seat.Which is bad enough when she is parked outside and has left him in there after a party.

As a family we do things to him and dress him up etc just because it makes us laugh and we also don't really notice him anymore.

I dressed him up the other day and we had a laugh and then he was stuck in the dog bed and that's where he stayed.Well I had the insurance assessor in the other day and it wasn't till after he had gone we all wondered what he made of roger Moore in all his glory,wearing stockings,a thong and a boob tube sitting up in the dogs bed.

Last edited:
I have a random one just had my partner install a bird box right at the side of our bedroom window as I have seen a couple of birds looking for somewhere to nest :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Aww thats so lovely...... but they're gunna drive you mental cheep cheeping lol xx

I'm on here most days too but I'm a lurker :) id love to join in more xx

My daughter does Ann Summers and they have an inflatable man called Roger moore.Google him and you can see how lovely and handsome he is and he is fully equipped.

Because she only has a two seater and no boot he is always left inflated and when she goes to parties he is strapped into her front seat.Which is bad enough when she is parked outside and has left him in there after a party.

As a family we do things to him and dress him up etc just because it makes us laugh and we also don't really notice him anymore.

I dressed him up the other day and we had a laugh and then he was stuck in the dog bed and that's where he stayed.Well I had the insurance assessor in the other day and it wasn't till after he had gone we all wondered what he made of roger Moore in all his glory,wearing stockings,a thong and a boob tube sitting up in the dogs bed.

Pahahahaha!!

I bought a nail trainer last week, and my brother thought it was hilarious so he set it up giving the middle digit. Anyway we left and i forgot all about it, until my next client came in and was faced with this hand. Thankfully she's a friend out with work, and she nearly peed her pants laughing. Mortified.com ! Xx

Aww thats so lovely...... but they're gunna drive you mental cheep cheeping lol xx

Lol I know that's what my neighbor said but I hear all the bird in the morning anyway and it will be so cute if we get some watching them go in and out feeding the chicks ,but im not sure if im a bit late in the season hopefully :-D

It will give the window cleaners something to do :-D

Good thinking.Putting more people in work to beat the recession.

Lol I know that's what my neighbor said but I hear all the bird in the morning anyway and it will be so cute if we get some watching them go in and out feeding the chicks ,but im not sure if im a bit late in the season hopefully :-D

We put up a nest box last year and still no birdies :( hope you have more luck. My wee boys nursery has chickens, the kids look after them, and they have successfully hatched 3 eggs! The baby chicks are too cute!!! Xx

We put up a nest box last year and still no birdies :( hope you have more luck. My wee boys nursery has chickens, the kids look after them, and they have successfully hatched 3 eggs! The baby chicks are too cute!!! Xx

This is one of the things I remember from when I was at nursery having chicks , I hope we will I feed the birds and watch them when im having my lunch so I know there are plenty in my area although we are in the city :-D

I used to post a lot but not so much these days.
I still check-in most days but it's not the same any more.
A lot of people whose opinions I respected, have disappeared.
There's a lot of drivel on here. People seem to be short-tempered lately as well.
There's a lot of threads being closed, some for no apparent reason.
I really don't mind the repetitive posts. I remember being new and so excited to find this site that I started posting questions and not using the search button. I didn't read the rules :o
Rudeness is one of my pet peeves and there seems to be a lot on here lately,some from people who should know better.
It's still a great learning resource though.
I still answer questions when I can and I hope that I help a few people.
I am busy as well and have other things going on. I'd like to think I will be more active again but for now I'm not feeling the love!
I might feel differently in a couple of months, who knows!

I used to post a lot but not so much these days.
I still check-in most days but it's not the same any more.
A lot of people whose opinions I respected, have disappeared.
There's a lot of drivel on here. People seem to be short-tempered lately as well.
There's a lot of threads being closed, some for no apparent reason.
I really don't mind the repetitive posts. I remember being new and so excited to find this site that I started posting questions and not using the search button. I didn't read the rules :o
Rudeness is one of my pet peeves and there seems to be a lot on here lately,some from people who should know better.
It's still a great learning resource though.
I still answer questions when I can and I hope that I help a few people.
I am busy as well and have other things going on. I'd like to think I will be more active again but for now I'm not feeling the love!
I might feel differently in a couple of months, who knows!

hi Angelina, when the threads are closed, often a lot of posts are deleted too, this is why it seems to have no apparent reason and can sometimes leave 'good guys' sounding a bit mean as the comment which fuelled their frustration has been removed.:D

Regarding closures, Penners is right argumentative posts between geeks that have no bearing on the thread topic usually get taken out...as 2 pages or so of off topic bickering really ruins a thread, but all offending parties posts will be removed. This is because it makes a professional forum look unprofessional.

That said, unless completely offensive I am now of a mind to leave things like that,then geeks can see the true colours of everyone and not the image usually presented, after all these posts mainly happen late at night and early morning...the cold light of day makes everything look a bit different ;)

Which does tie in with this thread which is fundamentally about getting to know your fellow geeks....so maybe that should be warts and all !

Then again Angelina221 you said you don't like to see rudeness on the boards :rolleyes: mmmmm!

As for you not posting much these days Angelina221 there is nothing wrong with going for quality rather than quantity, and I have found your most recent posts very informative and helpful.

I try and post helpful advice when I can as when I was new I'd post silly questions all the time so now it's my time to give something back.
The repetitive posts don't bother me, I try to just post a link to a good thread that will help, only takes a second and to be honest, when you're new even if you use the search button there's are always about 30 pages come up so I don't think it hurts us picking out the best ones for newbies.

I have to admit I do panic if I start a new thread. I wonder if I will get torn apart or if anyone will even answer me :(

But generally people are so helpful, some like baggy bear and Kim lawless are always quick to reply if you have a panic and need a quick answer and I always appreciate that. And Lynn Baker with her amazing threads that really make us think and encourage the business side of us. In fact too many amazing geeks to name.

I try to keep my opinions to myself but sometimes I just can't help it lol xx

I have been on this site for a couple of years now an have to say its addictive!
I have found it quite difficult to learn the rules and I feel there are a lot of rules (say in comparison to the ease of fb) but slowly am getting there. Also, I predominantly use my iPhone and there are so many thing you can't do using the app, like heart someone, pm them or use the little emotions.
When I first joined, there were mainly experienced nail techs and beauty therapists using the site so the topics were conversations flowing from quite a niche, like minded group of people of whom personally I found very informative and interesting. Now salon geek has exploded! There are many hair geeks who are always fun and controversial, I love reading their posts as they don't hold back. There are also a lot more inexperienced therapists and nail techs and people dabbling in the industry.
I think we just need to accept that the site will evolve and change and we must go with it!
I have taken much valuable information from this site and read a lot of rubbish that frustrates me too!
That's why I love it!!

I like Geek for what it is a Salon industry forum and I think that's why I've been here so long and I shall continue to be here to support it as I think it is invaluable,especially nowadays when so much of the training is so awful.

I think in the years I've been here I've only clashed enough for it to really get my goat once and she was eventually banned and seemed to clash with everyone.

Otherwise I would say I might have had some heated discussions or debates often with people I respect and I'm arguing with one opinion of theirs not them as a person and I quite enjoy it at times.
If things start to get stupid with insults and name calling I would just step out.

I don't think any argument or person on here could make me leave the Geek or risk getting banned because I would be cutting my nose off to spite my face.Geek would carry on,id be forgotten and I wouldn't be able to be a part of it.Id have to lurk anonymously.Or join again pretending to be someone else.:D

I don't know if anyone else does this...
But if I'm replying to a post I completely disagree with or has annoyed me, whilst I'm typing my non aggressive, open minded reply I always put on my most patronising face as it makes me feel that little bit smug lol
I also do this when inthe phone or texting client lol xx

But if I'm replying to a post I completely disagree with or has annoyed me, whilst I'm typing my non aggressive, open minded reply I always put on my most patronising face as it makes me feel that little bit smug lol

Haha yes all the time xx

Lol...that's why I can never use FaceTime on my phone :)

When posting though, by the time I spellcheck, edit out all the predictive text, reread and edit again, my mood has mellowed somewhat......although by that time 3 other posts saying what I started out saying will already have been posted ;)

Latest posts

Back