Have I bought a rubbish kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie..

Reaction score
I havent completed my nail course yet but will be doing my acyrlic & gel conversion courses shortly, basically whilst abroad a family member who had bought all her kit for her new business venture before moving to Spain offered me her kit for £280 which is more than £900 worth, her words after a too late research I've found that the bran 'the edge' which is all the acrylic and the he gel is actually uv rio gel which is Argos stuff LOLnow there's absolutely loads of scissors silk fibreglass wraps orange sticks bottles of lotions and potions and a three tier pink case. Have I been robe or can I learn with the edge stuff? Never mind the uv light and gel nails I'll call that a loss sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm currently being climbed over by my one year old :) x

Hi,

I am not a fan of the Edge products as the one that i had to use for my training wasn't soak off.
I had to purchase that kit in order to do the course and leave with a qualification recognised by BABTAC.

After that i got rid of the kit and bought all new gel polish and a better LED Lamp.

The Edge in my opinion is not good.
hope that helps.

I have not personally used that brand. but I do notice here that a lot of geeks train with it, then imediately change brands after they complete their courses.

It's not the greatest.
The fiberglass and silk products are better than their gel products.
You'd be surprised how much it starts to add up, I managed to spend over £200 on not much the other day, look at it as a start to your kit and practice tools, you'll soon find the brand you like!

Htg x

Thanks for the replys ladies, As long as I can learn and practise with it I don't mind I suppose if I can master it with a not very rated product I should be laughing with better products! Famous last words I bet! I'm more annoyed about the uv light which was 'proffesional quality' then it's in Argos hmphx

Latest posts

Back