Salon Shouldnt be allowed to be open!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
ok so i was really excited about my interview today but omg it was herrendous!.. theyve been open two weeks havnt advertised anywhere she was asking me about prices for her price list and i asked her if she had an open day for the salon and she said no, i dont even know if i have the job she was saying to me bring all your clients here, i had to ask another employee if i was even working, and asked her about pay she was like i dont know maybe 50/50 you bring all ur clients here or maybe £6 an hour..

i also had to keep telling her things about me as she just wasnt interested i said i wasnt confident in waxing as i havent done it since leaving college and she said dont worry were let the other therapist do it and u can watch and gain experience, so someone rings up for a full leg wax and eyebrow at 3 and im going home at 4... once again had to remind her i wasnt cofortable as i wanted it to be a good job on a paying client so she had a moan up about that, and was like i cant afford to turn away paying clients, then she booked me in for a massage next week,... still not knowing if i even had the job as she didnt say, then i had to remind her that i was away on that day so she moaned at me then sayin well why didnt u say before.. trust me it gets worse!

as soon as i arrived she was like theres an eyebrow shape waiting for you which kind of threw me off guard but i was fine with it the lady came in i had to trim the hair and was given these tweezers which looked like they had seen better days i was looking around for some sort of steriliser but nothing! the scissors were stiff could just about open them any who the lady was pleased and gave me a £2 tip....

while there was no one in the salon she took me and the other member of staff to the tanning room wich is smaller than my airing cupboard, and said im having problems with my equipment theres too much solution comin out what do i do?? so i told her the nozzle was turned up to high and when i asked what system it was she told me she didnt know she bought it from ebay!! and i looked at the solution in the pot which was green! and told her she couldnt use this and she asked why i said becaused it has gone off!..

then i was sitting at her nail station and was looking at the products they had chinese writing on her gel stuff which was obv bought from ebay aswel and her nail polish sets where collection 2000 which u can buy from superdrug and her uv lamp was rio... i was so embarrassed a lady came in for a manicure and paint and asked where could she dry her nails and she replied blow them, and then the lady said do u recon i can have a top coat so they dont chip so she tried to dry them under the uv lamp!!! so unprofessional and i recommened she by a fan or a hand dryer...

she was asking me about eyelash extensions and i told her i charge £50 for a full set and so she gets a bit of white paper writes on it in black felt tip EYELASH EXTENSIONS 49.99 and stuck i to the window with celotape not havin a kit or anything ppl were asking her about it and she was like ask my beauty therapist so embarrassed!!

the man that was working there kept saying to me im so sorry about all this and me and him put our jackets on because we were so cold she turned all the heating and that off sat at the cashier and stared out the window because she was pissed off that someone had done a runner with all her flyers that she asked to give out...

overall the worst day of my life and i feel like i want to report the salon!!
health and safety awful..communication skills awful, unorganised and cheap crappy products being used
i wont be going back would u report it? i actually feel bad for them being open and not havin a clue what to do and at the end of the day i got told that she had qualified in gel nails in poland come to england and opened a salon hasnt got a clue about any other treatment or how to run a salon, im still in shock!!!!!:eek:

Not sure about the lack of hygiene but it is not illegal to use rubbish products. Best wait and work in a salon that you are proud to be part of.

im just a little bit shocked how someone can open a salon not knowing anything about her products or what shes using, it werent just about crappy products it had gone off, and there was no sign of sterilising she also said to the hairdresser that he would have to do the eyebrow wax on a client tomorrow as there was no one else to do it, and he said to her no that he wasnt trained and didnt even no where to start, then asked me if she was joking..urm i dont think so lol ive never worked in a salon before and im pretty sure most salons werent like this one hope not anyways:irked:

Sounds to me as if you've got the job already!!!!!!!

If that's the case then you need to have a serious think about whether you want to take it and then let the salon owner know.
There's a huge lack of communication going on here from her (amongst other things lol)

Good luck :D

lol i dont think ill be taking the job! x

OMG this sounds so dodgy! I am really shocked something like this exists!
If I were you I would definately not take this job, not contact her again or answer calls from her. Did she think about insurance when she asked you to perform treatments on a paying client? I guess not.
There was probably a huge lack of communication from her side. How on earth does she expect her salon to be successfull like this? I am truly shocked.

This made me laugh and then I felt sad as it's so shocking, she won't last long! Poor you, sounds like a complete joke of a salon. I would report her to the local council and health and safety! Clients are at risk if there is no hygiene practice.

She didn't ask me anything! I don't think she cared to b honest it was al about the money, although I've done my massage course I won't be insured to perform it until I've finished my anatomy an physiology so she went and booked me in for a massage next week although I told her this, it was the worst day of my life, I didn't know weather to text her now or just ignore the Phone calls ect? Xx

That sounds awful... parts of it even familiar :lol:

I dont think you should ignore her calls, I think you should tell her straight what you think and why you will not be taking the job. She has her eyes firmly shut so it may help her just a little to be told its all wrong.
Then I think you should direct her here where she can learn an awful lot if she chooses to. :hug:

That doesn't surprise me at all. There are all sorts of people running businesses these days who don't have a clue what they are doing. Either came into money with a bit of luck or have gotten someone else to do their business plan for them. These type of businesses don't usually last.
Beauty salons survive due to repeat clients not one off service or sale with an unhappy customer. I understand jobs are scarce and you need to make a living as well as gaining experience but you don't want to pick up bad habits or a bad reputation either.

I'd think twice about working there to be honest, you may get a bad reputation by association

Oh good Lord, this sounds like a 'salon' I once had the misfortune to work in :eek: You didn't come via Ayrshire, did you? :lol:

She had a doorbell in the back so I'd be with a client, or have gone to eat my lunch and she'd be pressing the bell like a lunatic - even during a massage or facial with the client there trying to relax. If I was out, she'd ring my phone constantly. I ended up going next door and eating my lunch with the guys who worked there - the shop was so cavernous that there was no signal in the back. She used to smoke in the back too (after it had been made illegal). She had a shop in the front that sold make-up, old bags and shoes, costume jewellery tiaras, etc and she'd follow everyone around incase they stole from her. She used to press the buzzer - seconds after I had passed the door to see where I was.

She'd come and adjust my wax pot (and other products) when I wasn't looking so it was either boiling hot or rock hard. She didn't do non-strip, she didn't have an entire nail system - what she did have was pieced together from different bits she'd picked up.

I'd end up sitting outside the shop from before nine till after one pm - she'd rock in late cos she'd be up all night drinking, taking drugs and buying stock from ebay. After a few weeks, she gave me a key.

She was a tyrant with a very high staff turnover. Because she'd smoke through the back, the environmental health were informed, she'd run through and start wafting stuff around to hide the smell and hide her cigarettes in the bread bin, then tell the EHO that he couldn't look in there because she'd put her stockings in it!? The fridge was VILE too, everything was covered in mold and months out of date.

I found out when I left that she'd be dealing drugs through the back when she took the dodgy friends through.

Oh, and she used to bring her monkeys in too :eek:

Ye exactly I don't wanna get bad reputation it's local to where I live, I wouldn't want to work for someone like that anyways she's completely clueless the other member of staff said that he thinks she wants to get everyone in and run her business while she sits at home!

Wow linzi that sounds awful aswel! I'm still a little in shock of the experience I had today being my first experience in a salon! Xx

DONT DO IT............... u are a professional ........... and u get seen in there reps stick and it only takes one unhappy client to say to others also from sounds of it health and safety wont be far behind shuttin it down outcome never to work again im sure

Oh dear, some parts of this sound like where i used to work too, especially the cold thing. No heating and no hot water. Ever!! Glad to hear your keeping away i think youve had a lucky escape. Hope your next experience is much better dont let this one disturb you too much :) xx

OMG that salon sounds terrible iv had my fair share of nightmares in Ayrshire to really gets to u x

Latest posts

Back