Have you ever found yourself slacking off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mely-bely

Reaction score
I have to admit, and this is very humbling for me, that I have been doing a bit of slacking lately. What I mean is several of my clients have had lifting lately and it comes back to being my fault.

I had to suck it up and admit to myself and to them that I wasn't spending enough time on my prep, and I had left cuticle on the nail bed, causing of course, lifting.

I guess it just goes to show me that I must always be diligent, and to never, ever forget my client comes first; if I want to be one of the best I must always perform to the highest standards taught to me.

Crow doesn't taste very good and I have no intention of eating it again any time soon!

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I think it happens to most people, you want to save some time and start cutting corners or you kind of get into a humdrum of the everyday monotony. A great way to keep it from happening is to hit a class or show every few months. Also a basics class once a year to be sure your core basics are still on track and like you mentioned, you haven't slacked off and forgotten steps! Kudos to you for inspiring yourself!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone taught me once to treat every part of any job as a job in itself. So every stage becomes a complete job that needs to be done perfectly. I know it sounds silly but it really works and you tend not to think that you are just doing infills or whatever and you have pride in how you filed and did your prep and sanitation. Bit of a psychological thing but it works for me!

Love

Sheila :rolleyes:

Someone taught me once to treat every part of any job as a job in itself. So every stage becomes a complete job that needs to be done perfectly. I know it sounds silly but it really works and you tend not to think that you are just doing infills or whatever and you have pride in how you filed and did your prep and sanitation. Bit of a psychological thing but it works for me!

Love

Sheila :rolleyes:

Who ever gave it to you this is anything but silly and in fact excellent advice .......... I really like it and it is absolutley true.

Treat every part of any job as a job in itself!!

Try not to be so hard on yourself, you have recognised where you have gone wrong, focus on making it right which you will and forget anything thats negative, its history :)

anne xx

Thanks Sheila for that, I am going to steel that quote, it is fantastic and add it to my "great quotes" list.
Treat every part of any job as a job in itself!!:idea::idea:

The only time I have "fallen over" is when I thought I new better and tried to reinvent the wheel, cut corners for speed, only to find out that the short cut takes you along a really bumpy road, which takes more time in the end.
Go figure!!
Mely-bely, glad to hear you are back with more enthusiasm.:hug:

Ha ha ha!! I know what that is like. The best thing about growing older is humility. You realise that when you are told something by experts you should pay attention! I too went through my earlier years thinking that I could do things in an easier and quicker way! How wrong I was! I just ended up correcting mistakes on the next service and taking even longer to do so and on top of that you have a client who is losing confidence in you.

I am so pleased that this has made sense to you and honestly it really works! It also works with anything you want to do, cooking, diy, and gardening and originates from the Shaker traditions connected with their growing of vegetables. They believed that you treated the digging of the ground as one job, preparing of the bed, tending of the crops etc. Every job was done perfectly in itself without thinking too soon of the end result. This way they always got the best yield from their crops and nothing got rushed along the way.

Anyway I am rambling now!!

Love

Sheila x :lol:

I've not slacked off from nails as it brings me constant pleasure I have tho given up on the filling and my desk is appaling! I am so ashamed and am logging off to do it now!

Thanks for your support ladies! I think my biggest problem was arrogance. Because of my training and experience - techs come to me with their questions and for trouble shooting as there is very little education here- so I started to believe my own hype and forgot the fundamentals of great prep.

I totally agree - every step is a job and must be performed perfectly to build a beautiful enhancement. I have pulled my head out of my arse and will never again take for granted my education.

I love what I do and strive to always improve - backsliding like that was a huge NO NO and a major wake up call.

Latest posts

Back