Having problems with my buff off gel; should I try a soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hiya,

I currently use NSI balance gel (buff off) and I've had no problems. But recently I have gained some new gel clients that have previously worn soak off gels like bio (nno). I seem to have problems with these clients and my gel. They suffer from breakages. I make sure I am building the structure correctly and I am not working too thin. Tried all the usual ways of trying to prevent breakages.

I know soak off gels are more rubbery than buff off, so I was wondering if this difference made them less prone to breaking? possibly being more flexible??

So I was wondering if it would be worth me trying a soak off gel?

I was thinking of using Akzentz options gel. Many of you guys rave about it and I love the coverage colours. Thing is ..... like most.... I am skint :irked: so I can't really afford the whole start up kit.
So I suppose what else I am asking you is can I just use my prep products and just introduce the options gel?
I use CND cuticle remover, nail pure plus (similar to scrubfresh) & balance bond.

I look forward to your replies,

Jo

Call Karen at Akzentz, she is very helpful and will be able to advise you
Go Shopping

i do think in some cases with clients and breakages it is just that the product and the client dont 'gel' together,lol. if that makes sense.
i think thats its possible that these clients may benefit from you using a soak off gel because i dont know if its true or not about a soak off gel being more flexible than a buff off gel but if it is it could be that the way your clients treat there nails dont suit the buff off gels.
have you tried foning nsi to speak to a nail tech as im sure they could give you some great advice.
i hope you sort this out as its not nice we have problems like this.
good luck.xx

soak off gels are definately more flexible than buff off ones. could be just the thing you need.

Jo,
I'm by no means a gel gal -yet...but using a mixture of different companies products would not really create a stable enhancement would it - certainly not in the case of L&P.
So are your problems maybe stemming from a mixture of products??
I see you use CND cuticle remover & NSI Nail Pure & balance bond, which as a basic to a prep would not seem so bad, however...I have both CND & EzFlow training, but at first I just had to use my CND cuticle remover with my EzFlow enhancements (everything else was EzFlow) and I had loads of problems and lifting.
I understand where you are coming from about being skint though - me too & I'd love to hear what other gel geeks have to say about your query.
Do Akzents not do a trial pack?
Again, I guess with gel, you've the problem of not having the correct UV lamp!
It's always loads more money than you want to spend 'ain't it!!
xxxxx

Thanks for your advice guys. I think it may be worth a try. I'll also give karen a call to see if my lamp and prep is compatible. I know where you are coming from bev about mixing products. But on this occasion i don't think this is my problem. I believe if it was a problem then it would cause problems with lifting (as the product wouldn't adhere), i wouldn't get problems with breakages. There is also the fact that i use this prep routine on everyone, and i only have problems with these new clients. Thanks again x
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll also give karen a call to see if my lamp and prep is compatible.
i would also be interested to know what karen says about this as i was interested in trying akzentz gels..xx

Latest posts

Back