Having trouble getting my website to do well in the search engines!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chatted with the girls in the salon and we are going to pay for a proper domain name ... hopefully it will do the trick! I had a feeling it was that as everything else wsa just as I had done before ... off to get the credit card out AGAIN!!!!

thank you one and all for your help, and it may help others too I hope - you are superstars and why this site it so brill :hug:

edited to add - yay we are now Enhance Beauty let's hope it does the trick!

Last edited:
Well this is just blinking typical!!! :irked: Finally pay to upgrade the site with Freewebs and what happens ... the very next day google not only recognises the Freewebs one but it does pretty damn well up the listings too!!! So best thing to do is to put your website addie in a Salon geek thread and get everyone to click on it. Hey presto ... Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt and you come out number one on google! :rolleyes:

In which case can you all now click on Enhance Health & Beauty | For All Things Nails and Beauty & Benitachell !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I'd never pay anyone to optimize my websites - you can do it yourself! Email me directly and I'll send you an ebook that I have, published by a buddy of mine that works. If you follow her instructions step-by-step, you can't lose, no way. Free is good! love, kelly

you may have got it sussed now Sass, but this might also help - it was written by ...............John Chow
Google DON’Ts

Many sites and blogs talk about what to do to get Google to rank you but very few talk about what not to do. With that in mind I like to present a list of 12 things that you should not do, or Google might get mad at you. And we don’t want that do we? While I have named this posts Google DON’Ts, it really applies to all [COLOR=#005ebf! important][COLOR=#005ebf! important]search [COLOR=#005ebf! important]engines[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
http://www.thetechzone.com/neoads/a...3&source=&dest=http://getfirepow.com/john.php
adlog.php

1. Never Seek Quick Fixes: If a service promises too much, it probably will not deliver any real long-term value. Products that promise millions of unique visitors or services that email millions of “eager” recipients are anything but quick fixes - they are immediate problems. Subscribing to these services usually results in search engine banishment!
2. Avoid Link Farms: Link farms are sites that link to numerous other sites with the hopes of improving page rankings. Beware: link farms spell immediate trouble - so avoid them at all costs! Engines like Google interpret link farms as spam and actually remove participating Web sites from search engine indexes.
3. Avoid Splash Pages: Flash and heavily graphic introductions prohibit engines from crawling your site. Because crawlers work best with [COLOR=#005ebf! important][COLOR=#005ebf! important]text [COLOR=#005ebf! important]links[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], splash pages are very troublesome. A good rule of thumb: always keep your most valuable and compelling information up-front and in text. Bob’s Big Boy (www.bigboy.com) uses a splash page and, as a result, prohibits crawlers from reaching the body of the site.
4. Avoid Frames: Never use pages with frames. Frames are too complex for the crawlers and too cumbersome to index.
5. Avoid Cookies: Never require cookies for Web site access! Search engine crawlers are unable to enter any cookie-required materials; similarly, crawlers are unable to enter or index secure pages (https, password protection, etc).
6. Avoid JavaScript when Possible: Though JavaScript menus are very popular, they disable crawlers from accessing those links. Most, well-indexed [COLOR=#005ebf! important][COLOR=#005ebf! important]Web [COLOR=#005ebf! important]sites[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] incorporate text-based links primarily because they are search engine friendly. If necessary, JavaScript should be referenced externally.
7. Avoid Search-Box Navigation: Never rely on search boxes for site navigation; engine crawlers are incapable of entering text into search boxes and will be unable to find those pages.
8. Avoid Redirects: Search engines frown upon companies that use numerous Web sites to redirect to a single Web site.
9. Avoid Internal Dynamic URLs on the Home page: Though many sites incorporate internal dynamic links, they should not incorporate those links on the home page. Engine crawlers are currently ill-equipped to navigate dynamic links - which often pass numerous parameters using excessive characters.
10. Session ID’s: Do not leave URL session ID’s on for engine crawlers; they will be unable to access and index your site.
11. Eliminate Pop-Up Ads: [COLOR=#005ebf! important][COLOR=#005ebf! important]Search [COLOR=#005ebf! important]engines[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] frown upon pop-up advertisements - especially when they occur on the home page! Eliminating all pop-up ads will win favor with the engines and make your site more crawler friendly.
12. Eliminate Hidden / Invisible Text: Search engines immediately recognize hidden text and consider such practices to be “cheating.”
For more information on natural search best practices, see Google’s Webmaster page.

Find out what I am doing right now by following me on Twitter! If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

if you google - enhance health and beauty costa - your third in line!

if you google - enhance health and beauty costa - your third in line!

Haha we are now second - but it's the freewebs site - can you beleive it!!! I need the other one to come up now! Oh well as long as either way we get business from it I really don't mind!

thank you all once again for your help :hug:

Hi
I do the optimisation for my wesite www.salonlines.co.uk I think that you should use the title (blue bar text) better see how this text changes on each page of our website. This is very crucial to google listings. For example how many people are searching for enhance health and beauty...if the title was:
"Nail salon and Beauty Salon in Benitachel: Enhance Nail and beauty salon"
Use:
"Enhance Nail and beauty salon" on the contact us page with some nice keyword rich text about you
this would rank better for the general keywords nair and beauty salon..than the current one and get more new yet specific traffic.
You should could also consider a very limited adword campain which could be very specific to your geographical area and so cheap to do.
good luck

I'm no expert but have you tried putting a title on the next line below the <head> of your source code? I found after adding a title on my webpage I jumped up quite a few places. Try and repeat words:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back