HD Brows is a hit with Cher Lloyd

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
Viewers of the X Factor might have spotted a difference in Cher Lloyd recently.

The answer lies in a behind-the-scenes makeover in which the lucky 17-year-old contestant met Nilam Patel (pictured with Lloyd), co-director of HD Brows and the X Factor's official 'brow shaper', who helped create a subtle but distinct change in the young singer.

"We gave all the finalists our seven-step celebrity brow treatment, tailoring each contestant's brows according to the shape of their face," said Patel, who worked alongside X Factor Make-up Artist Yasmina Bentiaeb, also a trained HD Brows Shaper. "In Cher's case, her brows were making her look angry and older than her years. We needed to soften her look and frame her face properly."

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 10,664
They were back to looking their previous style when she came to Malvern on Tuesday, thick painted on, jet black and too long for her eye shape.

They look great in this picture but during the VT before she came on to sing Saturday night, it looked like someone had slapped a couple of slugs on her forehead, very funny but not a good look for anyone!

They look great in this picture but during the VT before she came on to sing Saturday night, it looked like someone had slapped a couple of slugs on her forehead, very funny but not a good look for anyone!

I agree I think they looked awful!

Weird looking girl.

Whilst reading the original post I was thinking "they still looked pretty awful on Saturday...."

I thought they looked awful and glad I never did the course!!! Really... Who wants eyebrows Like that? Tinted and shaped of course nicely 'enhanced' .... but totally un natural and black? On her skin tone... Nope not for me !

I was seriously contemplating doing the course next year, but I happened to have an Xmas party on Saturday night for my clients, we had X Factor on in the background and all bar one of the ladies thought all the female contestant's brows were horrendous, so now I'm not so sure I want to fork out that amount of money!
However, I have seen some really nice HD Brows, maybe the X-Factor's MUA was worried that under all the lights etc on the live shows they wouldn't show up & in turn has gone OTT with the black brow pencil!?

anytime iv seen hd brows advertised it says "as seen on what katie did next" now im sorry but id want someone to PAY ME to have to get my brows drawn on like katie price and now cher i mean is this maybe a secret to get people not to get them done or something cos i dont know anyone that would want brows like katie and now cher i seen cher in the sun today doing her going home thing and all i kept thinking was get ur freakin brows fixed girl then i came on here and seen the advert not good :irked:

am i the only one who quite likes them on cher, well on the pic on the enclosed link anyway . really not keen on the what katy did next eyebrows though!

They look great in this picture
Nope, you're not alone on this one! But you have to admit, in the live shows they are ALOT more 'enhanced' or should I say 'defined' :lol:

It looked to me as though someone had been at her with a felt tip.....dreadful!!!

i think hd brows can be great but they are using the WRONG people to promote them i mean cher and katie its the 2 most hated woman on the planet right now xxx

Well people dont know what they are talking about, once again! look at the picture above and they look good, as most will agree.

The makeup artist is going over the top of the HD Brows, with pencil and powder, They mess them up, but as they are the resident team nothing can be done, its what they want for the stage.

I have this first hand, that is why the above picture looks nothing like Saturday night, again facts are wrong.

Oh and as for Kate, her brows are perfect, once again Garry Cockerill is pencilling over them.... if you saw her with no makeup, like she did a few months back on TV you will understand. but again..........................bla bla

Su x

susan as all that people are saying is that its not a very good advertisement of hd brows when they see pics like this. Clients dont understand that the makeup artist as enhanced them further making them look silly, its puts people off having them done making people not want them done.

I have seen from first hand experience that they can look crap! this putting me off further and like i said possibly a badly trained therapist but again it doesnt do the hd brows concept much good in my view

I was told Katie had had semi permanent make up done in America on her brows

I was with Katie price, and have personally worked with her myself. I dont post on this forum often, but can 100% say they were carried out in Milton Keynes by Nilam Patel,(permanent makeup) I was there at the time.

Without added makeup Katie has excellent eyebrows, I would not state this otherwise.

HD brows is an excellent concept, and can really enhance your own shape.

HW

Last edited:
Ok i have done the HD Brows course so i feel i have to comment.
When the brows are done by a HD Brow therapist, then 9 times out of 10 they look great. Obviously every therapist isn't going to be great straight away.
I've not long done the course and to be honest, i'm not very good at them :irked:
I am doing a shadowing day next week to gain a bit more confidence. This is available to all therapists if they need it. They also do trouble shooting days, although you do have to pay a little fee for this.
You can't help what the client does to their brows once they have left your salon!
I did my nephews brows last week and they looked fine, he then went and drew over them with black pencil and they looked awful!
You really have to drum it into the client that they need to let their brows grow into that shape and show them as best as you can, how to draw the brows in.
Don't let this put you off the course though.
Now, those of you that know me, know that i say it how it is.
No, you are not going to learn a new formula or a secret magic trick on the course.
Yes it's a lot of money and for most of you, it involves mostly what you have been doing for years.
What you are paying for is a brand.
Now i haven't advertised at all (only because i want to feel 100% confident before i do). I am however listed on the HD Brows website. I am getting about 1 call a day enquiring about the HD Brows, just from their website.
People want this treatment and are actively seeking out therapists.
So even if you think you are not going to learn anything from it, you are going to get clients just because they want this particular treatment.
If you think it's a lot of money then i honestly think you will make this back in no time.
I personally think that if you want to sell a highbrow (excuse the pun!) brand, then you should use people that will promote it well.
Ok, Cher and Katie Price would not be my choice but after the Katie Price show was aired, therapists received a lot more calls.
At the end of the day you are buying into a brand and just remember, they haven't even officially launched yet either. When they do, which i believe is around June/July time, then the demand will be even higher.

Well people dont know what they are talking about, once again! look at the picture above and they look good, as most will agree.

The makeup artist is going over the top of the HD Brows, with pencil and powder, They mess them up, but as they are the resident team nothing can be done, its what they want for the stage.

I have this first hand, that is why the above picture looks nothing like Saturday night, again facts are wrong.

Oh and as for Kate, her brows are perfect, once again Garry Cockerill is pencilling over them.... if you saw her with no makeup, like she did a few months back on TV you will understand. but again..........................bla bla

Su x

I dont message on here very often these days, and it is as a direct result of people like you.
People are aloud there own opinions!!!!
This is a discussion!!!
Cher and Katy may well have great eyebrows with no make-up on but in the public eye they look terrible and thats what we all see!!!
So people are going to judge on that!!!
Bla Bla ????? So Rude!!!!:mad:

I've had my eyebrows done by Nilam. HD and tattooed.(spelled right?)

I have to say she is good on what she does! Only i regret having them tattooed as i didn't really need to. But temptation didn't stop me :) Don't be put off by these girls on TV. HD brows are really cool, especially for people who don't have much hair-brows lol!!

xx

Latest posts

Back