HD Brows, patch test and antihistamines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
i've posted out a HD Brows patch test to a new client and she has just got in touch to say on reading the leaflet that comes with the P/T it states use of antihistamines may affect the result. She is currently taking them for hayfever.

what should i advise? this was never discussed during training?:confused:

They have written it so ring HD and ask them for clarification.Ive never come across anti histamine as a contraindication for any treatment and so many people take it as you say for hay fever.

i've now spoken to HD Brows at Nouveau Beauty Group in South Elmsall, who say antihistamines won't affect it at all??

I would assume that being on anti histamines could possibly subdue any possible allergic reaction.

Someone may not react to a patch test if they have taken an anti histamine but could subsequently react to the full treatment if they haven't taken one that day.

That is actually a really good point and something I have never thought of before as it probably applies to most patch tests we do.

Although patch testing is already a PITA and I don't want it becoming any more complicated!

Latest posts

Back