Heeeeelp!.......ready to pack the nails in!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
Hiya....

:sad: Yeah I'm feeling veeeeery down! :sad:

Had one of those dreaded phonecalls this morning...."my nails look like they need an infill after just 3 days!".............. :cry:

Right to get the story straight.............a week last Thursday I did a clients nails (now I should have know right from the start she may be a problem - especially after telling me she had had 5 sets on at another salon with no success!), anyway by the Saturday she was back in as they looked a bit crystalised, so I tried to make them look better with an infill but I had other clients booked in.............so I said I'd sort them out properly on Friday cos that was my only free day..............she was then back in on the Tuesday as by now they hadn't lifted as such but they looked like she needed a damn good infill!!

For the rest of that week I bought a new primer in case that was contaminated, changed my monomer more often, got my l&p ratio perfect and basically read up everything I should be doing and shouldn't be doing and carried it all out the correct way! Had no problems with my other clients.

Friday (last week) I soaked them off and gave her a new set which I thought looked good...I did everything to the book! I also put a set on her daughter....and today I find out hers are going the same way!! :cry:

A bit of background on this client is that she has horses and sees them everyday....wanted talons....is 43 and hit the menopause early....and started a new job waitressing at the weekend.....now can any of these factors not be helping???......she also admitted that her hands had been in and out of water all weekend with her new job and she wore no gloves! :rolleyes: But I just think it's something I'm doing wrong!!! I have phoned NSI to ask when the next drop-in-day is for help and it aint til late Novemebr!!!!!

I am going tonight at 7 to try and sort the problems out....but I can see in 3 days time she will be on the phone again!

Does anyone know what is happening........I am feeling really down, I never expected to be perfect straight away as it all takes practise but I can't understand why all my other clients nails have been fine and these 2 cases aren't and why does it have to be both of them??!!!! They're gonna think I'm totally useless....well that is how I feel today! :sad: xxx

I cant help you with your problems but i can tell you not to give up and you are certainly not rubbish!! It is probably something she is doing. She cant expect them to look good if she is not looking after them! It may also be that L&p is not for her! I honestly dont know but dont let this get you down.xx

Totally agree with Zoe, don't let this setback get you down - from what you've said, this woman and her daughter don't sound as though they are making much of an effort to protect their nails!! If your other clients are happy, then don't let it get to you...

is it just lifting in zone 3 or is it no lifting and just growing fast or what? give us some more descriptions and lets see if we can get to the bottom of it

Hiya

Clients like this really do my head in....like you said your other clients are fine so i would guess its her. Next time you do them ask her if she is happy with them..when she replies yes, tell her good if you look after them they will stay like this !!!! you can make her nails look fab but its up to her to look after them inbetween appointments.

Your not really gonna give all this up over 1 silly client who cant look after her nails are you !!!!...forget her and think about all your happy clients. Chin up hun xxx

Thanks everyone....no I won't let it defeat me....I was being a bit dramatic but I did feel so down about it when I wrote it!

Yeah it's in zone 3, I'm not sure until tonight what they will look like, she said they're like last time so I presume they will look like some acrylic has cracked near the cuticle and that they are in need of an infill!

So do I try infilling them if it is like what I described above??? xxx

am i right in thinking that this is a new set on from last fri and has not been infiled yet?

if so are you applying zone 3 too thick enableing it to crack if not i would be questioning what shes doing with them!!! if they are too long for her and shes doing a lot of manual work ie. with horses ans washing up etc maybe shes wrecking that way????

if its cracked of near the cuticle then shes a picker!!! i know this cos im the worse, when i used to get my nails done, id always notice a little bit, then i'd have a litlle pick until they were all raggedy. it wasnt til lately when talking to my friend and doing peoples nails that i realised most normal people dont do this!! so, heres a tip - paint them! this way she cant see where they're lifting to pick. also, put your foot down and tell her she must look after them. ie wear rubber gloves!!!

nailsbynikki said:
am i right in thinking that this is a new set on from last fri and has not been infiled yet?

if so are you applying zone 3 too thick enableing it to crack if not i would be questioning what shes doing with them!!! if they are too long for her and shes doing a lot of manual work ie. with horses ans washing up etc maybe shes wrecking that way????
Yeah these are ones I did Friday....if you take a peek at my gallery I have a pic of her nails called "Super Talons".......She had them longer than this the first time I did them and it took some persuading to get her to have them this length and I still think they're far too long!

I've been making sure the cuticle area was thinned down...I will have to go on this drop-in-day at NSI (but November is ages away) so it'll have to be a one-to-one I think!!!

Why do some people always blame the nail tech, when clearly in this case the client has some responsibility!

Judging by the her 'lifestyle' ,the length of her enhancements should be more practical - i.e SHORTER!

The choice is hers, either reduce the length, or decide against having them at all.

People like this expect 'miracles' - bullet proof nails!

OK everyone...PANIC OVER!!!!

Went to do my clients nails at 7 and I could have come straight home....they were fine! One thumb looked like it just needed a touch up and that was it......she obviously has no clue that there will be a slight growth in 3 days!

I think she only wanted me to go round to replace the flower gem she had lost and maybe for some company!! Her daughters were fine too except a thumb again! Just hope that the touched up nails keep fine now...thing is she is a really nice lady so that helps! I just think she hasn't a clue!

She also has a gorgeous 1/2 persian 1/2 tabby kitten thats absolutely gorgeous......I am just trying to butter up my hubby now!!! xxx

Latest posts

Back