Help! At the point of giving it all up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiesBB

Reaction score
I really need some help/advice from fellow geeks.

I have been qualified in acrylic and gel nails for 3 months and have done my fair share of nails so far BUT not one set seems to be going right for me, I have hit the point that im am actually feeling sick about my phone ringing with there being a problem.

I use NSI for all of my products - my gels I am having a complete nightmare with. They peel, crack and chip and I am at the end of my teather with what I could possibly be doing wrong. I am using the polish pro and the balance gels. I am dehydrating the nails properly I have even purchased the NSI lamp as I thought the lamp was the problem but even this is not working.

I am at the point of giving it all up, I've really had enough.

Its not helped that for the last 3 weeks I have had nothing but problems with my orders from NSI either :sad:

Very very sad at the moment :Scared:

I really need some help/advice from fellow geeks.

I have been qualified in acrylic and gel nails for 3 months and have done my fair share of nails so far BUT not one set seems to be going right for me, I have hit the point that im am actually feeling sick about my phone ringing with there being a problem.

I use NSI for all of my products - my gels I am having a complete nightmare with. They peel, crack and chip and I am at the end of my teather with what I could possibly be doing wrong. I am using the polish pro and the balance gels. I am dehydrating the nails properly I have even purchased the NSI lamp as I thought the lamp was the problem but even this is not working.

I am at the point of giving it all up, I've really had enough.

Its not helped that for the last 3 weeks I have had nothing but problems with my orders from NSI either :sad:

Very very sad at the moment :Scared:

I don't know why you would give up. how much training have you done since our initial training? i know it may seem like a bottomless pit but the money you spend to get help will be well spent .. you are at the perfect popint to take in information that may have gone over your head before when youare taking so much in initially. Follow up trainig is so important.

nsi is not a brand that I use, but many do and many get on well with it so I'm not going to say the problem is the product. Still, many change and find that something else suits them. Many many users change up to CND. You can always try a CND Try Me kit for about a tenner and with the L&P you can have a go on yourself or a willing person and see how you like it. You can order by calling 08452106060 and it could be your nails will change overnight .. it has worked for many.

I attended a 2 day intense course, I read, re-read and re-read the course work to make sure that I am doing everything as I should be. My tutor is on hand whenever I need her but when I tell her what Im doing even she cant see what is wrong.

Am I just giving myself a hard time and will this work out over time? I just don't know.

My problem is I have gone into beauty as I have always wanted to, I was in an office for 8 years before being made redundant (without a pay out) I am having to start my business on pretty much nothing and have no money to do any further training right now. Im having to just go with what I have had.

I attended a 2 day intense course, I read, re-read and re-read the course work to make sure that I am doing everything as I should be. My tutor is on hand whenever I need her but when I tell her what Im doing even she cant see what is wrong.

Am I just giving myself a hard time and will this work out over time? I just don't know.

My problem is I have gone into beauty as I have always wanted to, I was in an office for 8 years before being made redundant (without a pay out) I am having to start my business on pretty much nothing and have no money to do any further training right now. Im having to just go with what I have had.

I understand, but hunni, you are trying to do what 100% of beauty therapists would tell you is the hardest most skillful treatment to learn of anything. You can't do that on your own. You are not incapable of doing nails, but unfortunately it is a skill that takes time and attention and allot of practise and instruction. If you tense up or just hate it when you are doing it you will not do it well. Try to relax and not try so hard. Then you will not over work what you are doing.

2 days training is completely inadequate for nails and I'm in no way surprised at your struggle. How can you even expect a different result after 2 days of inadequate instruction? :hug:

Thank you geeg, really appreciate your help :) trust me to pick the hardest thing to learn lol

I don't know why you would give up. how much training have you done since our initial training? i know it may seem like a bottomless pit but the money you spend to get help will be well spent .. you are at the perfect popint to take in information that may have gone over your head before when youare taking so much in initially. Follow up trainig is so important.

nsi is not a brand that I use, but many do and many get on well with it so I'm not going to say the problem is the product. Still, many change and find that something else suits them. Many many users change up to CND. You can always try a CND Try Me kit for about a tenner and with the L&P you can have a go on yourself or a willing person and see how you like it. You can order by calling 08452106060 and it could be your nails will change overnight .. it has worked for many.

Hi Geeg, can you purchase the try me kit even tho you've not trained with CND. I do have an account with S2?

Hi Geeg, can you purchase the try me kit even tho you've not trained with CND. I do have an account with S2?

Of course you can :biggrin: You need to be able to try things without doing a CND conversion .. that would be asking a bit much of people even though many do just that .. if you love it, then you book on to the conversion class to be able to purchase in larger quantity!

Of course you can :biggrin: You need to be able to try things without doing a CND conversion .. that would be asking a bit much of people even though many do just that .. if you love it, then you book on to the conversion class to be able to purchase in larger quantity!

Oh that's fantastic news. That way I can try it out on myself & family to get a feel of the product.

Thanks Gigi xx

Gigi is the best in the business so you should take her advice, but my humble offering is...

Wow, you are brave to start a new business with no money. I take it your tutor is not able to watch you work? If that is the case you really need a 1-2-1 with someone so that they can actually see what you are doing. Sounds like you have been working on your own and you may have picked up some bad habits which are causing these problems.

I am sure NSI do follow up training but if you are not as confident now with your current product you could save yourself money in the long term by doing a CND conversion course, as suggested. That way you get the additional training and a fab product – they have the very best products and training in my opinion. This is just my opinion before I get told off by NSI lovers out there - I do buy certain things from them too!

To run your new business successfully you need to invest in your training now. It really is no good saying you can’t afford it – you can’t afford not too really…sorry to be bossy :biggrin:

If I were you I would do some office temping so that you can get some money coming in. You can stop that when you are back on track, so it won’t be for ever.

Best of luck with it sweetie...

Thank you geeg, really appreciate your help :) trust me to pick the hardest thing to learn lol

...took me sooo long to write my post to you, between doing my office job, that you have your response...ha ha ha :rolleyes:

Hi there. You sound like you are in the same boat as me! I did courses with NSI and qualified May this year. I've set my own business up too, and I'm quite confident doing mine, and my families nails, but when I do a member of the public I'm not very happy with the results. Sometimes it seams that my L and P lets me down sometimes and it doesn't seem to work consistently even though I'm doing the same process. I would have thought id have progressed better and gained more confidence by now but I haven't. I've got to a point where I'm considering more training but I'm not sure if I would benefit more or improve. Also cost is an issue as I've paid a lot out this year. I'm considering the trial pack as recommended. I didn't realise it was available so I'm going to give that a go. Hopefully it may work better for me. X

Hi ic you give hour tutor a ring um sure they will help you out I trained through Nsi and I still text my tutor or ring if I have problem they have always been helpful or you could try ringing the girls at Nsi theyr very helpful to! Xx

Hi

I did my nail extension course with a fab teacher over 12weeks at college using NSI products and you know, I've had these problems with both L+P and gel myself and I've been doing nails for over a year now. Since starting full time as a nail tech its really getting to me because I do my bosses nails a lot and they always seem to lift fastest (having said that she is a picker but....they fall off after a week so I must be doing something not right regardless!)

I've been following a lot of tutorials on here hon, Fingernail fixer on facebook is pretty good with regards to cuticle work etc and i learned a lot there I didn't know. I was also considering changing to CND as I have had no problems with any of their products I have tried.

You can always try a CND Try Me kit for about a tenner and with the L&P you can have a go on yourself or a willing person and see how you like it. You can order by calling 08452106060 and it could be your nails will change overnight .. it has worked for many.

Geeg, is the Try Me kit L+P or gel? I assume it's L+P?

@ VickiesBB don't give up. Like I said I completed my nail training over a year ago and I am still learning and training. I'm fortunate to have a lot of support with it though but keep at it, it's worht it believe me, especially if its something you are very passionate about.

xx

Girls,

Believe me I know what you mean only yesterday I was talking to Geeg about the very same thing. Same old I've been doing nails for a year converted to CND in May and still having lifting issues. But Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are nails. However saying that tonight I rebalanced my nieces nails and minimal lifting. I could have cried. But I know next week my sister in laws nails would have probably lifted. Reason everyone's nails are different and have to be approached in different ways. Solution more training to learn all the tricks of the trade. Until that time I'm staying in guinea pig land. :hug:

From experience dont give upp :) i gave up on L&P and i shudent have, only now am i looking into starting it again (just saw geegs post about being able to try cnd so will be doing that), i trained with salon system which probably wasnt my best move but was new to the industry and would now make different desicions, i concentrated on gel and i converted to bio sculpture (also trained in salon system first) which was worth every penny and im so happy with it.. Im not saying its the product at all but why not maybe try some other products :) but dont give up.. Keep practising!!

why not book a 1 on 1 training day with nsi? seems a shame to quit one system what with the cost of the initial outlay, time and effort put in.

Have you etched the nail plate lightly with a 100 grit file? that's were I was going wrong, solved it instantly.

Have you etched the nail plate lightly with a 100 grit file? that's were I was going wrong, solved it instantly.

A 100 grit file?????? Bloody hell .. no wonder it stuck! You should never file a natural nail surface with a file that harsh (even lightly) ... nothing less than 240 grit ... if this is what the brand recommends then I would never use it ... that's as bad as what the NSS are doing for Pete's sake!

It makes me cringe just to read about it! I am not blaming you if that is what you have been taught you would not know any different but you have eyes to see what that is doing to someones nails and really that kind of information is 'out of the Ark'.

Of course you can :biggrin: You need to be able to try things without doing a CND conversion .. that would be asking a bit much of people even though many do just that ..

Really? Has this changed since December? I asked S2 if there was any way I could try the products prior to doing a conversion and was told no! I really wish I could have bought a trial kit for £10, would have saved me a lot of money and tears!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you can :biggrin: You need to be able to try things without doing a CND conversion .. that would be asking a bit much of people even though many do just that .. QUOTE]

Really? Has this changed since December? I asked S2 if there was any way I could try the products prior to doing a conversion and was told no! I really wish I could have bought a trial kit for £10, would have saved me a lot of money and tears!

Nothing has changed. We have always sold try me kits (not to the untrained you understand) but as long as you have a pro certificate then you can purchase a try me kit and if anyone tells you different then ask to speak to the persons manager about it just like you would if you were speaking to anyone else and didn't like the answers you were getting lol. It would be a bit rediculous to have Try Me kits and then not let people buy one to TRY wouldn't it?

At S2 they have taken on many new staff over the last few years .. they don't know all the answers for some time as you can imagine. They should ASK if they don't know but sometimes they don't, they think they do but they don't, so if you don't like an answer or think it doesn't make sense, ask to be put through t the persons manager.

Latest posts

Back