Help, can't decide on which gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drive By Beauty

Reaction score
Do I go for shellac, gelish or artistic colour gloss????

I really can't decide :(

Hello
I use gelish love the fact it lasts 3 weeks and have been known to last longer on other clients.
HTH x

Shellac isn't a gel polish.
I use gelish and love it, as do all my clients. I would recommend having the treatments done on your own nails and see which you prefer :) xx

I think one could say that about ALL UV cured colour coats ... with the right home care routine and some care and attention attention they all last 2 weeks and sometimes 3. After 3 weeks they all look pretty awful with acres of regrowth showing. If applied properly, and barring client interference they should all last about the same.

Shellac is my choice and always has been my only choice for completely different reasons. A few things to think about:

1. Shellac is not gel and applies easier, faster and quicker than gel.
2. There is no buffing of the natural nails when you use Shellac
3. The coverage with shellac is always 2 coats and not 3 or more so time saved.
4. Shellac is free of the components in gel that are known to cause allergies.
5. Clients Ask for Shellac by name all the time. It is superbly well branded.
&. Shellac removes the fastest with also no buffing and clients love that.

I have tried Gelish and Shellac and found that Shellac works much better for me. I have decided to train with Shellac because of this. Why don't you try the products and go with the one you like the best.

I love orly gel fx :) have you looked in to this?

Has anyone used the opi gel polishes?? What do you think of them?:)

try them allout and pick what suits you

i use shellac and love it, its most of what i do nowxx

I use opi gelcolor and i love it, colour range is fab, removal is quick & easy, application is easy & the high gloss finish lasts till they are removed

We use Shellac and Gelish, they are both excellent but for different reasons x

Thanks for all your replies - there's so much choice and like everyone is saying there all good in there own right.
I find a lot of my clients have weaker nails, so in terms of slightly more strength would I be right in thinking gelish would be better? I know it's going to be trial and error with these things but just want to invest in the choice :)

The vast majority of enquiries I get are ladies that are new to nail services, asking for Shellac by name - I think that speaks for itself! People are very brand-driven these days, and once they try Shellac, they keep coming back!! ;)

I use Entity one colour couture gel polish and I love it. I think the best thing you can do is to try a few on yourself. Dont be swayed by what other people say, you have to see the results for yourself and that will make you confident in your brand. Best of luck chosing, there are some great products on the market.

I believe gelish is better for added strength...Like I said I use both, personally on myself I love love love Shellac and we do get asked for it by name, However it is what it is... a power polish and excellent for people with strong healthy nails. I find gelish is much better lasting on ladies with weaker or flaky nails. This is just my opinion but I need to cater for everyone x

Latest posts

Back