HELP!!!!! I am in soooooo.... much pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG...

I come home yesterday from doing someones nails, i got out my car with our Sniff (my dog) under one arm and my bag under the other and i have either been in a funny position when i have getting out the car or my bag and our Sniff have been too heavy. He's a mini Jack Russell so i dont think its been the weight i have been carrying.

Anyway i am crippled! My lower back is killing and i have pains going right into my legs. I have had it loads of times and when eventualy get to the doc's the pain has gone so there is nothing they can do. I have Diclofenac to take one 3 times a day and Amitriptylice to take one 2hrs before i go to bed to knock me out and relax my muscels. I cant really do anything to prevent it from happening it just happens, the last time i just sneezed and i was ill for a week with the pain.

I know non of you's are doctors but i was just wondering if any of you's have had this sort of pain and if you know anything i can do to make it better or to click it back to normal.

Thanks xxx

this to me sounds like classic sciatica - i have it too, so can empthasise with you hunny - i just take 2 paracetamol, 1 codeine phosphate and 1 ibuprofin (yes its safe to take these together) and that does the trick (sometimes) otherwise you just have to wait it out flower, im afraid. i did do to a chiropractor,but because my back has now progressed to "instable spine" (doctors diagnosis) she couldnt do anything. if i were you hunny, id try the chiropractor and see if she can do anything for you BEFORE it gets any worse

OMG...

. I have Diclofenac to take one 3 times a day

AAAh good old Diclofenac....Hubby and I are never without it in the medicine cabinet. Works a treat for his back and my elbow

if you know anything i can do to make it better or to click it back to normal.

Thanks xxx

The only other thing that works for hubbies back...is a Chiropractor, and his pain sounds very alike yours and is caused by the same 'silly' things. One time just avoiding an overhanging branch from a tree...couldn't straighten up and I had to go collect him!!!

Hope the Diclofenac kicks in soon :hug:

A friend has a nightmare with her back. She compares notes on painkillers and drugs with other friends, she's had just about all of them! A few things that help - accupuncture, massage - she used to come for a weekly massage when I lived near by, and Heat Lotion.

Whatever you do don't rush the recovery. If and when it starts to feel ok don't put unnessecery strain etc. As said above time is soo important!

Mat xx

if the pain travels down your leg it could be sciatica

my chiropractor works on bones and muscles, so you need to find someoe that can do both.

=]

Get yourself down to a private Chiropractor as quickly as possible...you will be as right as rain in no time..should only cost about £30 per session..far better than being refered when by the time you get there the problem has temp gone.

I have ongoing back probs and this gets it sorted quick so I can get back to living life....

I am not entirley sure that heat is the right thing as my Chiropractor gets me to use a cold pack..put it in freezer and then on the effected area..sounds dreadfull I know but it actually is very soothing and you dont feel the cold.... .if you use the wrong one (hot when you should use cold) you will simply compound your problem.

Any good Chiropractor will reccomend which one best to use...he/she will also give you some mild excersise work that will help the problem.

So dont delay..get yourself booked in ASAP

Oh and dont forget to get a bit of sympathy from Hubby as well ...maybe a massage hey???

get well soon Gemma :hug:

Oh hun I really feel for you

Hope you are feeling better real soon

Private RECOMENDED chiropractor may be the thing, or ask your GP to get an x-ray of your back. Just coz he does not find anything does not mean that there is nothing wrong. DEMAND that he does something. OK. Sorry thats me being bossy.

You are too young to have this prob. for the rest of your life.

Thanks guys, but it was yonks ago when i hurt my back!

I am fine now... but i wont hold me breath!! I will no doubt hurt it again soon. Def gonna book to see someone next time.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
hi, i suffer from lower back pain, i think its from carrying blake round (my little boy) who actually isnt that little anymore. i have just purchased a body action vibra plate machine, which in one week has helped considerably. as long as you havent got any disc damage you can use one. it helps lower back pain aswell as numorous other benefits. if you want the telephone number to find out where your nearest machine is let me know. hope your feeling better soon.
:hug:

Ive stopped having chiropractic care now. I have accupuncture instead. I found i was not feeling any further benefit from carrying on seeing the chiro. not even for maintenance, so i started trying TCM (traditional chinese medicine) practices, such as Tui Na (massage) and Accupuncture. I've found it fab, and have been seeing the practitioner for about 6 months now. every 2-3 weeks. much more relaxing than chiro aswell!!

Hi if it's a muscle prob, then find a good massage therapist. They should be able to help ease it. Find one that does hot stone therapy and that will deffinatly work, it will relax the area and help with pain relief (better than taking meds for pain) If you were up near dundee I know of 2 good massage therapist who'd be able to help you..... Good luck and hope you heal soon.:)

Sounds like sciatica or a slipped disc, maybe? It can be a long route to an MRI scan, but it's the only way to clarify the situation. Very debilitating and painful at worst and a condition you have to be constantly mindful of at best, as another severe bout can strike in an instant. :hug: Best bit of advice I heard was to keep changing position as much as possible, as too much of any one activity/position could make it harder to manage the pain/discomfort.

i would agree with Deena, my fiance has sciatica, and because of that it resulted in a slipped disc a month before xmas and was off for 6 weeks in total, this was after finally been able to control the pain.

during that time off he went to the pyhsio at the hospital, was given specific stretches and so far so good.

when is back is playing up though he gets shooting pains down either leg, numb heel/foot, and his back gets stiff.

OMG...

I come home yesterday from doing someones nails, i got out my car with our Sniff (my dog) under one arm and my bag under the other and i have either been in a funny position when i have getting out the car or my bag and our Sniff have been too heavy. He's a mini Jack Russell so i dont think its been the weight i have been carrying.

Anyway i am crippled! My lower back is killing and i have pains going right into my legs. I have had it loads of times and when eventualy get to the doc's the pain has gone so there is nothing they can do. I have Diclofenac to take one 3 times a day and Amitriptylice to take one 2hrs before i go to bed to knock me out and relax my muscels. I cant really do anything to prevent it from happening it just happens, the last time i just sneezed and i was ill for a week with the pain.

I know non of you's are doctors but i was just wondering if any of you's have had this sort of pain and if you know anything i can do to make it better or to click it back to normal.

Thanks xxx

I would try a chiropractor and a good massage with heat therapy if you can, I also find dry floats good. Get yourself a heat pad and slip it into your waistband, eases the pain, gives comfort and best of all the clients can't see it. Maggie

Latest posts

Back