Help!!!! My Eyelashes Have Been Frazzled!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
OK... i know this serves me right for being nosey, but yesterday i went to check out the competition. It's a new salon that has opened not too far from me. Thought i would have a treatment i cant do on myself an EYELASH PERM! Oh my god what a mess they are, they havent got the lovely bend they are meant to have, they are actually curly at the edges, well more like screwed up! My lovely long lashes are now shriveled. I cant even pull them straight with mascara. WHAT CAN I DO? is there anything i can do to condition them? i,v tried collagen after perm lotion, to no avail. i have been perming peoples lashes for a few years, and never done this to anyones. I can only imagine that the lashes were not pulled back tightly and straight. any ideas greatly appreciated! :cry:

i know this isn't much help, but this happened to my friend when she was on work experience at a salon! its never happened to any of us while we were practising on each other - and we are all students!! and when she went to get it professionally her eyelashes were curled so tightly and like...well flazzed at the ends! its started to drop out a bit now! i'm so sorry i couldn't help emmie just thought i'd share my experiences!!! xxxx

They do say that Curiosity killed the Cat.... :green:

Not sure what advice to offer though... surely they will just grow out in a few weeks?

This link may help.
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/55762-eyelash-perming-safe.html?highlight=Perming+Eyelashes

Have you contacted the salon concerned and enquired about this? Did you notice this after the treatment? Take photographs of your lashes and give them a call on Monday morning (if they are open) and politely ask them what they are going to do about this. It is obviously wrong that this has happened. Perhaps the staff member was not properly qualified to give this treatment.

This link may help.
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/55762-eyelash-perming-safe.html?highlight=Perming+Eyelashes

Have you contacted the salon concerned and enquired about this? Did you notice this after the treatment? Take photographs of your lashes and give them a call on Monday morning (if they are open) and politely ask them what they are going to do about this. It is obviously wrong that this has happened. Perhaps the staff member was not properly qualified to give this treatment.

well... i thought about ringing, but really dont want to go back in, the best they will do is give me my money back, all i want is my eyelashes back! as someone earlier said 'curiosity killed the cat' i have learnt my lesson.. never again will i be so nosey! :mad:

well... i thought about ringing, but really dont want to go back in, the best they will do is give me my money back, all i want is my eyelashes back! as someone earlier said 'curiosity killed the cat' i have learnt my lesson.. never again will i be so nosey! :mad:

I am sure you are entitled to your money back. xx

When you say that the lashes are frazzled at the end, are they actually damaged or is it that they weren't laid flat against the perm rod and so got 'set' in a strange shape?

If care is not taken to lay the lashes flat you would also get kinks in the end.

If that is the case, rather than chemical damage, then re-applying the relaxing (perm) lotion would straighten them out again.

Although I wouldn't return to the salon again though!! Perhaps there is a Geek living in your area that could help, alternatively call a reputable salon, explain the problem and see if they can help.

Do you know (or can you find out) what brand of perm they use? Maybe you could contact the company direct and ask for their advice.

Isn't there a relaxer you can buy....?? I'm sure they mentioned that on my perming training.... I will investigate for you.

I am sure you are entitled to your money back. xx

I agree with Tracey, get your money back at least!! The treatment they provided wasn't performed correctly!!

Not only would you save yourself dodgey eyelashes in the future (if you decided to go back) you could be helping others, surely they need to know where they are going wrong.

I only do nails and would like any constructive input if I didn't produce a brilliant set.

Teri x:hug:

It could also be that the lotions were left on too long which will cause them to have the 'frazzled' look!:eek:

they are fine now..... thankfully, got one of the girls to straighten them out.. we used perm solution, no roller, just kept combing them through for ten mins with a brow brush, neutralised them, and collagen lotioned them a plenty, got my lashes back:)

Glad you got them sorted.

I really DO think you should go back and tell them what happened...you don't need to do it in a attacking way...just explain. I think they should know whats happening..otherwise how will they know and get it sorted.

Wouldn't you want to know if someone was unhappy with a service you had performed...i know i would.

For future ref we only ever taught to comb the perm solution through for about 30 seconds followed by the same with the neutraliser.... its all you need, dont want to over process them.

For future ref we only ever taught to comb the perm solution through for about 30 seconds followed by the same with the neutraliser.... its all you need, dont want to over process them.

I dont see how this could give any kind of long lasting result, if any result at all?

Surely 30 secs is not enough to break down the hydrogen bonds?

I dont see how this could give any kind of long lasting result, if any result at all?

Surely 30 secs is not enough to break down the hydrogen bonds?

Sorry only just seen this.....it is. This treatment does not completely redo the lashes to a point of not looking done at all, just relaxes. Remember its only the smallest margin of the lash nearer the root that has been (or should have been) processed in the original treatment. Normally when someones lashes look overcurled it is the result of misplacement of either the roller or the perming solution or both so its not neccessary to re process for a longer time.
I was a national trainer and supplier for a large international company for a number of years, personally training their methods to hundreds of salons and college students and used this technique many times with great results and no problems. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back