Help!!!!!!!!!!nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi all, having problems with my nail tips they are breaking when I put the gel on please help as new to nails. I dont know if its me being to heavy and filing to low or if the nail tips are just no good.I am gettng slightly worried as I have my first paying client on friday afternoon. can anyone recommend good tips I can buy quick and what is the best tips to use? :cry:

Hi Sharon

If youuse the search box and type in tips breaking it comes up with loads of info

Jane x

What training have you had and where ?
then we will be able to help you more (you need to fill in your profile with more info hun)

sometimes if you over blend your tip it can cause it to break also if you are doing l&p if you primer over the tip this can sometimes happen.

hi thanks for the info, I have no idea what brand the tips are as I am using the ones I got when I went on my gel course. my trainer is abroad at the moment so I am unable to contact her for advice. I have ordered nail tips from essential nails as my trainer said they were good, she gave me a book and marked the products to buy once my stuff ran low. my order was dispatched last thursday but with postal strikes still on there is no way I am going to get those tips for friday, I am seriously thinking of cancelling the lady on friday as I have no idea what make of tips to buy.( lady asked for square tips) I have a wholesale place near me called sallys but would have no idea what make to buy from them.( I popped in to sallys to ask for nail biters gel) they had no idea what I was on about My husband found this site whilst on the net, it is a great way to communicate with nail techs, especially when new to nails like I am. there is so many products out there to choose from and I have no idea what to buy. If anyone has used sallys can you please let me know what tips you used please.

what do you mean when you say "nail biter gel"?

i would agree with what has been said, that if you are using a primer and putting it on the tip this can cause the tip to crack. If you are using a primer make sure you are using on the nail plate area and not on the tip. hth xx

hi, my trainer said when you have a client (who bites their nails) who insist on having gel tips to use tip bond gel it is a small 2g tube. instead of the normal tip adhesive as it is thicker and will hold the tip on the nail better. I did not use a primer on the gel nail. It must have been me filing to hard or the tip cheap. thanks for all the advice given.

What do you mean by nail biters gel? there is no such thing,. gel is gel and comes from a brand eg, creative ,nsi , ezflow ect ect, i have used sallys ,(peterbourgh) and the only nail tips they sell are salon system and star nails, to which i honestly havent used either product, the reason your nails may be cracking ie incorrect fit, or to much filing, air bubles trapped from appylying glue, may i ask who you trained with?

i think she means a gel adhesive to fix the tips on with.

we have a tutorial on here that may help you with tips on nailbiters.
could some kind geek help me with a link?

thanks angel fingers I did mean a gel adhesive to fix the tips on with. the tip bond gel as it is called is made by star nails it is for people who bite the nails. it is a thicker adhesive to help as a cushion to the natural nail tip area. I trained with louise callaway at noble nails salon training academy.

creative also has a gel adhesive called gel bond.

I have used very cheap tips and not had this problem. I think the cracking is more tip size and the other application reasons already stated vs. the brand tip.

It could be down to the tips or that the nail is to oily do you dehydrate the nail before applying the tip? Either that or perhaps you're not putting enough gel on. Also take extra care to make sure you don't get gel on the surrounding cuticle area as this may cause lifting. I've said this before on this site that i really don't think it matters what make of tips you use its the product you put on top that provides the strength! L x :green:

I think you can buy rubbish tips so do be careful. I remember when I first started I bought some tips (I'd better not say where from) and I applied them and when I cut the length off, the tip split vertically. They weren't all that cheap either, not the most expensive, but definitely not the cheapest

thanks angel fingers I did mean a gel adhesive to fix the tips on with. the tip bond gel as it is called is made by star nails it is for people who bite the nails. it is a thicker adhesive to help as a cushion to the natural nail tip area. I trained with louise callaway at noble nails salon training academy.

while you are waiting for your delivery, you can get some star nails tips from sallys, they are good and readily available.

Latest posts

Back